• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | Tuesday, January 21 | KO: 20:15 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Chelsea's 2nd goal should have been offside coz of Tammy interfering. VAR just checked Azpi and didn't bother about Tammy. This is getting ridiculous.
BT Sport picked that up. Something was said about Abtaham basically not interfering with play.

Last edited:

Manberg

Predator
Both Holding and Mustafi were at fault for Chelsea's 2nd, just ballwatching and not doing anything to stop Azpilicueta coming in at the near post. Arteta won't be pleased.
In the first half I saw Torreira aggressively holding Azplicueta back on corners. Clearly there's man marking tactical instructions being given. Thank **** we ditched Wenger's zonal system.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Kante’s slip is the sort of luck that we’re been missing. If we’d had that or even competent refs in the past three games we’d be 5th, and a point behind 4th.

zhaggy

I honestly thought you couldn't get a red anymore for a penalty foul unless the foul itself is worth a red. Could someone clarify?

Amazing spirit to get a point with 10 man though.

Only if the foul is deemed accidental you can get a way with the penalty only. If it´s intentional you get a red and the penalty.
At least that´s how i think it is.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I honestly thought you couldn't get a red anymore for a penalty foul unless the foul itself is worth a red. Could someone clarify?

I think you can only get a red if it is a dangerously violent tackle or if the player made no genuine attempt to win the ball but instead just took out the opponent. In this case they interpreted Luiz' actions as blatantly taking out Abraham without really trying to win the ball. (Obviously loads of bollocks)

Camus

Trusted ⭐

Go to 1:10. That tackle was judged to be a "genuine" attempt at the ball and so the defender only got a yellow card. I know it's not a PL ref but it's still an elite ref that was selected to even ref the final. Surely standards are consistent across all IFAB refs.

What is Luiz ment to do in that situation? Just let Abraham have a free shot at an empty net without making even an attempt to stop him? Madness. I could understand if it was a cynical swipe ala Guendouzi later on on Mount but Luiz clearly tries to play the ball for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom