• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Lemar

Vantastico

Dont know what you've seen in Nelson but hes been brutal this season. Martinelli and Saka have performed much better than him with a huge difference. Nelson has been poor and should be the most developed.
I'm really not agreeing with that harsh criticism that he has been 'brutal'. Shocked that 2 others agree with you on that. He isn't exactly crushing expectations, that he's not. But it's not like he's a senior member of the squad by any means. Christ sake, he is 20 years old, not 24 or 25.

So far this season he's had a steady performance and got the game winning goal vs. Leeds. Other than I think I can recall that he was solid vs Man U and seemed to get into threatening positions quite a few other times this season, by the mere virtue of his pace, positioning and dribbling skill.

He's certaiy not lived up to his young prodigy status yet, but writing him off as 'brutal' in a season where we are 10th, meaning the entire squad around him is underperforming? That's really unfair. Even our £80m marquee signing hasn't been able to really make his mark like that.

I do agree that Saka and Martinelli have thoroughly outperformed him. They really are exceptional at 18. The point here is though, I do not see a reason to bet on Lemar any more than I do on Reiss. Reiss is an academy product, younger, on lower wages, and has all the talent in the world, which has come to fruition at every level bar the seniors so far. Be a little patient, and curb your judgement.

I will concur to other poster's criticisms, that, maybe by playing in a defensively pressing system like Atletico's, Lemar has been molded into a good team player that could be of servicable utility in roles other than LW (meaning LCM, CAM). I wonder about that, but I'm not exactly sure though. Because why else would Atletico be so eager to get rid? Maybe he really doesn't bring that extra motor or skillset.

It's a risky opportunity worth assessing, but it won't come cheap either. So I'm still not very eager... unless it's a straight swap for Laca, since Lemar is younger and Lacazette is honestly a dime in a dozen striker.

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I'm really not agreeing with that harsh criticism that he has been 'brutal'. Shocked that 2 others agree with you on that. He isn't exactly crushing expectations, that he's not. But it's not like he's a senior member of the squad by any means. Christ sake, he is 20 years old, not 24 or 25.

So far this season he's had a steady performance and got the game winning goal vs. Leeds. Other than I think I can recall that he was solid vs Man U and seemed to get into threatening positions quite a few other times this season, by the mere virtue of his pace, positioning and dribbling skill.

He's certaiy not lived up to his young prodigy status yet, but writing him off as 'brutal' in a season where we are 10th, meaning the entire squad around him is underperforming? That's really unfair. Even our £80m marquee signing hasn't been able to really make his mark like that.

I do agree that Saka and Martinelli have thoroughly outperformed him. They really are exceptional at 18. The point here is though, I do not see a reason to bet on Lemar any more than I do on Reiss. Reiss is an academy product, younger, on lower wages, and has all the talent in the world, which has come to fruition at every level bar the seniors so far. Be a little patient, and curb your judgement.

I will concur to other poster's criticisms, that, maybe by playing in a defensively pressing system like Atletico's, Lemar has been molded into a good team player that could be of servicable utility in roles other than LW (meaning LCM, CAM). I wonder about that, but I'm not exactly sure though. Because why else would Atletico be so eager to get rid? Maybe he really doesn't bring that extra motor or skillset.

It's a risky opportunity worth assessing, but it won't come cheap either. So I'm still not very eager... unless it's a straight swap for Laca, since Lemar is younger and Lacazette is honestly a dime in a dozen striker.

Ok maybe he hasnt been brutal but he hasnt added anything this season. I haven't seen him create much or do anything special not even a glimpse of something which would make me believe he is a huge talent.

When you consider he is much more experience than Saka and what 2 years older you wonder if he is going to be a top player or if he is going to be Iwobi-esque and his level will be basically mid table premier league team.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
This guy is so incredibly average man. Makes me puke that people want him to play centrally for us.

He's not going to take us another level. He's slow, weak, small, a passenger, etc. The last thing we need.

If we sign him we're just confirming our midtable status.

Underhill

I imagine he'd be played instead of Özil. Selling Auba in the summer most likely.

And slow? Compared to whom? Auba? Yeah, sure. But other than Auba, Pepe, Bellerin and Martinelli he would probably be our fastest player. Somewhat high workrate (compared to Özil, he is a beast), can take on a man 1v1, good shot, great passing.

Unless Simeone ruined him, he still is a very good player with a very high ceiling. For the rumoured 30-40m it is a steal.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I imagine he'd be played instead of Özil. Selling Auba in the summer most likely.

And slow? Compared to whom? Auba? Yeah, sure. But other than Auba, Pepe, Bellerin and Martinelli he would probably be our fastest player. Somewhat high workrate (compared to Özil, he is a beast), can take on a man 1v1, good shot, great passing.

Unless Simeone ruined him, he still is a very good player with a very high ceiling. For the rumoured 30-40m it is a steal.

don’t know if you’ve seen the stats, but sokratis is fast as hell.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
That 60M will start tumbling soon, Atletico is desperate to get Cavani in and this is the only way to do it.

Could end up a bargain for a club more suited to Lemar. If he could get back to his Monaco form, he'd be great. Still may be too much for Arsenal to pull off right now though. And there are more pressing needs.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Why the **** would Lemar leave the Atletico bench for the Bayern one :lol: I don’t even think he starts ahead of Perisic so he’d be 4th choice.

Because Bayerns style of football is way less rigid which will suit a creative player like Lemar well. Bayern wont opt to sign Coutinho on a perm this summer so they could see Lemar as a replacement.

Top Bottom