• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | Tuesday, January 21 | KO: 20:15 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finesse

Arteta should ban Pepe from doing step overs and face to face dribbles until he gets into the final third. He has pace , movement and long strides to attack space. Like Martinelli or Hudson Odoi. The amount of time he tries to step over or beat his man from a static position is criminal. He either loses it or ends up passing back to his right back who is often marked and under pressure. Pepe should run into space and use his pace and movement. No dribbles until the final third.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Great character in the second-half. Wonderful goals but the gritty defending from the likes of Xhaka was a revelation!

What filth passes for referees these days. He didn't have to send Luiz off, he kept withholding yellows for cynical professional fouls from Chelsea to break up attacks, didn't check VAR for the obvious offside in their second goal and yet this paragon of refereeing found time to hassle players out on their feet when they left the pitch at something less than 100 mph.

As for the Chelsea fans... the most disgusting in the premier league, bar none.
Agree 100% with everything you just wrote there! If I could I'll give you 10 likes!

Pepes blue pill

We are still at the beginning getting back up from the hole Emery dug us into! There are more losses and lessons to be learned before we can become a team that competes for top4 again!

But I respect people being positive and hopeful! Its the only thing we can do otherwise we lost!

Yep, I just hate how it ignores the fact our rivals can be saying the exact same thing lol

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Girlfriend has a 6am start at work tomorrow, went to bed at half time as she thought the game was over, and she wanted a relatively good nights sleep...real shame for her, as I will be waking her phat ass up for some celebration sexy times...Arsenal should really think of others...

Last edited:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Martinelli is the best attacking young discovery we've had since Anelka. I am not comparing him to Henry and Van Persie etc, they were not unknowns when they joined us.

If the club has any sense they will give him a seven year contract and slap a £250 million release clause on him. Another season of this, with more appearances and it won't be Auba the big boys will come knocking for.

Pepes blue pill

Martinelli is the best attacking young discovery we've had since Anelka. I am not comparing him to Henry and Van Persie etc, they were not unknowns when they joined us.

If the club has any sense they will give him a seven year contract and slap a £250 million release clause on him. Another season of this, with more appearances and it won't be Auba the big boys will come knocking for.

Or don't put any release clause in it, we aint in la liga

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Top 4 is a shaky prospect even if things went our way. Top priority is to get back into a winning form to win those Cups. If we can continue to improve I'm certain we have a bigger chance of winning the europa league than we ever did under Emery.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

stop crying like that stupid frog
1210368.jpg

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Top 4 is a shaky prospect even if things went our way. Top priority is to get back into a winning form to win those Cups. If we can continue to improve I'm certain we have a bigger chance of winning the europa league than we ever did under Emery.
We are less favourites than we were last season in the Europa League. Pretty sure top four is out and we may not even make top six.

We need to improve and build a more ambitious team next year around the younger players and a few wise old heads.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Players and agents hold all the power in this era. No one would sign such a contract. Look at Zaha and how much he's regretting it.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Wow. What a match. I've so many thoughts but most of all, the application of our players and the determination to execute Arteta's orders is what pleased me most. Most players put in a good shift mentally and physically.
Leno-made some good saves but I wish he would save a penalty.
Luiz-should have got between Abraham and the goal but he was hung out to dry.
Mustafi- awful player. He put in some good blocks but the simplest back pass cost us. His passes straight to the opposition under no pressure were alarming.
Saka-18 years old and played out of position and targeted by Chelsea. A really mature outing.
Bellerin-very good defensively which has been the main criticism and got forward to great effect when it mattered. He looked fully fit too.
Torreira-a solid tidy job in midfield. Very disciplined with some good forward thrusts to drive us on.
Xhaka-tidy and determined on midfield and even better at CB. Massive respect for him and he's looked more of a leader without the captaincy.
Özil-anonymous and no physical application to come deep or create space. Looked lost.
Pepe-didn't do enough. Flashes of brilliance but he needs to be more intelligent in his play.
Laca-some nice play and a hardworking effort but its not good enough. Very poor for Chelsea's second and I cant see him scoring anytime soon.
Martinelli-effort and talent. The best solo goal I've seen from a Gunner in ages. He has that Anelka hope vibe about him. As Keown said, he holds our club in his hand.
The subs-they did ok. Holding might have organised the box better. Guendouzi put himself about, stopped a counter and won a few fouls. Willock had no time to have an effect.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
They sign contracts like that every time Real Madrid and Barcelona want them to. The time to secure Martinelli is now, not when all Europe is raving about him. Requires a leap of faith and investment from our craven board.
I am not disagreeing with you. But 250 mil is a bit too much. But he definitely needs a bigger contract right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom