• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why cant we identify the defender we really want and wait for him like Liverpool did with Van Djik?

We are signing absolute dross. Sokratis, Luiz, this guy. Its a business model you see from Everton and West Ham. And these guys are not leaving. You cant force them out later. They are living the dream.

But anyway hope its Martinelli of defenders.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

**** knows. They’re also looking to buy a CB for €6.5m so you’d think they were getting money or some guarantee of money.

Weirdly a lot of fans seem to think he'll come in and start, for me this is literally a you're only here because we need another CB. I don't see him being a first teamer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Brazilian league start either in march or April so loan deal would make no sense to me. All Brazilian media reported that ww buying him for 9m euros nobody said loan

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Oh no a guy on a footy forum with a big buff wrestler as an avatar thinks I'm a loser, how will I cope.

Sometimes I forget you guys aren't from London and from those weird lil towns in the midlands/up north so you can't help but be corny. So saying things like 'it's always a pleasure to have shaggers at the Arsenal' is normal and you don't get ridiculed.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Weirdly a lot of fans seem to think he'll come in and start, for me this is literally a you're only here because we need another CB. I don't see him being a first teamer.

Hard to say. They seem to have been targeting left footers so that might be an indication they want to get him in the team for some balance. He’s only up against Sokratis or Luiz who are mostly average so he won’t have to do much to win a starting place. It’s the winter break after next weekends match so he’ll have three weeks of training to settle in and get match while and Arteta will have plenty of time to assess him.

Keplaz

I don't understand people getting triggered by this signing.
They complain that Mustafi should be nowhere near our starting 11. OK.
They complain that Sokratis is bad, "Sokrapis" I've seen him called. OK.
Holding is recovering from a serious injury. OK.
Chambers is out for the season. OK.
Who do you want to play in that position with Luiz, if we don't sign someone?
Van Dijks are rarely available in January. Liverpool had tapped him up before, so the groundwork was already done.
We need a defender. I've seen people say anyone but Mustafi. Edu read your posts and gets Mari. Mari is definitely not Mustafi, but it's still not good enough.
We have no options right now. And we need a new defender even if a stop gap. I think this makes sense.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Sometimes I forget you guys aren't from London and from those weird lil towns in the midlands/up north so you can't help but be corny. So saying things like 'it's always a pleasure to have shaggers at the Arsenal' is normal and you don't get ridiculed.

Why you so wound up? Let me be you f*cking freak.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
We are signing absolute dross. Sokratis, Luiz, this guy. Its a business model you see from Everton and West Ham. And these guys are not leaving. You cant force them out later. They are living the dream.
Mustafi, Sokratis and Luiz have contracts that expire in 2021. It's not unlikely that two of them, or even all three could go in the summer. Joorabchian will probably help shipping the latter for a decent fee as well.

Long-term a new signing like Upamecano along with Saliba, Mari and Holding are probably in Arteta's plans. Maybe Mavropanos in place of Holding if he shows something on loan.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Does anyone think he will displace Luiz or Sokratis? I don‘t see it, he‘s a replacement for Chambers which is alright I suppose, but not what we needed to improve the first team.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I respect Tim Vickery and his opinions on South American football a lot and he rates him. Edu and Mikel are obviously happy so that's good enough for me. A lot of central defenders don't reach their prime until 25-26 so I'm not concerned about his earlier career.

Our whole central defence needs rebuilding, we have 6 players at the moment and everyone of them has weaknesses and are replaceable. In all honesty I would keep one of Luiz or Sokratis for experience, one of Holding or Chambers for home grown and the rest can go.

Starting next season with Saliba, Luiz, Mari, Holding and Medley as 5th choice looks pretty decent. Go big on a long term partner for Saliba the following summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom