• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | Tuesday, January 21 | KO: 20:15 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I think Luiz gets a red for not playing the ball, it had nothing to do with Mustafi.

And even so, at the point of the foul, Mustafi is not "at" the line. He ends up there when Abraham falls to the ground, but thats after the foul has been committed.
Luiz does try to play the ball, however clumsily, and Abrahams body is not yes positioned to shoot he is facing away from goal slightly, Mustafi gets to the line on time. Whether he stops it is another matter.

We were punished three times for the one offence, the rules were supposed to have changed. For everyone else.

Last edited:

Preacher

Always Crying
EO3D0zTUcAUuwPI.jpg

Mike Riley and his cronies doing their part.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Seriously, is the club going to do something about this relentless injustice against us? I don't understand how a multi billion pound industry cannot ensure a level playing field. All of the referees and VAR ****s need to be seriously injured. Instead they'll be living safe, sound and hidden away in their anonymous addresses without a worry in the world.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Seriously, is the club going to do something about this relentless injustice against us? I don't understand how a multi billion pound industry cannot ensure a level playing field. All of the referees and VAR ****s need to be seriously injured. Instead they'll be living safe, sound and hidden away in their anonymous addresses without a worry in the world.

It’s as corrupt as it can get. Looking at the dutch eredivisie VAR is done so much better. They even release footage of important decisions and how they came to choose what they did.

Plutarch

Maybe I just imagined it, but I thought they were doing away with the whole triple punishment for giving away penalties as the last man? We went a man down, conceded from the penalty and now Luiz will be banned. That's three punishments last time I checked. Did they just change their minds on it or something?
I thought this too. I thought they'd done away with the double punishment of a penalty and a red card, and it was now just yellow. Something must have changed since then.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
That's my interpretation of the rule as well though I think Luiz was still unlucky.

He did try to play the ball but clumsily from an impossible angle.

Strangely I'm not convinced the ending off actually hurt us anyway. Up until then we seemed strangely listless. A Chelsea side with more balls and talent would have already been two up at that point.

The sending off seemed to renergise and refocus the team. Even Mustafi seemed to up his game to the point where he was broadly competent for the remainder of the 90 while Xhaka was immense at the back and won back some of the credit he lost.

As for Martinelli.... Phwoar.....

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Can't comment on the faul by Luiz since they never showed it properly and from different angle.
but it was a clear cut chance, and Mustafi being on the line doesn't change it, since Leno was not there and you can count Musti as the very last man. Had Leno be there instead of Shkodran it would be considered a clear cut chance, since there was no one there but a goalie.
so yeah, if a foul, it is a red

but, their second was clear offside, clear interfering. Leno has to adjust himself with Abraham being there which allows Azpilicueta to have an easier goal

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Auba & Luiz both straight reds in EPL matches, does that mean 3 straight EPL games or just 3 straight games in general? Our next game is the FA cup, is this Luiz' first match or is he waiting till the next match for his first suspended game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom