• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2019/20

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think we need someone like van der Beek to replace Ramsey and transition from Özil. Our midfield is horribly one paced and technically and physically lesser than many we've had in the past. A new spine is needed but four players should see us able to phase out the underperforming ones at as rate that suits the club.

Reyes no.11

Starting XI next season. Formation: 4-3-3

----------------------------------Leno

Bellerin-----------Saliba-----------------Luiz-------------Tierney

--------------------------------Torreira
-----------------*Rakitic------------------Ceballos

Pepe----------------------------------------------------------*O.Dembele
-------------------------------Aubameyang

Subs: Martinez, Sokratis, Kolasinac, Maitland-Niles, Willock, Nelson, Martinelli

Manberg

Predator
For information:

CM-TABLE-SPORTS-ARSENAL.jpg

Saka: 2021
Mkhitarian: 2021
Elneny: 2022
Martinelli: 2024
Tierney: 2024
Saliba: 2024​

Last edited:

Manberg

Predator
Wut, we only signed guendouzi on a 3 year contract?

There was talk that he'd go on to sign a 5 year contract at £70k p/w in July but it didn't happen. Haven't heard anything about it since. As things stand his current deal is up in 2022.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Leno, AMN, Kola, Saka, Torreira and Martinelli have been our most consistent peformers this season.

Last edited:

boyinneedofhumor

Anyone knows if there's individual coaching for players? When its not a game every other 3-4days...

Because revamping or buying/selling takes time, interested parties and mutually acceptable valuation.

I get the feel that our players could look (even) better by just having part of sessions catered to them individually and practise more.

Random examples:
Guendouzi - tackling
Nelson - free kicks/corner kicks
Nketiah - positioning (to receive ball on the counter)
Bellerin - crossing
Martinelli - close control
Pepe - left wing direct running
Leno - penalties
Etc.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We face the problem of needing to find an Arsenal quality striker coming up. What we have is not good enough (assuming Auba is leaving).

Wonder who we'll get

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Anyone knows if there's individual coaching for players? When its not a game every other 3-4days...

Because revamping or buying/selling takes time, interested parties and mutually acceptable valuation.

I get the feel that our players could look (even) better by just having part of sessions catered to them individually and practise more.

Random examples:
Guendouzi - tackling
Bellerin - crossing
Leno - penalties
Etc.
My concern is that I doubt many have asked for extra help or even think they need it.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Torreira was abysmal for most of the season, Xhaka has been better. AMN has been poor too.

Torreira been the best player by a mike since Arteta took over. AMN put together a display of consecutive good performances not seen by RB by us since Sagna.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Prob an exaggeration but Mitch is kinda right. I remember Bellerin looking phenomenal during Emery’s early reign and I often wondered how Emery might have fared with 2 dependable fullbacks.

I fear Bellerin is finito, as much as I like him. I have no confidence that some part of his lower body won’t break down again. He’s also (could be imagining it) lost a yard of pace. Would a serious club be banking on him to stay fit throughout next season?

As for Torreira, he was shocking prior to Arteta and damn near called it quits. He still has it all to prove for me. Wasn’t totally his fault but the crying and wanting to go back to Italy, I wasn’t impressed.

GoonerJay24

Random examples:
Guendouzi - tackling
Bellerin - crossing
Leno - penalties
Etc.

Most elite teams work on core fitness and team tactical activities or small unit position specific exercises.

I don't know about Arsenal though

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Torreira's early season form not entirely his fault though given the batshit crazy idea to move him further forward was all Emery.

If their form continued would be fine with Xhaka and Torreira at the base. Rather less comfortable with the cover there - still unconvinced by Douzi

Latest posts+

Top Bottom