• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger To Return?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The overwhelming majority of posts here are pro-Wenger.

Why have you posted this buddy?
Not sure mate. Just got a new pup, so overtired from getting up in the night, oh and tending to the scars on my hands.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Everything but top 4 is down

He created the slope we are on with His failure to realize the market and game had changed
No, your failure to realise that concerted negative fan pressure can make even the best of managers underperform.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The AM fam at full force again, no shades of grey, just pure black or white on anything and everyone :lol:

I'm for one are certainly one of the biggest Wenger advocates of this forum, but can still accept certain arguments that simply gave reason for his end, however, saying he's just turned out to be shockingly bad at the end is just the other end of the line here.

Some people make it sound like Wenger was **** as a coaches for a decade whilst he's probably been top 5 in the world even up till the last 3 years of his reign. That guy's been over performing so much, it's actually ridiculous, but it was always bound to happen.

The only difference between Fergie and Wenger was that Ferguson had the ten times easier job and left at a perfect moment to save his image.
What you can give both credit for, is that they've both done the hardest thing for a coach to do, which is to remain at a club for decades and still be on the top.

If you judge Wenger's last 2-3 years, give him some slack for being too reluctant in the market, too trusting on certain players, too good of a character to stand in some players way when they want to take the next step in their careers, but before that add horrible financial support of a devil like owner, a rotten, shameful fan base that stank up the place which made this place unbearable for anyone and a set of players that just weren't good enough as a whole to that equation foremost.

Wenger's only problem at his end was not to be the best of the lot anymore to be able to fight the inner problems at the club, not nonstantly outperforming everyone with what's been given and to have some new coaches coming up that have got great runs with incredible players and a ****load of money for themselves.

Who, name a single coach, has been competing at the top, especially in the PL with the biggest competition and financial edge, for 20 damn years without a real breakdown who's dealt with the same financial conditions.

I ****ing love Klopp and think he's been the biggest overachiever of the last decade, but he's had low patches, he's even been at the very bottom of the BL with Dortmund before being fired. Same for Pep, he's already been in trouble having his team not getting into a small crisis with 10 times the money after 3 ****ing years.

Time is your biggest enemy as a top coach, you need to change the environment constantly.
Spending ****loads every few years to completely rejuvenate the squad helps to tackle that, but it still seems impossible for pretty much any coach - the only one I can think of who fought the odds there for so so long was Wenger.

Last edited:

Manberg

Predator
The AM fam at full force again, no shades of grey, just pure black or white on anything and everyone :lol:

I'm for one are certainly one of the biggest Wenger advocates of this forum, but can still accept certain arguments that simply gave reason for his end, however, saying he's just turned out to be shockingly bad at the end is just the other end of the line here.

Some people make it sound like Wenger was **** as a coaches for a decade whilst he's probably been top 5 in the world even up till the last 3 years of his reign. That guy's been over performing so much, it's actually ridiculous, but it was always bound to happen.

The only difference between Fergie and Wenger was that Ferguson had the ten times easier job and left at a perfect moment to save his image.
What you can give both credit for, is that they've both done the hardest thing for a coach to do, which is to remain at a club for decades and still be on the top.

If you judge Wenger's last 2-3 years, give him some slack for being too reluctant in the market, too trusting on certain players, too good of a character to stand in some players way when they want to take the next step in their careers, but before that add horrible financial support of a devil like owner, a rotten, shameful fan base that stank up the place which made this place unbearable for anyone and a set of players that just weren't good enough as a whole to that equation foremost.

Wenger's only problem at his end was not to be the best of the lot anymore to be able to fight the inner problems at the club, not nonstantly outperforming everyone with what's been given and too have some new coaches coming up that have got great runs with incredible players and a ****load of money.

Who, name a single coach, has been competing at the top, especially in the PL with the biggest competition and financial edge, for 20 damn years without a real breakdown who's dealt with the same financial conditions.

I ****ing love Klopp and think he's been the biggest overachiever of the last decade, but he's had low patches, he's even been at the very bottom of the BL with Dortmund before being fired. Same for Pep, he's already been in trouble having his team not getting into a small crisis with 10 times the money after 3 ****ing years.

Time is your biggest enemy as a top coach, you need to change the environment constantly.
Spending ****loads every few years to completely rejuvenate the squad helps to tackle that, but it still seems impossible for pretty much any coach - the only one I can think of who fought the odds there for so so long was Wenger.

Wenger underachieved in the second half of his reign, failing to win the title... even Leicester won it in that time. His Arsenal teams would often get outfought and sometimes spanked by what was on paper average Man Utd teams.
Utd were struggling before Ferguson and during his first couple of years, so I’m not sure what you mean when you say he had it easy.

Arsenal were a big club before Wenger it’s not like we came from nothing, there were great players in the side when he joined too. Wenger also underachieved in the sense that he wasn’t able to win the champions league or win back to back titles despite having a squad that could, on paper, match any in Europe at the time.

Wenger did receive big investment, to bring players like Vieira and Henry over... it wasn’t cheap. He even received investment in his latter years, such as the money spent on guys like Özil, Lacazette, Mustafi, Xhaka, Auba etc... yet despite having a greater squad cost, he eventually let Sp**s overtake us in the league.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Why do people aggresively have to take one side in this fan base? Can't you take from both sides? It reminds me about when people thought they had to pick between Emery or Özil, when in fact I thought they were both not doing a good enough job for what was expected of them.

Wenger revolutionised the PL and achieved some great things for this football club. But in the remaining years of his tenure here he got embarassed on multiple occasions and it was time to go. I dont care if we didnt soend enough money, no team should be losing 10-2 to Bayern on aggregate, being thrashed 6-0, 7-1, 8-2 etc. Thankfully he somewhat atoned for these embarassing results by getting us some trophies before he left.

Lets just move on, he did so much for us but then he rightly left the club.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

What breed is it? You strike me as a Labrador or Spaniel type. Now don’t lie to cover up how easy you are to read. I want the truth.

I wanna kn0w what it's called, says a lot about a man based on their dogs name.

Any breed for me works though because dogs are all special.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I don't think there were many fans in the 17/18 season that thought that Wenger should continue. At the same time many of us were still of the opinion that there wasn't many managers that could do a much better job than Wenger. There was a feeling among some supporters that ANYONE could do a better job, obviously that's proven not to be the case though that was obviously an extreme opinion by frustrated fans who were letting their frustration cloud their judgement. The club didn't prepare for exit properly which in hindsight has helped contribute to the position we find ourselves in now.

I think 2017 FA Cup final would have been the perfect time to go but there was no plan in place, Wenger tried to make what he helped was the best decision for the club by staying on until the right structure was in place to replace him. In the end the board messed it up all the same.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

What breed is it? You strike me as a Labrador or Spaniel type. Now don’t lie to cover up how easy you are to read. I want the truth.
Sorry bro, border collie cross breed. He knows I'm not the sharpest tool in the box already. Goes for the rug corner or the sofa legs and I'm over to him and off my phone in an instant!. Pavlovs dogs in reverse.:lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I wanna kn0w what it's called, says a lot about a man based on their dogs name.

Any breed for me works though because dogs are all special.
Has a few beginning with F. Nothing I can repeat on here without getting banned.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Sorry bro, border collie cross breed. He knows I'm not the sharpest tool in the box already. Goes for the rug corner or the sofa legs and I'm over to him and off my phone in an instant!. Pavlovs dogs in reverse.:lol:
Had a Collie/german shepherd cross before. She had senses that can't be explained. When I was down she'd just appear and push her head into my legs. Make sure you get it used to the tooth brush and nail clipping asap, it'll save you lots of money and a world of bother.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

It’s not forgotten but Wenger has too much class to be some fake figurehead - he’s already an ambassador of Arsenal doesn’t need a title.

Too much of a boss to be told what to do by Edu also, he used to bench that guy. (I don’t fully know or understand the hierarchy but still, f*ck that)

I think he enjoys being a fan nowadays anyways.
Surprisingly a decent post from you.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Rennes have apparently offered him full control as DoF and President. They have rich owners. It must be tempting.

say yes

forum master baiter
Changed my mind. Don’t want big Wengz back at the club.

Nothing against the great man, but his stans are just so boring. Forgot how nice it was reading this forum without his legacy being argued over on every page.

Top Bottom