• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazyfreak

Now that Bellerin is back, I hope he gets given a chance in midfield here and there. Lad deserves it.

I commend him for his commitment and mental strength to stick at it and give it his all in rb, he was getting a bit of stick at one point iirc.
Based on what? The guy hasn't played CM in two years! I think the problem is most people think he's a natural CM when he's not. He's a RW who was in the process of being converted to either a CM or DM. Then Wenger left and he hasn't played through the middle since.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Bellerins peformance last night again showed why he shoudlnt start ahead of AMN who has been consistently very good this season.

StefanB

Seems like a woman with little insight in her own behaviour. She's not "guilty" of doing anything, and it's Ainsley who's lost his mind.

Why on earth is her other children also taking Ainsley's side then? Why on earth was it widely known about her causing problems?

Seems like she's the one who's had her head turned by money.

Sad to see stuff like this happening, but Ainsley cutting her off is the best for him and the rest of the family.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Seems like a woman with little insight in her own behaviour. She's not "guilty" of doing anything, and it's Ainsley who's lost his mind.

Why on earth is her other children also taking Ainsley's side then? Why on earth was it widely known about her causing problems?

Seems like she's the one who's had her head turned by money.

Sad to see stuff like this happening, but Ainsley cutting her off is the best for him and the rest of the family.
I guess we'd never know what happened but I'd at least buy the woman a flat with a few weeks of wages and tell her she's on her own from then.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Would love it, if Arteta could make a CDM out of him.
With Torreira and him we wouldn't need to make a transfer for this position.

I think his offensive output isn't good enough for a more forward position.
Agree. It's funny because he scored loads of goals as an U18 but while he has a good strike on him (check out the couple he's scored for Ipswich), he's not a player who scores that many as a senior. Cleverer passer than given credit but not a particularly creative one (bit like Willock in this regard).

lazyfreak

Agree. It's funny because he scored loads of goals as an U18 but while he has a good strike on him (check out the couple he's scored for Ipswich), he's not a player who scores that many as a senior. Cleverer passer than given credit but not a particularly creative one (bit like Willock in this regard).
Loads?! He never reached double digits as an U18 player. He only got a combined 7 from 33 in the league and cup! You can even include the U19's (UEFA Youth League) where he got none from 14. It's obvious you're a fan of the guy, and many know you follow the youth teams, but at times you show more than you actually know and end up bigging up players more than you should. Kind of like how you think Maitland-Niles is 6'0. You're quite literally making him bigger than he is!

Afro Mugo

Loads?! He never reached double digits as an U18 player. He only got a combined 7 from 33 in the league and cup! You can even include the U19's (UEFA Youth League) where he got none from 14. It's obvious you're a fan of the guy, and many know you follow the youth teams, but at times you show more than you actually know and end up bigging up players more than you should. Kind of like how you think Maitland-Niles is 6'0. You're quite literally making him bigger than he is!
To be fair I also thought he scored loads for some reason . He had interesting trajectory. Debut as a 15 year old winger in the youth League then upon signing his scholar he just went straight to the u21s/u23s ahead of the likes of Iwobi. He spent most of the time on the wing at U21s and when he dropped down to play with the 18s then played as a midfielder in the youth League. He made his debut as a CM against Galatasaray then the next season he was at Ipswich as a RW for half a season . He then returned and played a full season as a CM won the u20 world cup as a CM then got his chance as a LB .
He's a better player than people give him credit for and his ability to switch positions is highly underated. I don't know whether he'll ever become a world beater as a CM but I still think that's his best position where he can showcase his passing ability with both feet and athleticism plus he has a good shot on him . He can reach Wijnaldum, Milner, level . Former average winger turned CM. I doubt Arsenal we'll be selling him anytime soon due to him being homegrown and versatile.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
50i8wn65x4e41.jpg

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Now that Bellerin is back, I hope he gets given a chance in midfield here and there. Lad deserves it.

I commend him for his commitment and mental strength to stick at it and give it his all in rb, he was getting a bit of stick at one point iirc.

I loath players that ***** about being played outta position

Ungrateful bastards!

Just play ffs, EVERYBODY is important anyway and they are making big bucks.

Better to play at all

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I loath players that ***** about being played outta position

Ungrateful bastards!

Just play ffs, EVERYBODY is important anyway and they are making big bucks.

Better to play at all
I understand why tbh. If you're not able to play to the best of your ability in the position, it sets you up for poor performances, mistakes and excess criticism - all of which Maitland-Niles has had to deal with constantly ever since being made to play the position. It's easy for us in the nosebleeds to say "bUt ThEy MaKe BiG bUcKs" but money is an object, an abstract concept - it's not a bulletproof vest and it cannot shield you.

Granted, there were times I think AMN didn't help himself - his seemingly nonchalant acts don't lend to much goodwill. That said, the idea that he ever was a full-back was stupid IMO. He'll give you a good game there, but he'll never be GREAT there.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I understand why tbh. If you're not able to play to the best of your ability in the position, it sets you up for poor performances, mistakes and excess criticism - all of which Maitland-Niles has had to deal with constantly ever since being made to play the position. It's easy for us in the nosebleeds to say "bUt ThEy MaKe BiG bUcKs" but money is an object, an abstract concept - it's not a bulletproof vest and it cannot shield you.

Granted, there were times I think AMN didn't help himself - his seemingly nonchalant acts don't lend to much goodwill. That said, the idea that he ever was a full-back was stupid IMO. He'll give you a good game there, but he'll never be GREAT there.

It is the staffs decision to make, our gaffer even being a former solid cm himself knows better

Dont think will be a great cm either. I dont view him as that athletic tbh.

He has been more consistent and had better RB games than cm games, not like he amazed that many assists nor goals as a cm

But versatility is great in itself.
But A-M would have sneered at James Milner...

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

? F**k James Milner
Who the hell cares about James Milner

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Well Mikel did sub him in to play midfield late in the Bornemouth game. A sign of things to come, probably...

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
It is the staffs decision to make, our gaffer even being a former solid cm himself knows better

Dont think will be a great cm either. I dont view him as that athletic tbh.

He has been more consistent and had better RB games than cm games, not like he amazed that many assists nor goals as a cm

But versatility is great in itself.
But A-M would had sneered at James Milner...
He's a better CM than your mate Crapka

Afro Mugo

Very high praise from Mikel on AMN. He sees him as a versatile option in midfield. He says he's technically gifted and a good passer of the ball plus causes trouble with his runs hence can play as a more attacking midfielder but can also play as a holding midfielder because that's the position he has played the most . He also acknowledges he still had very good performances as a RB.
He's only 22 years .

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Very high praise from Mikel on AMN. He sees him as a versatile option in midfield. He says he's technically gifted and a good passer of the ball plus causes trouble with his runs hence can play as a more attacking midfielder but can also play as a holding midfielder because that's the position he has played the most . He also acknowledges he still had very good performances as a RB.
He's only 22 years .
My only problem with him is his focus. He has a laid back attitude sometimes and switches off. Cant afford that in the middle of the park with how intense games are in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom