• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger To Return?

GDeep™

League is very weak
I like the “as long as he doesn’t have anything to do with transfers” posts.

Like his transfers weren’t the best transfers we’ll ever see at Arsenal.

Our transfers since Wenger left have been terrible, Leno aside.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Bring him back in a Cruyff role like he had at Ajax, rather than a specific role as director of football.

He should basically run the club rather than given a tiny job remit, he’s one of the greatest football minds of all time.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I would absolutely love this.

Arsène Wenger is Arsenal through and through, and he has the intelligence and class to lend his voice to what is a major rebuilding project.

Also, he is partially to blame for our situation as well, so him coming in and being a supporting figure to Arteta's revolution is something I would sign up for.

I'm confident he would give Mikel the space to stamp his authority on the first team, how its designed and built. This is a man who understands the importance of respecting leadership and realising that its bigger than he himself.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

We’re doing worse without him after we ousted him, ofcourse he enjoys it :lol:

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Honestly don't k ów what to think about this. I love the man. What he's done for the club l.... how he changed our style of play, our identity, even our expectations of what good football is. Add in the a Invincibles, how he kept us in the CL throughout the lean years prę and post move to Emirates and the man is a certified legend. Will never hear a bad word said against the man (and I firmly believe there's a special place in the deepest pit of the hottest part of hell for some of the AFTV ****** for how they talked about him towards the end. As for the idiot who arranged the plane.... )

But....

Time moves on. Wenger is a legend but is he the type of person ality to take a back seat and not get involved with the team? I'm honestly not sure. The man cares about the club - sometimes too much - and am not sure he could ever take a back seat.

Like I said, torn about this

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think it will be a bad move.

One of the biggest reason man utd are in this mess is because they allowed Fergie to make some critical decisions relating to the club after retiring.

plus we don't want any manager of Arsenal to be under his shadow

Last edited:

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Wenger lives & breathes Arsenal, he didn't do the best transfers & lost his best by the end but that comes over time, if he volunteers to come back and/or is offered a position here there is no doubt I'd welcome him back.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think he is just getting his stature tbh...the real question is though, which famous Arsène image should be cast in bronze...

wenger5.jpg

75326.jpg

comical-wenger.jpg

aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudGhlc3VuLmNvLnVrL3dwLWNvbnRlbnQvdXBsb2Fkcy8yMDE4LzA1L25pbnRjaGRicGljdDAwMDQwMzk1ODg0OC5qcGc.jpg

i

EqVcPDp.jpg

So many to pick from, would probably pick this one...

WhisperedSaneGeese.gif

...look how happy he is :D

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Think he is just getting his stature tbh...the real question is though, which famous Arsène image should be cast in bronze...

wenger5.jpg

75326.jpg

comical-wenger.jpg

aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudGhlc3VuLmNvLnVrL3dwLWNvbnRlbnQvdXBsb2Fkcy8yMDE4LzA1L25pbnRjaGRicGljdDAwMDQwMzk1ODg0OC5qcGc.jpg

i

EqVcPDp.jpg

So many to pick from, would probably pick this one...

WhisperedSaneGeese.gif

...look how happy he is :D

stream_img.jpg

This one is pretty solid, though I think the Golden EPL trophy one is the one that should be there.

Either that or this one:

EJACxYbWwAEuT9O

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Wenger lives & breathes Arsenal, he didn't do the best transfers & lost his best by the end but that comes over time, if he volunteers to come back and/or is offered a position here there is no doubt I'd welcome him back.

WHY?????????

Arsène is not Arsenal

You think he revamped himself in His retirement?

He modernized us and football in general but the game evolved past him.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
If they are looking for a return for him then surely there is something they have in mind that they think he could execute better than most.

He’s not coaching the team or signing players, those days are gone.
Hopefully, he'd come in to ensure bums like Raul and Vinai stop utilising super agents for all our deals.

Moleque

It’s irrelevant for Raul. The only people above him in the club’s organisation are the owners. Wenger, a man he was involved in sacking two years ago, is no threat to him. This isn’t game of thrones.

Arsène would likely be joining the club in an ambassadorial role, sitting on the board. He’s perfect for that, but he wouldn’t really have any influence over football operations (in fact, sir chips is rumoured to be on the verge of resigning due to the lack of board influence at the club).

This is more ceremonial than anything else, and given the value Raul places on having people who understand Arsenal at the club, he’s probably the main person pushing for it.
I don't think it will be irrelevant for Raul. I think the Kroenkes respect Arsène because of all he's done for the club. I think if Arsène opposed Raul on an issue, the Kroenkes would back Arsène.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I'd be happy if he comes back but in all honesty, I don't want him to.

I love the man as if he were a family member & I don't want to see him abused for every bad decision/performance associated to the club. We mentally drained this man to no end, he deserves to enjoy life for now.

Our club has too many core issues that are wrong atm, even for Wenger they would be hard to fix. But if he does come back in some capacity, I'll welcome him with open arms

Nom de Plume

I like the “as long as he doesn’t have anything to do with transfers” posts.

Like his transfers weren’t the best transfers we’ll ever see at Arsenal.

Our transfers since Wenger left have been terrible, Leno aside.

He made some sublime deals back in the day.
Latter day, and some of Arsène's transfers were insulting.
I fell out of love with the bloke in 2006.
We have been a basket case for many a season.
Admit that we are Everton/Newcastle levels now.....at the moment

Latest posts+

Top Bottom