• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonger

Forget the name for a minute, on paper he ticks a lot of boxes.

Left footed so brings balance. Good height. Adept at playing in a high line. Organiser. Leader. Good age profile (many wish listed a defender between 23 & 28). The manager knows him. Currently playing to a high level (so not on the decline like a Boatang). Obtainable in January. Very reasonable fee, doesn't block any potential summer signings. Could offer good balance to Saliba.

Unfortunately though, it's not a sexy name and didn't cost £30M+ so most fans will have him written off already.

Goonger

Is Saliba right or left sided, I assume right? Two 6ft3/6ft4 CB's at the carpet at once?! Pinch me.

Right sided. He actually played a few games at right back in his early St Etienne games. That's why it could offer great balance, with the athleticism Saliba has.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Forget the name for a minute, on paper he ticks a lot of boxes.

Left footed so brings balance. Good height. Adept at playing in a high line. Organiser. Leader. Good age profile (many wish listed a defender between 23 & 28). The manager knows him. Currently playing to a high level (so not on the decline like a Boatang). Obtainable in January. Very reasonable fee, doesn't block any potential summer signings. Could offer good balance to Saliba.

Unfortunately though, it's not a sexy name and didn't cost £30M+ so most fans will have him written off already.

Au contraire, I think Pablo Mari is a very exotic name to be honest. ;)

Seriously though, at least we're trying to make a clever signing, Boateng seems like the easy but uninspiring option as a CB in rapid decline. Whereas Pablo Mari hasn't even reached his prime as a defender yet.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Looks ok to me! Any CB who can join now and get selected ahead of Mustafi has to be a good thing. I have no idea what he costs and I don't care.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
City actually bought him a few years ago but he never played for them. They loaned him out two straight years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom