• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 118,503
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Finding it hard to blame him, was covering from a Mustafi error and I think there's enough in his tackle to say he did attempt to get the ball.

Jae

Should have perhaps been a little smarter but he would have never been in that position having to make a last ditch tackle had it not been for Mustafi.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
You can't really blame him for trying to challange Abraham. It is just a natural instinct. For the bigger picture it would have been better if he didn't but you can't always weight up the pros and cons in nano seconds. It is the same reason players would stick their arms out to stop a ball if they stationed on the goal line and the ball is flying past them.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Finding it hard to blame him, was covering from a Mustafi error and I think there's enough in his tackle to say he did attempt to get the ball.

Exactly this. If there is even a doubt you don't give him a red.

This to me looks like Phil Jones knows Hazard is away and there is no chance he can get to the ball, so just takes him down with a desperate tackle. He didn't get send off because it still can be viewed as a genuine attempt.

Balboa

It is a one game ban. We should be appealing for no ban on two counts.

1. He made a genuine attempt to win the ball
2. It’s debatable that it was still a clear goal scoring opportunity by the time the foul was actually committed

Anyone who is trying to argue that it wasn't still a clear goal scoring opportunity when the tackle was made is just arguing for partisan reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom