• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bruno Guimarães

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonger

Heard 'South American football expert' Tim Vickery mention him on Talksport a couple of days ago.

Basically said he likes him, thinks he's a very good player, the only thing that let's him down is that he's very 1 footed in favour of his right foot.

I find that a bit of a strange comment, because apart from geniuses like Cazorla, I'd say most players are pretty 1 footed. Can't say I see many players patrolling the midfield showcasing their 2 footedness a lot.

benjamin86

Established Member
Heard 'South American football expert' Tim Vickery mention him on Talksport a couple of days ago.

Basically said he likes him, thinks he's a very good player, the only thing that let's him down is that he's very 1 footed in favour of his right foot.

I find that a bit of a strange comment, because apart from geniuses like Cazorla, I'd say most players are pretty 1 footed. Can't say I see many players patrolling the midfield showcasing their 2 footedness a lot.
Only ones i can think of off the top of my head are De Bruyne and Maddison.

#Davido

From what I’ve seen I’m not 100% sold on him. He’s definitely more technical than Xhaka. Probably has a wider range of passing too. Not the quickest or most mobile though and we’re desperately in need of some legs in that midfield.

Last edited:

Bloodbather

Established Member

WTF are people seeing and why is there barely any excitement about this guy?

The only thing he has in common with Xhaka is his height and passing range. That is it. Any compilation of him shows that he can dribble, drive with the ball and that he always looks to play forward. He can also turn and tackle properly.

His touch map shows he has an engine. He also has a good first touch and has the ball under his spell unlike our current midfield options. He is comfortable in all areas of the pitch. I am so confused. He is highly regarded in Brazil and our last unknown Brazillian purchase went down pretty well. I hope we get this guy.

I've watched some more videos of him since our previous discussion and I will concede that I seem to have underestimated the significance of his ability to dribble and push forward has in a comparison of him and Xhaka - and how that relates to the prospects of signing him.

I do still see more similarities with Xhaka than you do. It goes beyond height and passing range, his positioning on the pitch is very similar, his posture and the way he runs are very similar as well.

I've warmed up to the idea of signing him, precisely because he now looks like he could be a better, improved Xhaka to me. That is, a player that brings the upside of Xhaka but doesn't bring the downside. I am still reserved about his agility, because his ability to dribble seems more technique-related than agility-related to me, but regardless of the cause, it should negate Xhaka's inability to beat the press and push forward and make him a more well-rounded midfielder.

Vantastico

I think I have cracked the masterplan of Iceberg Raul and the Notorious Edu. The idea here is obviously to hi-jack this deal from Benfica, then comfort them by offering Granit Xhaka for a reduced fee of only £29,99m.

I like the other Bruno. The one whose quality is what we should endeavour to be having. The reason why we aren't competing with United for his signature fathoms me. This one's play resembles that of Xhaka a lot.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Should be going for guys like Soumare or Sangare (apparently been very good this year) and possibly Kalvin Philips.

There's greats CM's out there.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Guy is as reliable as it gets with French stuff?

No. He works for the French equivalent of The Sun. You only have to scroll through his timeline to see how many “exclusives” he has on transfers which are mostly exclusively bollocks.

ArsenalFever

Shame if he's off to Lyon, was quietly anticipating this transfer, if Xhaka was off, then this could of happened early Jan.

Regarded by some as the midfielder of the future for Brazil.

Really we could benefit from a player with a similar skillset, looks the complete midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom