• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeVinna

Established Member
First thing I did in FIFA20 was bring Cazorla back. He’d instantly be our best midfielder. I don’t think you can play a Torreira/Cazorla/Özil midfield but I could be wrong..

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

if we brought him back on loan for the rest of the season, I would be thrilled, not because he would make much difference, but because I so want to see we still have a heart and a soul

Sign him up combine him with Özil as a cm ****ing quality player Santi. Would **** over all other midfielders in epl

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What I have learned from or business is that we will not know who we are going for until the deal is done. Once reliable journalists know nothing. We make contact with players, we make bids that we know will be rejected and we create smokescreens for our actual targets.

Zaha
Marviyenko
Upamecano
Kurzawa
Guimaraes
Lemar

Links by reputable journalists. Bids made apparently. Serious interest. We are operating under the radar. If we want a CM, I am pretty sure nobody knows who it is.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I mean he was coming back from a long term injury and in his 30s.
If we had given him a 2-3 years contract and his injury problems had continued everyone would have crucified them for renewing Cazorla's contract.

Think Cazorla would never asked for a big contract like that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Love Santi, one of my fav Arsenal players ever...but can you imagine other Premiership teams with him, knowing he has a dodgy ankle...would have given a new meaning to "sweep the leg", he would have been hacked to bits...was a right decision for him to go back to Spain, unfortunately.

Letting Cazorla go and for free was a sackable decision, whoever sanctioned it.

It was one of the greater decisions we have made transfer wise imo. He is still playing football in Spain. If he stayed here I fear he would lose his foot or something. We were asking to much of him playing him in deeper midfield role.

Last edited:

Kysus

It's a miracle he can still play football after almost having to amputate his leg. Supposedly still playing with pain though, guy just loves football way too much to stop.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Martinelli had a EU passport, most dont?
And the rules will be even harder due to brexit?

That's exactly the problem. It's a bit easier for e.g. Argentines and a lot of Uruguayans due to their Italian heritage which means they often got a EU passprt due to their parents. It's harder for most others and in some EU countries there are ridiculous work permit rules for young athletes - like you have to have featured in a senior NT game; which say 17 year old has that to his name?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Where the **** is Özil suppose to go?

James got qualities sure, but dint think that a good route. Then again, ****ing Mendes.

DC United is about the only ones who could both use him and afford him. Otherwise Arsenal would have to eat a ton of cash to move him on and that's just not going to happen in this window. He may be moved in the summer to keep his contract from running down, but it's highly unlikely at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom