• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Smail

although Mikel is unexperienced as a manager, the way he presents himself, the way he talks and coaches, the motivational speeches he can give, it looks like he is in this job for a long time, it already feels so familiar, as if emery didnt exist and we now finally can start the post wenger era

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I've seen enough of Arteta and like him that much I'm willing to give him 2-3 seasons to develop as manager. I think he will become very good manager.

But its all pointless if we keep having same transfers windows as the last 5 windows.

Which is why I can't really be bothered to get involved in discussion on here any more, what's the point in debate when we all know the club will **** up by signing **** players on high wages year after year.

bandaid

right now everyone should be putting all the pressure we can on the owners to spend some money....not putting pressure on arteta and the team. The problem is the board which wants us to have AMN and Saka as our fullbacks, Mustafi and Luiz as our CB and a barebones bench.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You can always judge a manager even with the same player. It's not like these players are league one level. They probably are realsictally 6/7th in the league level bar a couple.

Arteta has to improve players.

I harped on yesterday about it but look at Mourinho. Same players as Poch took to the final of the champions league and Mourinho hasnt really improved them.

Pearson walked into watford who are by all respects brutal. Maybe better than their current position but a poor team. And instantly he has them all playing better.

So this idea that Arteta should have a free hit this 5 months is wrong. Players are coachable. And that needs to be shown soon.
Seen 4 managers trying to coach the mistakes out of Mustafi and it's just not possible.

This is a cut throat league and if you've got players that make howlers in defence, all your good coaching is undone in an instant. Mustafi, Sokratis, Xhaka and Luiz are all rash at times. You can see Luiz has improved under Arteta, but I bet he'll let the manager down in some crucial game. Seen it before at other clubs, and he's slowing up now too.

I'd give Arteta a free until we buy some players that can be relied on. They don't have to be Messi standard.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Seen 4 managers trying to coach the mistakes out of Mustafi and it's just not possible.

This is a cut throat league and if you've got players that make howlers in defence, all your good coaching is undone in an instant. Mustafi, Sokratis, Xhaka and Luiz are all rash at times. You can see Luiz has improved under Arteta, but I bet he'll let the manager down in some crucial game. Seen it before at other clubs, and he's slowing up now too.

I'd give Arteta a free until we buy some players that can be relied on. They don't have to be Messi standard.

Picking mustafi is a huge error.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He has to take some of the blame. Mustafi will take the hit, but we never looked like getting anything with 11 men.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Another huge mistake. Surely Rob Holding offers slightly more than Mustafi.

Terrible decision making by Luiz too. Just jockey and let Abraham shoot from there.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
This isn't on Arteta. Not even some of it is on Arteta. At best he can only be criticised for showing some faith in mustafi turning it around. Something he is the fourth manager to attempt.

D

Dial Square 1886

Terrible decision making by Luiz too. Just jockey and let Abraham shoot from there.

Of course.

Never know why they make that challenged.

1-0 down with 10, or 1-0 down with 11.

Bonkers

progman07

Established Member

Why in the Arteta thread? You and I know next to nothing on Holding's fitness.

The guy needs a huge backing by the board because this squad is absolutely awful, I could imagine us getting relegated if Aubameyang got injured really.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
First game where there’s been a few question marks.

Not sure how fit Holding is but when you pick Mustafi you’re just as much to blame as he is at this point.

Left side looked massively weak from the start too, which Chelsea exploited. Martinelli-Saka on the same side combined with Özil in midfield...not the best of setups.

But he was brave enough to keep attacking players on and not run to the bench, which helped get us a result. That deserves a fair amount of credit. With Emery we probably go into our shell and come away with a 2/3-0 loss.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Trust the process. The players fought for him tonight showing that they believe in him. That's unbelievably important. Now it's about getting Auba back, getting Sokratis back with Luiz. Getting Tierney/Kola back and building from there and try to improve as much as possible over the coming months before he gets the chance to bring in his own players in the summer.

Manberg

Predator
Arteta started Bellerin, to the anger of some gooners who think AMN has earned his place, and Arteta's decision paid off.

Top Bottom