• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Hasn’t been one game though has it?

I’ve complained about our attack not working and his substitutions being confusing quite a few times now.

You've said he's been unlucky or something, implying that he's done a good job.

Now, one game later, he's "just a rookie".. which he obviously is, he's only 10 games in.

Yeah, the subs are poor - but look at our bench options, there's not much to work with.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
What does this tell you? That Laca and Mesut are still the best starters despite their lack of form.
Only way to know for sure is if you give other players chances to prove it. Eddie scored in mid-week, he should be given another shot.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Only real criticism to be made at him is some of his team selections...

Picking both Auba and Laca, when we have various players who can play wide better, just pick one and bench the other.

Özil starting is really killing us, he doesn't have overall game to drop deep like Debruyne or Silva do, or even like Santi could do with us...so we always play a 2 man midfield that is very unathletic (in the most physical league) that is outnumbered anyway, really struggling to compete in the middle...this is something that needs to be sorted more than our defence imo.

Much more positives than negatives in the grand scheme of things though, unless you are going out of your way to be negative that is ;)

Manberg

Predator
How long where we 14th?

It may have been those times on a Monday when we were waiting for our game and got overtaken while having a game in hand, but I remember it for sure.

I think performances have improved. Results in the league are no longer important this season.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Pepe has been poor, Willock has been poor for months, Dani has been injured, Martinelli is a kid.

Arteta has no options other than keep going with his senior guys.
Arteta said age isn't a factor. If you're good enough you'll play. So Martinelli is starting. But then again doesn't help much if you don't play him in the right position. He has a good partnership with Saka. That was disrupted today to accommodate Laca (not Auba). Also debatable call between Pepe and Özil. Neither is particularly known for this defensive contribution, although some could argue a case for Pepe.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
People who aa
It may have been those times on a Monday when we were waiting for our game and got overtaken while having a game in hand, but I remember it for sure.

I think performances have improved. Results in the league are no longer important this season.

So you are using something that you dont even know for an arguement. Pathetic

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
And of course we can't play great football anymore, look at our players ffs!

2004: Henry, Pires, Vieira, Bergkamp, Reyes
2008: Fabregas, Hleb, Rosicky, Van persie, Diaby
2015: Sanchez, Cazorla, (prime) Özil, Ramsey, Wilshere

Who the **** do we have now close to that level :lol:

Last edited:

Manberg

Predator
Martinelli was poor today, even after he switched to the left. If Martinelli didn't start you guys would be blaming Arteta for that too. If Aubameyang played up top in place of Lacazette and we got the same result (or even lost, as would be likely) then you guys would still have found a reason to blame Arteta.

Stop trying to find whatever reason to suit your agenda against the manager and support the team. Personally I think the lineup and the subs were as good as can be.

Manberg

Predator
You’re lucky the mods deleted all the stuff in general chat, you dirty piece of ****.

You mean the stuff I was talking about in the general frustration thread? They were general frustrations of mine and I stand by the opinions I have. But some see it as controversial.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom