• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 118,482
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Lee ‘Miserable’ Dixon is even jumping to his defence. Saying that as a defender you’re not thinking about the rest of the game, all you want to do in that moment is stop the opposition from scoring.

It’s not like he simply took a swipe at him from the back either. He thought the rules would protect him as he was kind of close enough for it to be deemed as a genuine attempt at winning the ball. We just don’t get any 50/50 or even 60/40 decisions in our favour these days.

Last edited:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
I’m not a fan of Luiz the CB either, but you can’t deny he has many redeeming qualities, unlike other turds on a stick. Fantastic passer long and short, with genuine vision and courage to play the pass. Seems a team player and he’s willing to hold his hands up when he ****s up. That means a lot. To be fair to Mustafi, he does too, and he has a decent pass on him, but no other redeeming features for that walking disaster.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Because he actually cares and the club and manager seem to care for him. We are a classy club and despite our terribly run board, the culture Arsène established was one of family. One Arsenal, not individuality.

Could see that Luiz is incredibly passionate and people like that flourish when that is reciprocated. Despite how many players we have lost, most of them still bleed Arsenal.

He is a leader and seemed to be the first to jump on the Arteta bandwagon. Loves the manager and by extension the Club. We gave him a chance to continue his career and I am sure he will be forever grateful for that.

Truly, he’s already proven there is no Agent Luis. I appreciate the spirit he’s shown.

He obviously has his shortcomings as a player and is prone to the occasional colossal mistake. But he’s been OK for us. I wish we had stronger starting CBs, but he wasn’t bad business considering what we had.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This guy is a bum, been making mistakes all season. Saw no spirit or leadership when Emery was here either, when we really needed it.

We don’t keep clean sheets and we’re winning league games every other month atm. This brainless bum is as much a reason for that as anyone else.

Arsenal will not go anywhere while he’s starting, good luck next season when he’s next to a 19 year old, it’s going to be a car crash every week.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arsenal will not go anywhere while he’s starting, good luck next season when he’s next to a 19 year old, it’s going to be a car crash every week.

We need someone experienced at least to play with Saliba, and Luiz is the best we have...not saying it will be great, both players have their flaws. Luiz rashness and Saliba rawness...but think it could be something to build on, even just short term, as their attributes look a good match...it's a rebuild, and we have to just be patient.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We need someone experienced at least to play with Saliba, and Luiz is the best we have...not saying it will be great, both players have their flaws. Luiz rashness and Saliba rawness...but think it could be something to build on, even just short term, as their attributes look a good match...it's a rebuild, and we have to just be patient.
Hopefully we sign a good CB in the summer otherwise we aren’t finishing top 5/6.

Getting fed up with this “rebuild” talk. We sign poor players to come in and cover for other poor players and keep calling it a rebuild and people like myself are told to keep patient. I didn’t want Sokratis or Luiz, now we’re linked with Mari who is another “decent cover”, how long can you back this sort of recruitment? It’s poor stuff. Our CB situation is shocking.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hopefully we sign a good CB in the summer otherwise we aren’t finishing top 5/6.

Getting fed up with this “rebuild” talk. We sign poor players to come in and cover for other poor players and keep calling it a rebuild and people like myself are told to keep patient. I didn’t want Sokratis or Luiz, now we’re linked with Mari who is another “decent cover”, how long can you back this sort of recruitment? It’s poor stuff. Our CB situation is shocking.

It does amaze me how bad we are at identifying centre backs, especially centre backs that can play in a very physical league like the English one...we have really neglected the physical side of our team for a while now, glad that we have at least identified a profile in Saliba that we desperately need, but as you say he is still very young...Kos had some ridiculous physical stats, one of the fastest centrebacks we have had, him and Per were good together....bar that though, all the others are kind of meh recently...our pair at Highbury had a bit of everything really, Sol-Kolo, not just technical traits but the physicality needed to play in this league.

Think that's why I wanted Djourou to succeed here so badly here, he was so tall and quite fast :lol:

DirtBox

Awful. David Luiz is the only player to have his IQ on the back of his shirt. All the decision making capabilities of a ouija board and needs a ****ing hair cut.

When he is next to papa they look as solid as peanut butter. Can’t deal with another season of him running around like some manic poodle, throwing his arms in the air and looking shocked that he is supposed to stop the ball going in the net. He makes me feel like having a **** whenever he plays just to balance out the disappointment.

progman07

Established Member
Looking at the social media (and applying basic logic), it's obvious there is so much more going on behind the scenes in a football club than just 50 football matches per year.

To be able to compete properly, we would ideally need at least 2-3 more senior figures like Luiz, just to maintain the balance in the dressing room. Someone who is a goood example to the youngster players, who is a calm head in the dressing room, who has been there where it matters and won things before.

When we let Koscielny, Cech, Ramsey, Monreal, and dare I say Lichsteiner, even Mykhitarian and Iwobi (though Mikhi's influence was probably close to 0 in fairness), we lost lots of experience. These players don't necessarily win you games, but I would like to think that having an extroverted Brazilian mentor Martinelli helped him more than anyone else in the team.

If anything, losing those experienced players and replacing them with younger talents (Ceballos, Pepe, etc) has been the difference between our two seasons under Emery, and it had a huge effect, so I think Luiz has been a necessary addition, regardless of his inconsistency.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Awful. David Luiz is the only player to have his IQ on the back of his shirt. All the decision making capabilities of a ouija board and needs a ****ing hair cut.

When he is next to papa they look as solid as peanut butter. Can’t deal with another season of him running around like some manic poodle, throwing his arms in the air and looking shocked that he is supposed to stop the ball going in the net. He makes me feel like having a **** whenever he plays just to balance out the disappointment.
Straight out of the dirt box, that one :lol:

You know you’re declining as a poster when hydro is the increasingly the solitary like underneath your posts.

Whats up with the constant bullying Dennis? Why is that something you like to do on internet?

Luiz is not a good signing. You agree or disagree?

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom