• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 4th Round: AFC Bournemouth v Arsenal | Monday, January 27 | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Absolutely love this competition, have such a great history in it too...and with the amount of times we have won it, there is a good chance this was your first trophy as an Arsenal fan, which is something you never forget...

c9a7c3792265a1b537d503908cea86c4.jpg

article-2322280-00003EC500000CB2-798_634x448.jpg

article-2522507-000D2DE200000258-391_634x321.jpg

o-ARSENAL-2005-FA-CUP-900.jpg

FA-Cup-Final-2015.jpg

Also, it's basically dad's trophy too...

004FD9D900000258-3391519-image-a-34_1452336887231.jpg

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
My order of preference for trophies Arsenal can win goes...

1. Champions League/Premier League
2. Europa League/FA Cup
3. Community Shield/European Super Cup/etc.
4. League Cup

...want us to win the FA Cup every year, at the least give it the respect it deserves.

Jae

My order of preference for trophies Arsenal can win goes...

1. Champions League/Premier League
2. Europa League/FA Cup
3. Community Shield/European Super Cup/etc.
4. League Cup

...want us to win the FA Cup every year, at the least give it the respect it deserves.

Nah, Community Shield or nothing mate. Everything else is a Mickey Mouse Cup.

Finesse

Arteta is trying to build a momentum and spirit. Performance and results are key to this. He wants to eradicate the fragility in the team in terms of mentality. A loss always brings Arsenal players crashing and he wants to avoid any loss no matter the competition. He will play a full team and win the game. If at home against Leeds he played a strong team , what more of Bournemouth away? Besides any weakened team against Leeds would have been **** considering how well they played. Enough of this resting talk. We have lots of injured players and any injured player provides an opportunity for a next Saka or Martinelli. Keep the shape and structure to build coherence.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Arteta is trying to build a momentum and spirit. Performance and results are key to this. He wants to eradicate the fragility in the team in terms of mentality. A loss always brings Arsenal players crashing and he wants to avoid any loss no matter the competition. He will play a full team and win the game. If at home against Leeds he played a strong team , what more of Bournemouth away? Besides any weakened team against Leeds would have been **** considering how well they played. Enough of this resting talk. We have lots of injured players and any injured player provides an opportunity for a next Saka or Martinelli. Keep the shape and structure to build coherence.

and Arteta actually lifted the cup for Arsenal in 2015, although he was unable to play in the final, so it must mean something to him

and apart from the boost a cup run gives the players and manager, the fans love going to Wembley, and ours deserve a good day out more than most

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Think the FA Cup is only as good as the teams you play in. 2o15 win was pretty forgettable bar the United win. 2017 was top since beating Peps City and then the Champions Chelsea at Wembley is as hard as it gets, not to mention both were late wins.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

play the C team and move on. win or lose. no player comes to a top EPL club saying "Gee, I really want to win the FA cup". Thing has zero merit. Maybe for the smaller clubs incl lower divisions but honestly, who cares?

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Think the FA Cup is only as good as the teams you play in. 2o15 win was pretty forgettable bar the United win. 2017 was top since beating Peps City and then the Champions Chelsea at Wembley is as hard as it gets, not to mention both were late wins.

How about the 2014 run? Faced much stronger teams in the earlier rounds

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
play the C team and move on. win or lose. no player comes to a top EPL club saying "Gee, I really want to win the FA cup". Thing has zero merit. Maybe for the smaller clubs incl lower divisions but honestly, who cares?

You say that but then of the last 30 finals only 2-3 teams outside the top 6 clubs have actually won it.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Love the FA cup. Definitely to do with the fond memories of winning it so often.

The league is pretty much over for us unless we somehow find ourselves fighting for 4th place or battling against relegation. Both of those seem equally unlikely. So I would focus all our energy on the 2 cups we can still win if we get our act together.

Arteta will play a strong team and I agree with him.

Martinez

AMN Mustafi Holding Saka

Guendouzi Xhaka

Pepe Özil Martinelli

Lacazette​

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
People slept on our 2017 FA Cup win. To beat Citeh in the semis and then Chelski (who we’re champions) in the final is a monumental achievement.

FA Cup final day is always a beautiful buzz. This is the best thing Arteta won in his career and I believe his fondness of the competition will reflect in his selection. Bar a couple of changes we should go strong;

Martinez
AMN Sokratis Mustafi Saka
Xhaka Torreira
Pepe Özil Martinelli
Lacazette

If we can grab some early goals, rest the big hitters. Get Guen on for Torreira, Ceballos on for Özil and if Nelson is fit, get him on for either Laca or Martinelli.

Really not sure what sort of team Bournemouth are gonna pick, they’ve got one or two back from injury who they’ll need to protect in their bid to stay up.

Going for a 0-2. Goals from Xhaka and Martinelli. COYG!!

Pepes blue pill

People slept on our 2017 FA Cup win. To beat Citeh in the semis and then Chelski (who we’re champions) in the final is a monumental achievement.

FA Cup final day is always a beautiful buzz. This is the best thing Arteta won in his career and I believe his fondness of the competition will reflect in his selection. Bar a couple of changes we should go strong;

Martinez
AMN Sokratis Mustafi Saka
Xhaka Torreira
Pepe Özil Martinelli
Lacazette

If we can grab some early goals, rest the big hitters. Get Guen on for Torreira, Ceballos on for Özil and if Nelson is fit, get him on for either Laca or Martinelli.

Really not sure what sort of team Bournemouth are gonna pick, they’ve got one or two back from injury who they’ll need to protect in their bid to stay up.

Going for a 0-2. Goals from Xhaka and Martinelli. COYG!!

Think howe always rotates in the cups, with their next game being villa I cant see them playing their strongest side here

Make

Player:Ødegaard
Surely, I think that our XI will be:
Martinez
AMN Sokratis Holding Saka
Xhaka Guendouzi
Pepe Özil Martinelli
Lacazette

1-0 at half-time but at the end of the game 1-2 to the Arsenal.
Come on Arsenal!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom