• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Great Squad Cost Thread

Squad cost?

• Total voters

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
18 January 2015 we beat City 0-2 away from home...
4th April 2016 we beat Liverpool at Anfield 1-4
We drew to United at Old Toilet 1-1 a few weeks later...

Embarrassed??? Seriously deluded fans up in here.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The reason we never reach a higher level is because we kept selling players for less than they were worth. Liverpool sold a washed up Torres for 50 million and we got half that for the best player in the league.

Us and Liverpool have been selling our best players for years but we sold them for pennies then never reinvested in the squad and Arsène had to replace class players with muppets. Klopp got 150 million for Coutinho who isn't even that good.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The reason we never reach a higher level is because we kept selling players for less than they were worth. Liverpool sold a washed up Torres for 50 million and we got half that for the best player in the league.

Us and Liverpool have been selling our best players for years but we sold them for pennies then never reinvested in the squad and Arsène had to replace class players with muppets. Klopp got 150 million for Coutinho who isn't even that good.
Been saying this for a while. Pool would have got 100M for Ramsey before he run his contract down!

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Highest spending clubs this decade:

6ojbkr3u3s541.jpg

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Been saying this for years but most people don't seem to understand how football works. Fans put too big an emphasis on managers and can't see beyond it. Add to that their failure to understand the impact of money on the'odds' of winning in the long term and that's why a superb manager like Wenger got so much abuse.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I'm not Dennis. I think its either Manberg or Trilly.
@Manberg @Trilly
I'm not Dennis. I think its either Manberg or Trilly.

But what is your opinion on squad cost now? You like to chip in with actual football thought instead of constant bullying?
Hasn't this season showed SC isn't the be all and end all as claimed on here? Leicester, Arsenal and Sheffield United showing how much a manager influences league position.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
@Manberg @Trilly

Hasn't this season showed SC isn't the be all and end all as claimed on here? Leicester, Arsenal and Sheffield United showing how much a manager influences league position.
I never seemed it claimed that it's the 'be all and end all'. Where are you getting this stuff from?

Money increases your odds of winning long term, and will roughly say where you end up. Look at the top teams in the EPL for spending City, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Sp**s. Look at their finishing positions over the last few years and what do you notice. Same with Bayern, PSG, Barca, Real, Juventus.

This isn't rocket science. Any team with less money, that has a one good season usually can't sustain it. And any team spending money having a bad season usually rebounds back up into the top 6 fairly quickly

It's clearly a concept that most people struggle with though.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom