• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger To Return?

GDeep™

League is very weak
He made some sublime deals back in the day.
Latter day, and some of Arsène's transfers were insulting.
I fell out of love with the bloke in 2006.
We have been a basket case for many a season.
Admit that we are Everton/Newcastle levels now.....at the moment
So you fell out of love with him as soon as we moved stadium and had to pay off debts, which compromised our ability to compete?

That’s exactly when I fell in love with him, 2006-13 were our golden years.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
So you fell out of love with him as soon as we moved stadium and had to pay off debts, which compromised our ability to compete?

That’s exactly when I fell in love with him, 2006-13 were our golden years.

So you didn't love him from 1996-2006 then :lol:

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
1st time I’ve seen this news! Please bring back the messiah! I will cry tears of joy if this happens. Seriously. Bring back lord Arsène.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

:drool:

This was Arsène at his best...stylin' and profilin' at the top!

Last edited:

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
He made some sublime deals back in the day.
Latter day, and some of Arsène's transfers were insulting.
I fell out of love with the bloke in 2006.
We have been a basket case for many a season.
Admit that we are Everton/Newcastle levels now.....at the moment

He stayed on too long and was too stubborn near the end but bloody hell, this is revisionism.

If you can't recognise just how much Wenger did to keep us in the top 4 during the lean years immediately pre and post the move to the Emirates, you're just burying your head in the sand.

Staying in a 38000 Highbury just wasnt an option if wanted to compete.

We struggled to finance the move - to the point where when we did finally find a willing financier there were two conditions - Wenger stayed on and we retained a substantial balance on our account as collateral.

If the debt alone wasn't handicap enough, shortly afterwards the worst financial crisis since the 20s hit and the projected profits from the Highbury development looked increasingly at risk.

Add in the oil money that hit the league in a big way around the same time and Arsène wasn't so much operating with one hand tied behind his back but trying to juggle while wearing a straight jacket.

The fact we didn't crash and burn during that period is very much to Wenger. In much less challenging circumstances, other clubs form had nosedived after a stadium move. Wenger navigated this and a perfect storm of restricted spending and increased competition in a way, few of anyone else could have managed. Was an incredible achievement.

In later years he might have struggled to adapt to new tactical environment and to the obscene amounts floating around in the game but by God what he did in those tough years can never be overestimated.

TLDR: Many reasons why he shouldn't come back but 'king hell :D

Last edited:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I dunno if People are serious or not anymore...

It is One thing to reminisce but this is just nocouse

Latest posts+

Top Bottom