• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

WiscoGooner8

What I Would Do For January/Summer:

JANUARY
Sign:
Boateng (6 month loan - no option to buy)

Sell:
No one (we need the numbers)

SUMMER
Sign:
Sangare (£20m)
Sane (£80m) - Look I know what you're thinking - No way! But if we sold Lacazette and got around the same price and we got in the UCL and we offered him enough, I think it could be plausible
Upamecano (£40m)
Kurzawa (free)
Olmo (£20m)
Cavani (Free)
Ndidi (£70m)

Sell:
Mustafi (£10m)
Mkhitaryan (£15m)
Elneny (£15m)
Lacazette (£80m)
Özil (£20m)
Kolasinac (£20m)
Guendouzi (£70m) - Again, Guendouzi is a very good talent but he is still raw and if we are able to get £70m for a young raw prospect who isn't a guarenteed starter, I'd do it.
Ceballos (end of loan)

Net Loss Of £0
Who is buying Lacazette for 80 and Guendo for 70? More like 40 and 30...

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Hoping villa go down and Grealish can be cheaper. He would be perfect for us. Elite mentality. Utd can have Maddison.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Wouldn't mind DCL if we can get him for cheap (he won't be though). He is doing everything that Laca should be doing for us.

Imagine actually wanting Dunk and thinking hes not overpriced
Good defender. The name, “Dunk”, doesn't sound exotic enough for you metropolitan luvvies though, does it? I distinctly remember when you tried unsuccessfully to sign Jamie Vardy. There was uproar on this forum. Someone told me that, “ the one thats making my pulse race, is Mikhitarian”! Just think about it, had you managed to sign Vardy, rather than mucking around with the likes of Lacazette, or Dunk, rather than Mustaffi, would you be a bit further forward? Mange tout, fella, mange tout!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Ake/Upamecano
Soumare/Sangare/Zakaria whoever
Grealish

If Auba/Laca leave then a wish would be Werner but dont think he'd come here

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Tried to be somewhat realistic, perhaps I've underestimated the price of some players:

Out: Laca (€50m), Mkhi (€10m), Özil (€5m), Elneny (€10m), Xhaka (€40m), Guendouzi (€45m), Ceballos, Chambers (€25m), Mavro (€5m), Kolasinac (€15m), Mustafi (€10m), Sokratis (€10m) = €225m

+ extend Auba 1 year (or alternatively sell €70m and get Dembele/Martinez)

In: (mix and match depending on what's available)
Ruben Dias (€50m) / Ake (€50m) or Lisandro Martinez (€30m)
Ben White (€15m) / Vertonghen (free)
Bogle (€10m) / Aarons (if Norwich goes down: €20m?)
Lewis (€15m if Norwich goes down?) / ??? (not Kurzawa!)
Fernandinho (free) / Camavinga (€25m)
Houssem Aouar (€50m) / Grealish (€40m) or Ziyech (€35m)
Partey (€45m) / Soumare (€30m) or Van de Beek (€50m)
LW (€~40m) -> no clue who could do it, Everton/Neres/Olmo?
=€220m

Olmo - Aubameyang - Pepe
Aouar - Partey
Torreira
Tierney - Dias - Saliba - Bellerin
Leno​

Saka - Martinelli / Eddie - Nelson
ESR - Willock
Fernandinho / AMN
Lewis - Luiz - Holding / White - Bogle
Martinez​

I don't necessarily care a lot about 'big names' but I do think we need some marquee players in the squad that will attract other good players. That's why I want us to go big on Aouar and keep Auba if at all possible (given that it's a wishlist for now I'll assume yes).

ChefMan21

Tonali (DM), Puig, Berge, and Milinkovic-Savic are my midfield. I get really excited thinking about if the first two can live up to their potential - one reminds me of Pirlo, while the other has some traits of Iniesta. What a pairing those two would make in their heyday. Puig was great in the friendly against us, I thought.

The other two are just monsters to control our midfield - like having two players the size of Vieira.

Defence wise, a cut-price Umtiti, along with Tah, would be fine for me. Upgrades on everything we have, really.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Tried to be somewhat realistic, perhaps I've underestimated the price of some players:

Out: Laca (€50m), Mkhi (€10m), Özil (€5m), Elneny (€10m), Xhaka (€40m), Guendouzi (€45m), Ceballos, Chambers (€25m), Mavro (€5m), Kolasinac (€15m), Mustafi (€10m), Sokratis (€10m) = €225m

+ extend Auba 1 year (or alternatively sell €70m and get Dembele/Martinez)

In: (mix and match depending on what's available)
Ruben Dias (€50m) / Ake (€50m) or Lisandro Martinez (€30m)
Ben White (€15m) / Vertonghen (free)
Bogle (€10m) / Aarons (if Norwich goes down: €20m?)
Lewis (€15m if Norwich goes down?) / ??? (not Kurzawa!)
Fernandinho (free) / Camavinga (€25m)
Houssem Aouar (€50m) / Grealish (€40m) or Ziyech (€35m)
Partey (€45m) / Soumare (€30m) or Van de Beek (€50m)
LW (€~40m) -> no clue who could do it, Everton/Neres/Olmo?
=€220m

Olmo - Aubameyang - Pepe
Aouar - Partey
Torreira
Tierney - Dias - Saliba - Bellerin
Leno​

Saka - Martinelli / Eddie - Nelson
ESR - Willock
Fernandinho / AMN
Lewis - Luiz - Holding / White - Bogle
Martinez​

I don't necessarily care a lot about 'big names' but I do think we need some marquee players in the squad that will attract other good players. That's why I want us to go big on Aouar and keep Auba if at all possible (given that it's a wishlist for now I'll assume yes).

That amount of change and we could write off next season as well as team tries to gel. Doubt we'll see more than 2 or 3 out with similar number in

Dutch D

That amount of change and we could write off next season as well as team tries to gel. Doubt we'll see more than 2 or 3 out with similar number in
It might be a bit much, I was trying to reduce it to 3 players for the starting eleven (excluding Saliba) to make sure that we have a somewhat consistent squad for the top4 fight. That's why I really want to keep Auba one more season.

Could perhaps cut out Partey and keep Xhaka, but I'm still too traumatized by Xhaka to let his recent turn of form convince me he must stay. If he keeps it up, it might be worthwhile to keep him one more season to make sure we have a starting squad that can, like you say, gel.

Neres - Auba - Pepe
Aouar - Xhaka
Torreira
Tierney - Luiz - Dias - Bellerin
Leno
+ Fernandinho for cover and Bogle + White as talented championship buys for cover. Could live with that.

Impact

Established Member
It might be a bit much, I was trying to reduce it to 3 players for the starting eleven (excluding Saliba) to make sure that we have a somewhat consistent squad for the top4 fight. That's why I really want to keep Auba one more season.

Could perhaps cut out Partey and keep Xhaka, but I'm still too traumatized by Xhaka to let his recent turn of form convince me he must stay. If he keeps it up, it might be worthwhile to keep him one more season to make sure we have a starting squad that can, like you say, gel.

Neres - Auba - Pepe
Aouar - Xhaka
Torreira
Tierney - Luiz - Dias - Bellerin
Leno
+ Fernandinho for cover and Bogle + White as talented championship buys for cover. Could live with that.

Neres is not good enough. What do you see in him?

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I want Traore! He is literally what Mane was at Southampton and he is going to explode and tear the league apart and I don't want it happening with Wolves.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I want Traore! He is literally what Mane was at Southampton and he is going to explode and tear the league apart and I don't want it happening with Wolves.

Same here but paying big bucks for a winger just doesnt seem on the cards. Arteta should focus on getting the best out of Pepe/Martinelli since those guys have plenty of talent and are still young.

You are right, though. Whichever big club moves for Traore, he’s bound to explode.

Dutch D

Neres is not good enough. What do you see in him?
Honestly, not sure if he's good enough either, but I can't think of a pure LW I would want. Could also have put Everton there.

I do think there is an extra gear in Neres though. He played quite well in the Champions League last season, but has been displaced by Promes this season. In my previous post I put Olmo but he's technically not a winger. Could play there as far as I know though.

Top Bottom