• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

remains

I was buzzing on the day and still think it’s a great result and performance given the circumstances we were in. Was proud of the team for fighting.

I think saying it will be a turning point is going too far though. Why wasn’t the impressive victory over United a turning point? In reality we struggle in almost every game, especially against teams we ‘should be beating’. Until we add more quality to the squad I don’t see that changing.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
With 24 games gone and only 30 points to show for (only 1.25 pts per game), we have to forget that we stand a chance to reach 4th.

With only 42 points left to play for, even if we improve our form, at best we're not looking at more than 50-55 points total this season.

The fewest points to get Top 4 in PL era was way back in 2003-04 for Liverpool with 60 points

Season ----- 4-th ----- Arsenal points ----- Arsenal position
1992-93 ----- 71 ------------ 56 ------------------------ 10
1993-94------ 71------------- 71------------------------- 4
1994-95------ 74 ------------ 51------------------------ 12
1995-96 ----- 63 ------------ 63 ------------------------ 5
1996-97 ----- 68 ------------ 68 ------------------------ 3
1997-98 ----- 63 ------------ 78 ------------------------ 1
1998-99 ----- 79 ------------ 78 ------------------------ 2
1999-00 ---- 67 ------------ 73 ------------------------ 2
2000-01 ---- 68 ------------ 70 ------------------------ 2
2001-02 ----- 71 ------------ 87 ------------------------ 1
2002-03 ---- 67 ------------- 78 ----------------------- 2
2003-04 ---- 60 ------------- 90 ----------------------- 1
2004-05 ----- 61 ------------ 83 ------------------------ 2
2005-06 ----- 67 ------------ 67 ------------------------ 4
2006-07 ----- 68 ------------ 68 ----------------------- 4
2007-08 ----- 76 ------------ 83 ------------------------ 3
2008-09 ----- 72 ------------ 72 ------------------------ 4
2009-10 ------ 70 ------------ 75 ----------------------- 3
2010-11 ------ 68 ------------ 68 ------------------------ 4
2011-12 ------ 69 ------------- 70 ----------------------- 3
2012-13 ------ 73 ------------- 73 ----------------------- 4
2013-14 ------ 79 ------------- 79 ----------------------- 4
2014-15 ------ 70 ------------- 75 ----------------------- 3
2015-16 ------ 66 ------------- 71 ----------------------- 2
2016-17 ------ 76 ------------- 75 ----------------------- 5
2017-18 ------ 75 ------------- 63 ----------------------- 6
2018-19 ------ 71 ------------- 70 ----------------------- 5
I don't really think historical points total will matter this season. All the top teams this season (and city according to their standard have been very poor.

The wheels have already started falling off for United and they're in shambles at the moment. Their top scorer is most likely out of the season while Chelsea also have their top scorer injured. We just need to put bit of a mini-run together and we'll get back in the conversation.

Manberg

Predator
I don't know what it is but I celebrated the 2-2 draw at Chelsea more than I did the 2-0 win against Utd. I had feelings of proudness and joy that I hadn't experienced for a long time.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Anyone else not really feeling the hype from that 2-2 draw? I don't mean in terms of Arteta - just generally. For me it's overshadowed yet another massive mistake.

Really weird season, literally a mid table squad celebrating draws with the mighty Chelsea. Feel very wrong for me.
Official Arsenal Twitter was posting about that result 24 hours later, bit cringe. It’s a 2-2 draw to the poorest Chelsea side in 20 years, back in the day a win at Stamford Bridge was standard.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Official Arsenal Twitter was posting about that result 24 hours later, bit cringe. It’s a 2-2 draw to the poorest Chelsea side in 20 years, back in the day a win at Stamford Bridge was standard.

Don't think we have won there for over 8 years, very poor.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

It’s more the circumstance really. At 1-0 down and ten men we all genuinely feared the worst. However we came back twice with two quality goals. If anything it keeps the mood up around the place.

A loss at The Bridge wouldn’t have been disastrous but it would’ve been a massive dent to our confidence.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
It’s more the circumstance really. At 1-0 down and ten men we all genuinely feared the worst. However we came back twice with two quality goals. If anything it keeps the mood up around the place.

A loss at The Bridge wouldn’t have been disastrous but it would’ve been a massive dent to our confidence.

Agree, obviously we want to win. But it felt all was lost after one stupid mistake from mustafi and the team showed a lot of character to come back. It’s not the result we wanted, but we are optimistic since the team ultimately performed well.

It does overshadow the fact that at no point with 11 men did we look like we were going to score. Another tale of two halves.

Also... feels good to have such a promising young talent again in Martinelli.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
images

Balboa

Arteta has a big job on his hands. Imagine trying to work through systemic changes in personnel and style of play, whilst having to keep supporters on side when those supporters are so devoid of football knowledge and understanding....

Arsenal supporters...
  • 2011-2018 "Jordan Henderson is a technical liability and a joke of a player"
  • 2014-2020 "Adam Lallana is a bang average, uncultured English lightwieght. Avoid"
  • 2014 "Balotelli is available. Sign him up...."
  • 2015 "James Milner is a clogger, avoid a free transfer"
  • 2016 "Sadio Mane is a pub player with a gym membership, avoid"
  • 2018 "Alexis is perfect. It doesn't matter that he slows Arsenal's team play down, is horrendous for team spirit and a selfish mercenary. Player contributions can be evaluated in isolation and without reference to their impact on the team. Football works by finding the best 11 individuals you can find and putting them on the pitch simultaneously. We need to keep him at any cost. £500k pw is a bargain."
  • 2018 "We've got Özil, Mesut Özil, I just don't think you understand. Pay him £350k per week, his passes are so sleek, we've got Mesut Özil"

State of this club that Arteta has to change...
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Arteta has a big job on his hands. Imagine trying to work through systemic changes in personnel and style of play, whilst having to keep supporters on side when those supporters are so devoid of football knowledge and understanding....

Arsenal supporters...
  • 2011-2018 "Jordan Henderson is a technical liability and a joke of a player"
  • 2014-2020 "Adam Lallana is a bang average, uncultured English lightwieght. Avoid"
  • 2014 "Balotelli is available. Sign him up...."
  • 2015 "James Milner is a clogger, avoid a free transfer"
  • 2016 "Sadio Mane is a pub player with a gym membership, avoid"
  • 2018 "Alexis is perfect. It doesn't matter that he slows Arsenal's team play down, is horrendous for team spirit and a selfish mercenary. Player contributions can be evaluated in isolation and without reference to their impact on the team. Football works by finding the best 11 individuals you can find and putting them on the pitch simultaneously. We need to keep him at any cost. £500k pw is a bargain."
  • 2018 "We've got Özil, Mesut Özil, I just don't think you understand. Pay him £350k per week, his passes are so sleek, we've got Mesut Özil"

State of this club that Arteta has to change...
:rolleyes:

There are arsenal fans who:
  • Like Henderson
  • Rate Lallana
  • Never wanted Balotelli
  • Were ok with Milner
  • Admire Mane
  • Like/Hate Alexis
  • Didn't want Özil's contract to be extended.
We have a mix of fans with different opinions on different players. Just like any other club.

Balboa

There are arsenal fans who:
  • Like Henderson
  • Rate Lallana
  • Never wanted Balotelli
  • Were ok with Milner
  • Admire Mane
  • Like/Hate Alexis
  • Didn't want Özil's contract to be extended.
We have a mix of fans with different opinions on different players. Just like any other club.

True. But these hot takes were often presented almost as fact. They mostly seemed to be consensus opinions at the time to my memory. I've no doubt that knowledgeable supporters exist and use this forum, it's just that they tend to be drowned out by others...

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Am I grumpy in the fact that I don't really miss any squad apart from the invincibles? All of the teams post 2007 just come across as losers to me, like I remember way too many humiliations to have fond memories.

Maybe you are too negative when remembering the past...but then again, maybe I am too positive...

Everyone is different, just try and do what makes you happy I guess...but always be positive about wrestling, that **** was amazing back in the day ;)

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Maybe you are too negative when remembering the past...but then again, maybe I am too positive...

Everyone is different, just try and do what makes you happy I guess...but always be positive about wrestling, that **** was amazing back in the day ;)

I was browsing Reddit the other day and a video popped up on my timeline of Kane and Paul Bearer digging up Undertakers parents coffins, presenting to the crowd on Raw and then Kane chokeslamming Undertaker into one of the coffins where they give you glimpses of the dead body and maggots.

And that was just a normal Monday night.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I was browsing Reddit the other day and a video popped up on my timeline of Kane and Paul Bearer digging up Undertakers parents coffins, presenting to the crowd on Raw and then Kane chokeslamming Undertaker into one of the coffins where they give you glimpses of the dead body and maggots.

And that was just a normal Monday night.

...so glad my parents let me watch this when I was young, stupid but fun, exactly what a kid wants!

Also love how when wrestling was at it's best, Arsenal was at it's best...kinda declined around the same time too :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom