• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos

Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Bummed about this, still think he could come out good. Had the misfortune of only playing for Emery who made Torreira and Xhaka look significantly worse.

No reason to think he wouldn't improve under Arteta, but it seems Mikel doesn't rate him, which is I shame. I trust him if that's the case but still hoping it has more to do with Ceballos coming back from injury rather than freezing him out.

He didn't improve under Zidane so why would he improve under Arteta?

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
He didn't improve under Zidane so why would he improve under Arteta?
Because our midfield went from relegation tier to actually looking decent with the managerial change? You have to be insane to write off a 23 yo playing under Emery's last 6 months, specially one as talented as him.

How is Zidane even relevant here? Did Modric and Kroos went from plodders to WC with Zidane's appointment? He also barely played under him come on :lol:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Because our midfield went from relegation tier to actually looking decent with the managerial change? You have to be insane to write off a 23 yo playing under Emery's last 6 months, specially one as talented as him.

How is Zidane even relevant here? Did Modric and Kroos went from plodders to WC with Zidane's appointment? He also barely played under him come on :lol:

He never wanted to stay anyway, once his loan was over he was always going back.

Arteta has to focus on the future, yeah Ceballos added depth but like many are saying; the season is pretty much a write off, we cant go out and buy multiple CM's in the summer so Arteta needs to prioritise the players who will be here next season, give Guendouzi the minutes in the system to develop or give AMN a shot in CM he at least deserves after covering RB for us.

I'd even prefer too see Joe Willock there, my point being Ceballos never had a long term future here because 1. He didnt want it and 2. He's done nothing to suggest we go drop 30mil+ on him in the summer.

Lets not continue to develop Ceballos for him to go slot into Madrid's midfield next year or for Madrid to sell him to someone else, I'd be happy for him to go back this window and Arteta put his focus on players under contract.

This is also where we should be developing our own players and also giving them a bit of a shop window, I'll use Willock as an example, 'IF' he is not too make it here you still need to somewhat 'package' him up and put a shiny bow on him like we did Iwobi, give him the minutes, experience and shop window so we can shift our own players for money instead of letting Real Madrid use you to shop window one their own to sell as we all know Zidane doesnt rate him anyway.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
So you think he'll improve under Arteta, who doesn't rate him himself?
Based on the circumstantial evidence , yeah, I thought he would improve. Apparently Arteta doesn't rate him so of course that's not happening now.

He never wanted to stay anyway, once his loan was over he was always going back.

Arteta has to focus on the future, yeah Ceballos added depth but like many are saying; the season is pretty much a write off, we cant go out and buy multiple CM's in the summer so Arteta needs to prioritise the players who will be here next season, give Guendouzi the minutes in the system to develop or give AMN a shot in CM he at least deserves after covering RB for us.

I'd even prefer too see Joe Willock there, my point being Ceballos never had a long term future here because 1. He didnt want it and 2. He's done nothing to suggest we go drop 30mil+ on him in the summer.

Lets not continue to develop Ceballos for him to go slot into Madrid's midfield next year or for Madrid to sell him to someone else, I'd be happy for him to go back this window and Arteta put his focus on players under contract.

This is also where we should be developing our own players and also giving them a bit of a shop window, I'll use Willock as an example, 'IF' he is not too make it here you still need to somewhat 'package' him up and put a shiny bow on him like we did Iwobi, give him the minutes, experience and shop window so we can shift our own players for money instead of letting Real Madrid use you to shop window one their own to sell as we all know Zidane doesnt rate him anyway.
He was ours if we wanted him IMO.
Real rarely takes back loanees, he would've needed a monster season for that, a purple patch on the back of the season probably wouldn't have been enough. There's also no way he comes back if Zidane stays, they hate each other's guts.
But maybe you're right and Arteta had a 1 on 1 with him and Ceballos told him he was going back to Real one way or another.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Based on the circumstantial evidence , yeah, I thought he would improve. Apparently Arteta doesn't rate him so of course that's not happening now.

He was ours if we wanted him IMO.
Real rarely takes back loanees, he would've needed a monster season for that, a purple patch on the back of the season probably wouldn't have been enough. There's also no way he comes back if Zidane stays, they hate each other's guts.
But maybe you're right and Arteta had a 1 on 1 with him and Ceballos told him he was going back to Real one way or another.

Lets say Ceballos was great for us, had a decent season and we then want to keep him, 100% Real Madrid would then take the piss, a cast off with no future for them but would still demand an over the top fee after we brought him back to life with time and effort whilst they did nothing and I bet they would also shop him all round Europe before agreeing to sell.

I get why we loaned Ceballos as it was a simple solution but this is what happens when you loan players from clubs bigger and better than you, you're just doing their work and eventually they will profit or benefit from it.

m-due

He hasn’t played since his injury two months ago and just made the bench in our last few games. I’m sure Arteta will utilize him if he remains fit and ready. There are so many players that we thought they would be frozen under Arteta and the opposite happened. This sounds like Ceballos camp pushing for another loan. It’s January and we can’t use the excuse of us having to develop a player for another team. We were happy to have him in our ranks just last summer.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
He hasn’t played since his injury two months ago and just made the bench in our last few games. I’m sure Arteta will utilize him if he remains fit and ready. There are so many players that we thought they would be frozen under Arteta and the opposite happened. This sounds like Ceballos camp pushing for another loan. It’s January and we can’t use the excuse of us having to develop a player for another team. We were happy to have him in our ranks just last summer.

That was before the season went too s*** and everyone had hope that he would do something. Its January and hes had 1 decent game for us.

Our current first team are struggling with the fitness Arteta's system requires, I just cant see how Ceballos is going to get upto the fitness required by Arteta after such a long lay off and then pick up consistent form, I'd rather we use our own players and get them used to the requirements so they are ready for next season.

m-due

That was before the season went too s*** and everyone had hope that he would do something. Its January and hes had 1 decent game for us.

Our current first team are struggling with the fitness Arteta's system requires, I just cant see how Ceballos is going to get upto the fitness required by Arteta after such a long lay off and then pick up consistent form, I'd rather we use our own players and get them used to the requirements so they are ready for next season.

I agree as Arteta’s wasn’t forthcoming when the question of Ceballos came up last week. Part of me wanted to see how he would play under Arteta. We will see how this pans out a week from now.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I agree as Arteta’s wasn’t forthcoming when the question of Ceballos came up last week. Part of me wanted to see how he would play under Arteta. We will see how this pans out a week from now.

I think his tweet and the rumours if true have said it all, there is just no point in having him around if he doesnt even want to give it a go til June.

To be honest I cant see how he has done himself or his career any favours, this has got too annoy Madrid as well surely, you send a player out on loan and after returning from injury they wont even stick it out for another 6months, it means restarting the whole process; settling, finding fitness/form etc and for Madrid to find you a new club when it is debatable if they even want you anyway :lol:

Shows questionable attitude and I wouldnt be surprised to see him sign for Celta Vigo or Betis etc in the summer
after Madrid give up on him.

m-due

I think his tweet and the rumours if true have said it all, there is just no point in having him around if he doesnt even want to give it a go til June.

To be honest I cant see how he has done himself or his career any favours, this has got too annoy Madrid as well surely, you send a player out on loan and after returning from injury they wont even stick it out for another 6months, it means restarting the whole process; settling, finding fitness/form etc and for Madrid to find you a new club when it is debatable if they even want you anyway :lol:

Shows questionable attitude and I wouldnt be surprised to see him sign for Celta Vigo or Betis etc in the summer
after Madrid give up on him.

His attitude and the way he integrated to the team was top notch too smh. He will probably go on couple of more loans before Real make a decision on him for good.

Goonger

Disappointed on how this has turned out. Really wanted to see what he could do under Arteta's coaching as well. The lad looked a real baller in those opening games, Emery had him all over the place as well.

Means another body down in the middle of the park for the 2nd half of the season, which isn't great. Saying that, we probably need a more combative player as cover for Torreira first as Guendouzi is more suited to cover for Xhaka i would say.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not ideal but I’m not too worried about replacing a player that’s been out since November.

Balboa

Meh, don't care at all and I think the loan experiment of taking Madrid & Barca cast offs needs to end.

They are massively out of form after barely featuring for their own clubs and then have to try find form in a new league, new setting & system when they dont really want too stay anyway, waste of time in my opinion.

Wonder if this winter weather has hurt his feelings?

Loans in general are a waste of time, money and effort. They may be low risk, but they offer almost no reward. So few in the PL have a good impact. Until that changes, they shouldn't be part of the strategy....

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
It's just odd because the club put so much effort into getting him ahead of Sp**s, only for it to pan out like this. Emery's use of the player didn't help.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Loans without an option to buy are the worst really, complete waste of everyone's time 99% of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom