• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 118,488
Status
Not open for further replies.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
If you can't see that David Luiz has drastically improved since Arteta has taken over, then there's nothing I can do to help you. Enjoy the next game when he's not playing and having Mustafi likely cost us more points...again.
I've not denied that he has improved, as has everyone else (aside from Mustafi :lol:)

Still, I'm not a fan. Mustafi is even worse, I agree. Let's sign someone in the transfer window that puts them both out of the lineup and partner the new guy with Sokratis/Holding.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think Luiz done absolutely well since Arteta arrived even before Arteta arrived he was doing well. We know with Luiz there will be moments where he'll act stupid so far he didn't do it.

Reactions: roz

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
I have no idea what this forum is on sometimes.

Laying into the likes of Torreira and Ramsey in other threads yet making out like Luiz has been good for us.

:lol::lol::lol:

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
I've not denied that he has improved, as has everyone else (aside from Mustafi :lol:)

Still, I'm not a fan. Mustafi is even worse, I agree. Let's sign someone in the transfer window that puts them both out of the lineup and partner the new guy with Sokratis/Holding.

I don't rate Sokratis any higher tbh, maybe there's hope for Holding though if he shows the same form pre injury.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bin Sokratis, Mustafi and Luiz ffs. We're going nowhere with those 3.

Mistakes r us. Of course they can all play football, but here's the point . . . a CB needs to be calm in two situations:

1) when they have the ball and attackers are rushing at them (Mustafi just panics)

2) when they need to make a fair challenge under difficult circumstances in the box (all 3 of them are a complete liability here)

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I don't rate Sokratis any higher tbh, maybe there's hope for Holding though if he shows the same form pre injury.
Have to disagree there, Sokratis is a better defender. However Sokratis is only a solution until Saliba arrives in the summer anyway, at which point he is out of the lineup as well. Then we'll have the new signing partnering Saliba and perhaps Sokratis as backup.

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus

Fair enough, but to claim he's been horrible as of late is a bit rash considering he has been our best performing CB since Arteta took over. Wouldn't have been sent off today if he wasn't forced to mop up Mustafi's schoolboy error.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I can't get my head round how he has apparently become so enamoured of Arsenal in such a short time, and after playing much longer for Chelsea

it must be something in the water at the Emirates - and this guy's heart is surely more red than blue

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Because he actually cares and the club and manager seem to care for him. We are a classy club and despite our terribly run board, the culture Arsène established was one of family. One Arsenal, not individuality.

Could see that Luiz is incredibly passionate and people like that flourish when that is reciprocated. Despite how many players we have lost, most of them still bleed Arsenal.

He is a leader and seemed to be the first to jump on the Arteta bandwagon. Loves the manager and by extension the Club. We gave him a chance to continue his career and I am sure he will be forever grateful for that.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Getting tiresome with that bum Cesc trying to stay relevant and you sheep falling for it.
Come on. He played for both clubs. Surely you didn't expect him to post something along the lines of "Well done Gunners, chelsea are ****!" or vice versa.

FFS :lol:

He's trying to be diplomatic. He doesn't want to anger both sets of fans.

I'm sure both clubs hold special places in heart.

He played here for 8 years and captained us. Meanwhile he won 2 league titles with Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom