• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | Tuesday, January 21 | KO: 20:15 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When they scored in the 85th minute, after everything that had happened tonight, I was done...I thought we are a combination of the unluckiest/stupidest team on the planet :lol:

Delighted with that, players dug in for that result...imagine not thinking Arteta is already an amazing manager!

Last edited:

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Why? Took his goal very well indeed. Still concerning his lack defensive positional awarness and how easily opposition player put through ball by him and how often he is caught out of position.
Thought Heccy was decent tonight, still think AMN deserves to start over him on current form. He’s been quality under Mikel.

arsmile

Established Member
for PEA's next suspended match we should be giving either martinelli or eddie a shot at the CF position.

Lacca is just treading water up there. Let one of them go and grab it.

MikeVinna

Established Member
for PEA's next suspended match we should be giving either martinelli or eddie a shot at the CF position.

Laca is putting in the effort though. Wish he’d just get a goal and get going but it hasnt happened yet.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
That was a bloody good 2nd half, most enjoyable 45 mins of Arsenal this season! What really pleases me was Arteta changing his mind about taking off Martinelli. I was screaming at the TV not to take him off because he was one of only a few who could get us back into the game. Arteta knew it too and Holding put his jacket back on. That decision and this performance could be a big season moment for us. Now we need to start winning and climbing the table, and I think we will.

Gunner D

Cant stand Joe Cole, last time I heard him he was banging on about how Arsenal need to get the ownership sorted and the split (Usmanov/Kroenke) board room was the reason we were a mess, this was a year or so after Usmanov sold his shares
Yeah don’t get me wrong, he’s most likely a w*nker but he’s got good knowledge of the game. Off the pitch affairs, I’m not so sure he knows much about anything

zilfy

Not sure why were signing Kurzawa btw. Saka looks quality as 3rd choice LB. just gonna be another bum taking up a load of our wages.
Exactly. I think Saka has played better at LB than he has at LW for arsenal. If Martinelli is intent on playing on the wing and Saka is intent on starting every game then his future for us is at LB

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Its the FA cup game, so at least we'll have Auba for the next PL game.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Aside from playing azpi and half the Chelsea team onside for their second goal. And given that it was a set piece it wouldn't matter if he was playing cb or cm. :(

CB's and CM's now look better because the formation has stopped people being too exposed, a weakness from the AW period.
Yeah.

I mean - I'd still let him go in the Summer personally. I know he has his fans, but I still think midfield needs a massive revamp, even with Arteta giving them more shape.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Thought Hector was decent tonight, still think AMN deserves to start over him on current form. He’s been quality under Mikel.

I think he's done nothing wrong and been solid defensively.

Bellerin has done more offensively in one game than AMN since Arteta became boss.

Last edited:

Pepes blue pill

He could just keep moving and beat his man. Ahh who am I kidding wouldve probably been nothing at the end of that. But its just the thought that refs never give us the benefit of the doubt.

Ref woulda been straight up breaking the rules as well, the time was up n there was no reason for more to have been added on

Gunner D

Pepe would be a much better player if he just ran in a straight line
His pace is electric. He just needs to simplify his game and use his pace more, instead of doing step overs 2 seconds. No defender is catching him once he gets going. Mikel should be pointing this out to him. He should still use his trickery, but only in the final 3rd, penalty box. Still think he’s gonna explode. Too much potential not to. Just needs polishing up.

arsmile

Established Member
Exactly. I think Saka has played better at LB than he has at LW for arsenal. If Martinelli is intent on playing on the wing and Saka is intent on starting every game then his future for us is at LB

I agree...the idea that we need a LB when our 3rd choice is pretty much our most in form player, seems crazy.

we have so many areas of the team that need desperate investment.

I feel like we're planning ahead as kola wants to leave- but we shouldn't underestimate saka at LB.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Great character in the second-half. Wonderful goals but the gritty defending from the likes of Xhaka was a revelation!

What filth passes for referees these days. He didn't have to send Luiz off, he kept withholding yellows for cynical professional fouls from Chelsea to break up attacks, didn't check VAR for the obvious offside in their second goal and yet this paragon of refereeing found time to hassle players out on their feet when they left the pitch at something less than 100 mph.

As for the Chelsea fans... the most disgusting in the premier league, bar none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom