• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone think he will displace Luiz or Sokratis? I don‘t see it, he‘s a replacement for Chambers which is alright I suppose, but not what we needed to improve the first team.

Probably just to ensure Mustafi doesn't step onto a football pitch if one of them go down but who knows. We're crying out for an actual left-sided CB in any case.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We don't have any decent backup holding look can't back to his decent form mustafi is disaster. Even our starters aren't that good

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Seems like a low risk gamble. If he gets a chance and impresses, then the £7m to sign him could seem like a total bargain. If it doesn't work out then he goes back and we sign our main target in the summer anyway (whoever that is).

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Wonder how the club settled on him, would be a very good scouting job if he actually pans out.

He’s only really played two seasons in a top flight league and those are Holland and Brazil. He’s played a lot of second flight football it seems.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Wonder how the club settled on him, would be a very good scouting job if he actually pans out.

He’s only really played two seasons in a top flight league and those are Holland and Brazil. He’s played a lot of second flight football it seems.

I liked the sound of that other guy from Shakhtar, I'd say maybe we're going for both but not sure now.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Why cant we identify the defender we really want and wait for him like Liverpool did with Van Djik?

We are signing absolute dross. Sokratis, Luiz, this guy. Its a business model you see from Everton and West Ham. And these guys are not leaving. You cant force them out later. They are living the dream.

But anyway hope its Martinelli of defenders.

You mean like the approach we took for Saliba..

Kysus

To be fair Kos le boss played in ligue 2 until 25 or something as well.
Luiz + this guy could form a good partnership for the next 2 years which will give us time to implement Saliba.
Chambers and Holding still young enough to make it as well.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Does anyone think he will displace Luiz or Sokratis? I don‘t see it, he‘s a replacement for Chambers which is alright I suppose, but not what we needed to improve the first team.

How the hell would anybody know? Unless you've watched Copa Libertadores, you've probably never seen him play (I have, but I'm not a scout, nor do I pretend to be one on the internet). So it's really pointless for any of us to pretend that we have any idea. Tim Vickery rates him highly enough to have said he thinks City may have made a mistake in letting him go. Arteta would be familiar with him. Arsenal has scouts. We just need to trust they are onto something here and hope for the best.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
How the hell would anybody know? Unless you've watched Copa Libertadores, you've probably never seen him play (I have, but I'm not a scout, nor do I pretend to be one on the internet). So it's really pointless for any of us to pretend that we have any idea. Tim Vickery rates him highly enough to have said he thinks City may have made a mistake in letting him go. Arteta would be familiar with him. Arsenal has scouts. We just need to trust they are onto something here and hope for the best.
Where did I say that I don‘t hope for the best? That‘s pointless, I made a question which is important because we need to improve the first team quality. If he’s able to improve on Sokratis/Luiz (which really isn’t that high of a level) then we‘ve done a good job. But it‘s more likely that he won‘t be, considering his career so far and he‘s going to sit on the bench a lot unless the duo get injured.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

EPIcem3WAAEgaxs

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Only sucks about this if it's loan deal he'll need few weeks to get to full sharpness that mean he'll only be available for few games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom