• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pape Gueye

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We are being linked to Papa Gueye by some outlets. That's more like it.

He seems a class talent, tried to watch a few Le Havre games just because I’ve heard big things about him.

Saw him run the show against Troyes a couple of weeks back and against Guingamp before Christmas. He’s actually captained them a few times despite being very young.

He’s got an excellent long ball and passing range, he seems really calm and knows when and where to move into space to receive the ball. The level is pretty far below the PL though obviously.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He seems a class talent, tried to watch a few Le Havre games just because I’ve heard big things about him.

Saw him run the show against Troyes a couple of weeks back and against Guingamp before Christmas. He’s actually captained them a few times despite being very young.

He’s got an excellent long ball and passing range, he seems really calm and knows when and where to move into space to receive the ball. The level is pretty far below the PL though obviously.

Left footed also. Xhaka replacement maybe?

I'd like us to get Matheus Henrique also. Would seriously increase our technical quality in the centre of the pitch.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'd like us to get Matheus Henrique also. Would seriously increase our technical quality in the centre of the pitch.

Yeah he looks very similar to Xhaka, maybe could be better positionally without the ball and in the tackle long term.

He does look very skinny to me though, he’s got decent height but compared to Granit who is a bit of a unit he’s physically not there.

Needs to smash the weight room big time if he came here.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Do we need another inexperienced but talented CM from Ligue2?

In my opinion we need someone who is a little more proven, someone who can give us some strength, speed and physicality.

Bloodbather

Established Member

In my opinion we need someone who is a little more proven, someone who can give us some strength, speed and physicality.

Haven't seen him play, but I wouldn't write him off simply because he plays in Ligue 2. That league produces a lot of talents that go on to become great players later on.

Leicester acquired Riyad Mahrez from Le Havre when they were in Ligue 2, and N'Golo Kanté had only spent one season in the top flight (in a lower mid-table team) when he joined Leicester.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Haven't seen him play, but I wouldn't write him off simply because he plays in Ligue 2. That league produces a lot of talents that go on to become great players later on.

Leicester acquired Riyad Mahrez from Le Havre when they were in Ligue 2, and N'Golo Kanté had only spent one season in the top flight (in a lower mid-table team) when he joined Leicester.
Yeah. United got Pogba from Le Havre too IIRC

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

I wasnt writing him off, I'm talking about needing an established player now, someone later on in their development

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Would be very smart transfer i read so much positive things about him we lack height and someone strong that can bully people in midfield. For 6m its no brainer specially if we got another experienced mid if we sold xhaka in summer.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I wasnt writing him off, I'm talking about needing an established player now, someone later on in their development

I get your point but I think our finances will require us to pick up talent like this rather than splash big on a proven experienced player. Even if we do sell Xhaka, Laca, maybe Auba too, we will need to spend big on a goal scoring winger, assuming Martinelli moves to CF. Possibly a RB depending on what Soares does and maybe a CF unless we go with Martinelli & Nketiah.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He gives strength, speed and physicality. He will be worth 40 million in a year's time if he moves to another club. Getting him now makes so much sense.

Your boy Matheus can really beat a press. I don't know about Gueye. Doesn't look very impressive from youtube clips but I wouldn't mind him at 5mil. If he pans out and reaches 3/4 of Viera talent we'd have quite a player. I also wouldn't mind a physically imposing MF

Latest posts+

Top Bottom