• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The only reason he's didn't play that much for us is because he has contract with RM, not us. He is twice the player Douzi is currently but somehow Douzi got much more game time, which indicates that the problem is not his quality, it's his contract.
The guy is 21 or something and looks better than all of our youngsters except for Martinelli, but in the end, he was completely ignored by managers.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Was he though? He showed some hustle and won the ball for Auba but that goal was entirely created by Auba. We were so desperate to have a good player that we built him into something that he isn't.

Either revisionist history, or you didn't watch the game and just looked at the highlights. That goal wasn't the reason why Ceballos received plaudits for that game. His technique and involvement in build-up play was spectacular, he was constantly beating Burnley's press by approaching the defenders and collecting the ball.

I was, and still am, surprised that his follow-up performances were so lacklustre, considering how brilliant he was in that game.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Either revisionist history, or you didn't watch the game and just looked at the highlights. That goal wasn't the reason why Ceballos received plaudits for that game. His technique and involvement in build-up play was spectacular, he was constantly beating Burnley's press by approaching the defenders and collecting the ball.

I was, and still am, surprised that his follow-up performances were so lacklustre, considering how brilliant he was in that game.
Burnley aren't a top team though, the immediate next match against Liverpool he lost the ball. Decent at retaining the ball, but good for not much else.

AndStill

Fair enough, Arteta doesn’t rate him enough to gift him a place. Let’s see if he wants to stay and fight or go elsewhere.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Burnley aren't a top team though, the immediate next match against Liverpool he lost the ball. Decent at retaining the ball, but good for not much else.

You are moving the goalposts. You disputed the notion that Ceballos was great against Burnley and I responded to that.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Apart from his debut, whenever I’ve seen him I’ve not seen anything to suggest that he should be starting ahead of anybody.

Well, apart from a half dead Özil, and he gives us a decent 40-60 mins nowadays. I myself would also start Zombie Özil over this guy as well tbh. He may as well go sit on Madrid’s bench before his inevitable move to Celta Vigo or something.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
I thought he looked decent away at Watford as well? Didn't our collapse come after he, and possibly one other, had been subbed. God, that day was rough.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Suspect he'll still find his chances limited with Arteta looking at who he can rely on for next season.

You compare it to the two new loan signings who will be busting a gut to earn the permanent move here whereas Dani has already said he wants a Madrid return in the summer.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
There's actually a lot of U-tournament standout performers who didn't kick on. Thing is: Guy's deadset a dlp but has been played higher up in all his Arsenal games and when deployed deeper he was too much of a ballhugger with lots of useless turns and twists trying to make ground, but when you saw him at that U21 that's exactly what he's not. He's not a Cazorla style central mid, he's actually more of a Xhaka type with better feet. Rather disappointed by him, but then again maybe he's just not that good.

This stuff also points to the imbalane in central midfield: There's basically two dlps in Xhaka and Ceballos, one ballwinner in Torreira and with Guendouzi one guy who isn't anything at the moment plus Willock who "was" a B2B but who's confidence has been shot, and so basically no B2B at all.

Tbh honest the last really good balanced midfield duo was Ramsey and Arteta. Both could pass and break lines either via movement or passing, Aaron's off the ball movement is sublime, Arteta could read the game, it wasn't easy to target just one of them. With Cazorla Couelin - as good as it looked and worked most of the time, I guess - it was at times stupidly easy for opponents to target Cazorla cause Francis was so limited on the ball.

If you don't want to swap the whole midfield you need to play with a 3 I'd say. None of the midfielders at the club right now are complete enough for a double pivot in a side that wants to have the ball and play technical footie.

What about Diaby-Cazorla :trophy::(

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
EP7-iVNXkAEJPn6

the kind of trim you'd expect @OnlyOne to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom