• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Arteta is working with very average players. This is what he has to do to get the best out of them.

It is quite telling that Arteta used the word sacrificed. Also he noted that Laca is running out of energy because he is doing extra work. Which hints again that Laca is following Arteta's instructions and why keeps dropping so deep.

Still not sure this role suits him. It could be temporary though, Arteta clearly wanted to fix our broken defensive organisation. Which he has improved a lot. Maybe now he will look to improve our creativity and attack in general. Little positive steps so far.

It is quite telling that Arteta used the word sacrificed. Also he noted that Laca is running out of energy because he is doing extra work. Which hints again that Laca is following Arteta's instructions and why keeps dropping so deep.

Still not sure this role suits him. It could be temporary though, Arteta clearly wanted to fix our broken defensive organisation. Which he has improved a lot. Maybe now he will look to improve our creativity and attack in general. Little positive steps so far.

Arteta is just doing what manager should be doing, big up his players in the press and trying to get their confidence up again.

Working hard with close to no energy conservation during the game is not going to cut it for Lacazette. I have always had my suspicions about his stamina and I don't think it is his game. He just don't have much energy for the attack after all the work he does defensively.

I remember instance when Özil won the ball and all Laca fans were like ,,yeah Laca couldn't believe Özil won the ball so he didn't make the run'' when Laca refused to run after the pass Özil made to him. I think the truth is more that Laca simple didn't have the energy for it anymore at that point in the game.

We will see soon enough what the problem really is. People are telling me that we are going to get the best from Pepe from now on and if he can start creating some chances we can see more clearly where Laca is and what his efforts in the box will be.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Arteta is just doing what manager should be doing, big up his players in the press and trying to get their confidence up again.

Working hard with close to no energy conservation during the game is not going to cut it for Lacazette. I have always had my suspicions about his stamina and I don't think it is his game. He just don't have much energy for the attack after all the work he does defensively.

I remember instance when Özil won the ball and all Laca fans were like ,,yeah Laca couldn't believe Özil won the ball so he didn't make the run'' when Laca refused to run after the pass Özil made to him. I think the truth is more that Laca simple didn't have the energy for it anymore at that point in the game.

We will see soon enough what the problem really is. People are telling me that we are going to get the best from Pepe from now on and if he can start creating some chances we can see more clearly where Laca is and what his efforts in the box will be.

Yes we will see soon enough. When we manage to get a coherent attack going. Laca might still not be good enough but at least then he would have got a fair chance. Right now he is spending 80% of his time and energy chasing down opposition's CM's. Our next game is against Bournemouth. When we played them earlier it is the only game in Arteta's reign so far that we created numerous chances in both halves. Laca missed easy chances. That is the one game where you could really criticise him as he got enough opportunities to score a goal. We need to be able to create that amount of chances regularly then we can make a proper judgement about his finishing.

I was in the premier league matchday thread earlier. Firmino scored a great goal. Straight away a few posters brought up Laca. Forgetting that about 2 min before Firmino scored he had a 1 on 1 against their GK. Ten minutes before that he had another decent chance well inside the penalty area. Not trying to compare them but that is usually how your forwards score goals. They get a few opportunities but usually then take one of them. You can't expect them to get 1 chance and score all the time. If Liverpool created just one chance for him it is most likely he wouldn't have scored. Somehow we are expecting Laca to score from the one chance he gets a game.

Anyway I would like to try Martinelli through the middle to see if he can hold up the ball aswell. It is a more difficult job than people think. Give Laca a rest.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just remember that it took Wenger and Co. 5 years to replace Giroud, took them 4 month after splurging 60mil on this guy before they decided they needed a new guy.

Tbf Auba was bought to replace Sanchez not upgrade on Lacazette. Had Sanchez signed a new contract I don’t think the club would’ve made that move.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I was in the premier league matchday thread earlier. Firmino scored a great goal. Straight away a few posters brought up Laca. Forgetting that about 2 min before Firmino scored he had a 1 on 1 against their GK. Ten minutes before that he had another decent chance well inside the penalty area. Not trying to compare them but that is usually how your forwards score goals. They get a few opportunities but usually then take one of them. You can't expect them to get 1 chance and score all the time. If Liverpool created just one chance for him it is most likely he wouldn't have scored. Somehow we are expecting Laca to score from the one chance he gets a game.

Lacazette makes it difficult to create chances for, he never makes a run into the box and his movement/positioning as a striker is very poor. When Auba plays he also misses a lot of chances but that's because he gets in good goal scoring positions.

Lacazette is nowhere near Firminiho, he'd struggle to keep up with this Liverpool team. People need to stop comparing them.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Lacazette makes it difficult to create chances for, he never makes a run into the box and his movement/positioning as a striker is very poor. When Auba plays he also misses a lot of chances but that's because he gets in good goal scoring positions.

Lacazette is nowhere near Firminiho, he'd struggle to keep up with this Liverpool team. People need to stop comparing them.

The most annoying thing is that people go on about his work rate, but if he was truly a hard-worker he would've kept himself onside for that Pepe pass, he would have cleared or got in the way of that cross which led to the Chelsea goal, he would have made a better pass to Pepe or would have bothered to look around to see Martinelli running on the left instead of playing a pathetic pass straight to a Chelsea player. Three instances in one game. In 2 of them we could have had a scoring chance, the other could have prevented Chelsea scoring. These are costly mistakes. Then look back on the games vs Bournemouth, Chelsea at home, Palace more missed chances and messing up counter-attacking situations. It's just not good enough. Most of these would be forgiven if he was scoring, I mean Auba has a tendency to miss-place passes to be but he usually still manages to score. Laca isn't even doing that. That's what's frustrating about him.

Thankfully Martinelli is gonna make it difficult for Arteta to drop him, so once Auba is back I can't see much reason for Laca to still be starting.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The most annoying thing is that people go on about his work rate, but if he was truly a hard-worker he would've kept himself onside for that Pepe pass, he would have cleared or got in the way of that cross which led to the Chelsea goal, he would have made a better pass to Pepe or would have bothered to look around to see Martinelli running on the left instead of playing a pathetic pass straight to a Chelsea player. Three instances in one game. In 2 of them we could have had a scoring chance, the other could have prevented Chelsea scoring. These are costly mistakes. Then look back on the games vs Bournemouth, Chelsea at home, Palace more missed chances and messing up counter-attacking situations. It's just not good enough. Most of these would be forgiven if he was scoring, I mean Auba has a tendency to miss-place passes to be but he usually still manages to score. Laca isn't even doing that. That's what's frustrating about him.

Thankfully Martinelli is gonna make it difficult for Arteta to drop him, so once Auba is back I can't see much reason for Laca to still be starting.

I actually think a lot of people are like ostriches with their heads in the sand when it comes to Lacazette. Like it's evident he isn't good enough but they make 101 excuses for him, same thing happend with Özil. When we buy players for a big price people cut them a lot of slack because they don't want to think it was a waste. Lacazette is on a decline now as well so it's only gonna get worse.

Also 'working hard' is a way to praise a player for not being good at anything but running around, I'd rather someone who preserved their energy like Auba.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

That was criminal. It was infuriating. I can't stand attacking players with no ****ing vision.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I actually think a lot of people are like ostriches with their heads in the sand when it comes to Lacazette. Like it's evident he isn't good enough but they make 101 excuses for him, same thing happend with Özil. When we buy players for a big price people cut them a lot of slack because they don't want to think it was a waste. Lacazette is on a decline now as well so it's only gonna get worse.

Also 'working hard' is a way to praise a player for not being good at anything but running around, I'd rather someone who preserved their energy like Auba.
I was defending him from day one but there's nothing to defend now and there is no excuse for not starting Martinelli ahead of him.
There was a time where people would be too critical on him but he did win us a lot of points with some quality individual performances, but it's not happening anymore. If the only argument in his favour is hard work then drop him now because nobody can match Martinelli when it comes to that.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I actually think a lot of people are like ostriches with their heads in the sand when it comes to Lacazette. Like it's evident he isn't good enough but they make 101 excuses for him..

Isn't good enough for what? This season we have Martinelli coming up so at least we have an option. Did you see the state of our team last year. All the defenders were a shambles, Xhaka was hopeless, Torreira lost form. Only Auba and Leno (also Ramsey but he couldn't stay fit) were regularly contributing more than Lacazette. Yet you and few others would come on his thread to bash him. I know you never really rated the guy, but based on what we were seeing on the pitch it was hard to see how Lacazette wasn't good enough for us when we had 8 or 9 players on the pitch who were worse than him. I could understand if you said lets upgrade on those and then also on Laca.

Everything was exaggerated. Reading this thread last season you would be forgiven for thinking he couldn't hit a barn door. Yet from 49 appearances he got 19 goals and 13 assists. If that wasn't good enough then I'm not sure if the bar was set at the correct height.

This season he has struggled a bit (I also think since Arteta arrived he slightly changed his role in the team, he plays deeper than I have ever seen play for us). And consequently most people have acknowledged that without going into hyberpole. I wanted to try out Martinelli at CF for a while now. I'm not a fan of any player in particular. I'm willing to change my backing for a player if what I see on the pitch isn't satisfactory.

pacstud

Would be foolish at this point to not let Arteta etal see if Lacazette can rediscover some confidence and form.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Reading this thread it’s as if Lacazette isn’t one of the best players at the club :lol:

Deary me

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Be very interesting to see what Mikel does when Auba is back, as style of play wise, I really don't think Arteta will like him up front in this team...interesting times ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom