• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

What exactly was his impact? I always hear about it and all people ever say is how he told them to stop eating mars bars.
Lol

I like your posts but on this occasion you’re trying too hard.

Wenger is the reason why most of the “top 6” are foreign managers (like Klopp) for a start. Could go on and on.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You have to be 16/17 years of age at most

All people ever say? Apart from to the mirror just who are you talking to...

Lol

I like your posts but on this occasion you’re trying too hard.

Wenger is the reason why most of the “top 6” are foreign managers (like Klopp) for a start. Could go on and on.

I though that Mars Bars joke was fairly innocuous. Can't believe it got under peoples skin like that :lol:

roz

Fake News Merchant
I though that Mars Bars joke was fairly innocuous. Can't believe it got under peoples skin like that :lol:
Its just incredibly disrespectful to one of the greatest Arsenal men of all time. Even opposition fans have the utmost respect and gratitude to Wenger for his contribution to football. You might be saying it as a joke but it makes you look like a fool tbh. You can be really funny at times but disrespecting the big man is too far

BigPoppaPump

The way he developed players, the style of play, the way we won trophies, the type of man he is and how he treats people...talking peak Arsène here, up to 2006...even going back to before Arsenal, Arsène made a massive impact on a man who became president of a country!

The rivalry with United adds to that aura, best rivalry in football history for me...from the late 90s to the early 00s, Arsenal and United was a war, like something out of a movie or something.

Agree the likes of Klopp are better overall managers, but Arsène just had something special about him.

Wow a response with someone not acting like a complete bi*ch? This is why I like you Riou you don't get emotional.

Still what you listed in the first paragraph is a bit intangible, like when Mourinho came in dominated with the 4-3-3 formation everyone in England switch from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3. Same thing happened with Conte and the 3 at the back but that was only a little fad that died out. I feel like Arsène introduced the attacking fullbacks to England, don't remember it happening here before Ashely Cole and Lauren.

I don't disagree that Arsène changed the game in England and that he's an amazing manager I just rate Klopp higher. I think what Klopp has done at Liverpool and Dortmund is amazing and surpassing what Arsène did here.

I know I should be bias as an Arsenal fan but I'm inherently an objective man.

BigPoppaPump

Its just incredibly disrespectful to one of the greatest Arsenal men of all time. Even opposition fans have the utmost respect and gratitude to Wenger for his contribution to football. You might be saying it as a joke but it makes you look like a fool tbh. You can be really funny at times but disrespecting the big man is too far

Hardly disrespectful I was being facetious, Arsène Wenger is a grown man with much more success and wealth any of us can ever imagine you don't need to be offended on his behalf he's a great man and knows it himself.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Wow a response with someone not acting like a complete bi*ch? This is why I like you Riou you don't get emotional.

Still what you listed in the first paragraph is a bit intangible, like when Mourinho came in dominated with the 4-3-3 formation everyone in England switch from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3. Same thing happened with Conte and the 3 at the back but that was only a little fad that died out. I feel like Arsène introduced the attacking fullbacks to England, don't remember it happening here before Ashely Cole.

I don't disagree that Arsène changed the game in England and that he's an amazing manager I just rate Klopp higher. I think what Klopp has done at Liverpool and Dortmund is amazing and surpassing what Arsène did here.

I know I should be bias as an Arsenal fan but I'm inherently an objective man.
The only b*tch here is you, always sniping at players with some weird obsession about players needing to pump some iron BRAH.

BigPoppaPump

The only b*tch here is you, always sniping at players with some weird obsession about players needing to pump some iron BRAH.

Of course I'm sniping at players these idiots are 10th and have been crap under 3 different managers for like 4 seasons, they rarely win away games and seem to struggle in every match. Fck these players most of them shouldn't even be at Arsenal, we need higher standards.

Like we've been spending lots of money just to get worse each season, no one else has a problem with this?

roz

Fake News Merchant
Of course I'm sniping at players these idiots are 10th and have been crap under 3 different managers for like 4 seasons, they rarely win away games and seem to struggle in every match. Fck these players most of them shouldn't even be at Arsenal, we need higher standards.

Like we've been spending lots of money just to get worse each season, no one else has a problem with this?
Yeah most of them aren’t that good but we’ve seen a marked improvement under Arteta and things are going well for a change and you still find some ridiculous reason to moan.
The performance against Chelsea filled me with joy and made me proud to be an Arsenal fan. Things are on the up man, just enjoy instead of moaning and being negative ALL the time

BigPoppaPump

Yeah most of them aren’t that good but we’ve seen a marked improvement under Arteta and things are going well for a change and you still find some ridiculous reason to moan.
The performance against Chelsea filled me with joy and made me proud to be an Arsenal fan. Things are on the up man, just enjoy instead of moaning and being negative ALL the time

Ah yes another draw let me go get the champagne it's a cause for celebration.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Ah yes another draw let me go get the champagne it's a cause for celebration.
Considering the circumstances of that game I would say it was a cause for celebration. If you cant enjoy moments like that in football then honestly, there’s no reason why you should follow football let alone a club.

BigPoppaPump

Considering the circumstances of that game I would say it was a cause for celebration. If you cant enjoy moments like that in football then honestly, there’s no reason why you should follow football let alone a club.

EnlightenedPortlyBushsqueaker-size_restricted.gif

BigPoppaPump

Cool man, you like Friends. Is that what you watch when you work out?

No I don't even listen to music just complete silence, I need to be in zen mode when it's just me and the iron. Gains aren't made in the muscles but in the mind.

roz

Fake News Merchant
No I don't even listen to music just complete silence, I need to be in zen mode when it's just me and the iron. Gains aren't made in the muscles but in the mind.
There is no way you could ever be zen brah. Too moany/whingey. You’d be like a toddler with a couple of mars bar trying hard to stay still.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Come on! The chance of eternal glory if this happens. Imagine the joy we all would have asking any Liverpool fans we know how it felt when our winning goals went in! Ahhhh... the exquisite joy! :Celebration:
The joy would be extinguished by having them (especially Ox) still winning the trophy anyway. I want to enjoy the winter break.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Takii in my nothing away from from this Liverpool team, but they’re making the most of a poor league. The invincible a would have taken them apart. I want to rate their team highly but I just can’t. As little as they concede, I don’t even rate their defence and their midfield is just very functional.
It's not just a poor league, it's also the fact that all those who would rival them have new (ish) managers-us, Chelsea,Sp**s,utd,even Leicester and City didn't do much business and have suffered crucial injuries and the loss of a talismanic captain. It's near perfect conditions for them to thrive and their achievement-if they win the PL-is on par or less than Leicester's given all the circumstances.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom