• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Is he a bum? I’m sure the usual suspects will pull out their analytics and big him up.
Not a bum, but not ready at all (if ever). Very raw and lacked maturity in Feyenoord's EL games this season, which is a sign he's not ready. Does have ability, quite good vision and pass. Needs to make a lot of steps in his development still.

Literally days just after I was bigging him up in the wishlist. :drool:

Can't wait for the inevitable "bUt He'S 24 aNd PLaYiNg In tHe cHaMpIoNshIp" takes from people who've not watched him. :rolleyes:
Obvious dribbling ability, how's his vision/passing/assists and link up play?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Obvious dribbling ability, how's his vision/passing/assists and link up play?

He’s got a decent final ball and makes good decisions generally.

That Brentford front three is absolutely electric and he’s arguably the key part of that although Ollie Watkins is probably another player who’d fit a need for us.

If we can’t afford Grealish who I personally think should be our number one target then he’d be a level below but still a decent signing for the right money.

Mbeumo is probably an even bigger talent there again though, already bagged eleven goals in the Championship this year at just 20 years old.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
These guys don't have to have too many clients, they've got their fingers in myriads of deals as "brokers". Raiola was just cited about this yesterday on transfermarkt.

Indeed. Mendes had nothing to do with Pepe but was apparently involved in that deal.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

These guys don't have to have too many clients, they've got their fingers in myriads of deals as "brokers". Raiola was just cited about this yesterday on transfermarkt.

Also setting up proxy agencies basically keeps them free from clear conflicts of interest and getting prosecuted for money laundering.

Kia’s learnt his lesson since the Corinthians fiasco.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Indeed. Mendes had nothing to do with Pepe but was apparently involved in that deal.

Same with Haaland. Officially, his father is his agent, but negotiations were actually brokered by Raiola, who reportedly took home a nice little bag of money for himself. Apparently Haaland didn't cost Dortmund just the 20m release clause, but more in the regions of 40m with 10m going to the family and Raiola each.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Same with Haaland. Officially, his father is his agent, but negotiations were actually brokered by Raiola, who reportedly took home a nice little bag of money for himself. Apparently Haaland didn't cost Dortmund just the 20m release clause, but more in the regions of 40m with 10m going to the family and Raiola each.
Fifa need to something with this 10m is just ridiculous it'll get even bigger if fifa don't act

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That never ending De Ligt saga as well, Raiola was brought in by the family and made himself a huge cut.

Last edited:

benjamin86

Established Member
As the forums "German scout" i was wondering what your thoughts are on Zakaria? Is he capable of playing box to box? We could do with a midfielder able to play box to box or DM when needed.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
As the forums "German scout" i was wondering what your thoughts are on Zakaria? Is he capable of playing box to box? We could do with a midfielder able to play box to box or DM when needed.

He's more developed into a physical 6 with good passing. He'd be more of a Torreira replacement than a proper B2B.

Fifa need to something with this 10m is just ridiculous it'll get even bigger if fifa don't act

Funny you say that because Raiola wants to take on FIFA and grab the transfer market from them. Talking to Belgian "Sport/Voetbalmagazine" he said:

"I don't want to come across as arrogant, but I think I created this market. Football has become show and entertainment. In the 25 years I've been active I invetend the football market. By now it's a massive industry which I coloured by never keeping my opinion to myself and by always having the back of my players."

He goes on to call FIFA "corrupt monopolists" with "incompetent leadership" then goes on to kind of outline his plans. "Option 2 [...] - create a new system so you'll always have a choice. That's what we're currently working on. FIFA is FIFA, good luck with that. Down the road we don't want anything to do with that. We'll do it ourselves. FIFA is done, the old system gone. This is the beginning of a new era, we are the foundation of that. It's time for a revolution."

Along Jorge Mendes (Gestifute), Jonathan Barnett (Stellar) and Roger Witmman (ROGON) he founded the Football Agents Forum (FAF) and they want their system to be ready in two years time. "Clubs will have a choice. E.g. I don't understand why the transfer of a player from Twente to Verona has to go through FIFA. We can do that ourselves in Europe. If a players transfers to the MLS, then it's done under MLS rules, not FIFA's. They want control and a part of the money. FIFA is all about power and money. They're not interested in football." Says in the future FIFA will be obsolete and they themselves know that.

He himself wants to "create a better football world and force everyone to think more critical. If I could decide, the current transfer system would be gone immediately. We get a cut of players' wages and when we get rid of the current system clubs will have more money left to buy, I think. The current system is human trafficking."

That's the takeover of the superagents.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/raiola...em-ist-menschenhandel-ldquo-/view/news/354173

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He's more developed into a physical 6 with good passing. He'd be more of a Torreira replacement than a proper B2B.

Funny you say that because Raiola wants to take on FIFA and grab the transfer market from them. Talking to Belgian "Sport/Voetbalmagazine" he said:

"I don't want to come across as arrogant, but I think I created this market. Football has become show and entertainment. In the 25 years I've been active I invetend the football market. By now it's a massive industry which I coloured by never keeping my opinion to myself and by always having the back of my players."

He goes on to call FIFA "corrupt monopolists" with "incompetent leadership" then goes on to kind of outline his plans. "Option 2 [...] - create a new system so you'll always have a choice. That's what we're currently working on. FIFA is FIFA, good luck with that. Down the road we don't want anything to do with that. We'll do it ourselves. FIFA is done, the old system gone. This is the beginning of a new era, we are the foundation of that. It's time for a revolution."

Along Jorge Mendes (Gestifute), Jonathan Barnett (Stellar) and Roger Witmman (ROGON) he founded the Football Agents Forum (FAF) and they want their system to be ready in two years time. "Clubs will have a choice. E.g. I don't understand why the transfer of a player from Twente to Verona has to go through FIFA. We can do that ourselves in Europe. If a players transfers to the MLS, then it's done under MLS rules, not FIFA's. They want control and a part of the money. FIFA is all about power and money. They're not interested in football." Says in the future FIFA will be obsolete and they themselves know that.

He himself wants to "create a better football world and force everyone to think more critical. If I could decide, the current transfer system would be gone immediately. We get a cut of players' wages and when we get rid of the current system clubs will have more money left to buy, I think. The current system is human trafficking."

That's the takeover of the superagents.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/raiola...em-ist-menschenhandel-ldquo-/view/news/354173

FIFA not coincidentally have talked about capping agent fees on transfer deals.

Agencies have talked about legal action, absolutely baffling how it’s still an unregulated market with so much blatant corruption.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Difficult to see how legally fess can be capped. A solutely the wrong thing to do from a moral and ethical perspective but legally gonna be tough

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Doesn’t he have due payments in case of future sales with De Ligt and Haaland?

Raiola must be one of the top earners in football over the last 20 years.

Pogba as well. He bought Al Capone's villa after the agent fees from United, rumoured to have recieved 20m of the 90m fee. He must have made a fortune in shipping Zlatan all over Europe these years too.

Likely Pogba will leave this Summer and he'll pocket another hefty agent fee.

thumbnail

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I love the story of him meeting Ibra. :lol:

The guy is a genius at his job & can handle all these egos perfectly. You also never really here him screwing them over like a Don King type. His players stay for him for decades... the complete career cycle.

The story about Ibrahimovic’s first meeting with Raiola bears retelling. The Swedish striker was at Ajax and he had received an overture from Raiola via his team-mate Maxwell, a Brazilian left-back whom Raiola represented then and now.

Ibrahimovic told Maxwell to inform Raiola that, if the agent had something specific to put on the table, he would meet him; otherwise, he was not interested. The message came back from Raiola. “Tell this Zlatan to go and **** himself.” Perversely, it struck a chord with Ibrahimovic, who had grown up around this kind of attitude.

The meeting was set for the sushi restaurant at Amsterdam’s swanky Okura hotel and Ibrahimovic wore Gucci and parked his Porsche outside. “I didn’t really know what sort of person to expect, probably some sort of pinstriped fella with an even bigger gold watch,” Ibrahimovic said. “But who the hell turned up? A bloke in jeans and a Nike T-shirt – and that belly, like one of the guys in The Sopranos.”

Raiola, in between stuffing himself with enough food to feed five people, according to Ibrahimovic, produced statistics that showed how far his lunch companion was lagging behind the leading strikers of the day. He told him to sell his car and his watches. Hard work, he added, would be everything. The material things would come on the back of playing success.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/09/mino-raiola-agent-manchester-united

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom