• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

progman07

Established Member
We badly need 1-2 mobile and physical midfielders. I'm fed up with Guendouzi fall under the slightest of pushes, rather than driving the ball forward. We also need players in the 25-28 age group.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So as it stands based on rumours:

CB: Gabriel
DM: Papa Gueye
CF: Edouard

Thats about 70 million.

Id like:

CM: Matheus Henrique
and a goal scoring 10. That could be our big money signing.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Debates about Grealish and Maddison? Nah let's sign some actual ballers. Ihattaren as the heir to Özil and Benrahma for LW. Would also be supportive of signing Edouard.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Watching Brentford Leeds, best player on the pitch is that Phillips kid. Not the first time I’ve watched him and been impressed. Must for me.

Wryer

Maddison would be perfect as a creative 8 or a 10, better than Grealish imo that is more a wide player, playmaker and ball-carrier, LW. I also think Maddison needs to reach some level that Grealish don't really intend to. I feel like Maddison would be more committed. I just don't know if James would be interested in Arsenal.

I prefer Grealish. He has that x-factor and bite. Leadership qualities too. I would love him as a replacement for Özil. Madison is probably better technically, but I feel Grealish has that something special that can bring the best out of players around him.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Feels like Grealish would be a huge statement signing. A sign of intent!

But given our financials maybe we will have to get a bit more creative.

Golovin or Szoboszlai. Maybe Zaniolo?

Grealish + Golovin would be an aceptable bet imo.

----------------- CF -----------------
Grealish ----------------------- RW
---------- Golovin --- CM ----------
------------------ DM ---------------

Grealish is much better as LW in fact, but as CM or even CAM I think Maddison and Golovin are maybe better than him, specially as creative 8, in a 4-3-3 formation.

ZwYlWae.jpg

If you look Maddison and Golovin have more rating in shoot, they actually can score goals from that position, Golovin works harder in defense and is better dribbler while Grealish is more a dribbler/runner from the CM position, and not so much passer.

I think Grealish could be a good buy in the LW (one of the best LW of the EPL), while Golovin a good bet for a 4-3-3 even tho he probably isn't at the same level as Maddison (one of the best CM of EPL) for now, still a good bet that actually makes sense. 5'11, young, good athleticism, hard worker.

For the others I think Coutinho and Ziyech would be also a good players for Arsenal, but more for the CAM position imo.

Still talking about Golovin, he created 10 big chances in 21 matches as starter with Monaco, not bad. 1.3 Int + 1.9 Tackles for a creative 8 are also good numbers.

HaffBR

https://righttotheverytop.wordpress...-to-play-as-they-did-when-arteta-was-captain/

https://publish.twitter.com/?query=https://twitter.com/VillaTil1Die/status/1227233931189243905&widget=Tweet

I'm OK with Grealish, Golovin, Pape Gueye and Edouard.

I also liked the mention of Matheus Henrique I think he has all the quality to do it in Europe (quick and technical enough with space to improve himself still, he looks a bit like Thiago Alcantara imo) and he is very suited to a possession-based team since he is very good passer of the ball. Gabriel from Lille seems to be a excelent prospect, but I don't think Arsenal needs other CB (it can't be the priority) now with Luiz, Mari, Saliba, Holding/Chambers etc.

With Edouard alongside with Martinelli and Nketiah in the CF position and Grealish in the LW position and I'm OK with selling both Laca and Auba more some CBs to make cash and even Xhaka, if we can move def. Torreira and Gueye as the main DMC of the team. Özil too, he is done imo and cost a lot.

Grealish (Saka) ----- Martinelli (Edouard) --- Pepe (Nelson)
---- Golovin (Willock/AMN) -- Guendouzi (Matheus Henrique or Ihattaren) ---
------------------------- Torreira (Pape Gueye) -----------------------
Tierney (Kola) --- Marí (Luiz) -- Saliba (Chambers) - Bellerin (Cedric)
---------------------------- Leno (Martinez) -----------------------------

We would depend on Pepe's adapting to the PL (talent he has) that Grealish continue his form of this year and with a 4-3-3 with a Golovin, Guendouzi and let's say Matheus Henrique the team would be more comfortable and stable in the ball and out of the ball with a much better shape. Of course hoping that Edouard and Martinelli in the CF position will be good enough to find good positions in the area, which I believe.

TOP6 side in potential to be a regular TOP4 side in 2 or 3 years (since a lot of players there are still about to peak/27 years old) Grealish would be 25, Torreira 24, Matheus 23, Guendouzi 21, Pepe 25, Tierney, Saliba, Gueye, Martinelli, Edouard, Saka, Nelson, Willock...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In any case, Arsenal should have the option of aligning a good 4-3-3 (which they don't have today) and strengthen enormously the quality
and the depth in the midfield and in terms of ball retention, Martinelli and Auba can't retain the ball you can't field both in the wings like in the last match.
Now, if Grealish is about to cost a lot and Arsenal can't afford it Benrahma could be a option, not as good and not as fit in the Arteta's Arsenal scheme as Grealish probably, still could be a good option, kind of wildcard, but could turn it in a good business for 15 million.

The ones of Ihattaren aren't good enough to Arsenal for now, his role needs much more maturity and he would be Arsenal and PL level only in the end of 2022 or 2023 more or less imo. Arsenal needs a player now, can't rely one more second in Özil. The dutch would be good, but a Maddison, Golovin, solid creative 8/10 type of player is needed, if Arsenal can afford both, I'm all for it since I rate the dutch-moroccan and one of the world's next great playmakers.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'm hoping for three big signings and some depth. CB, CM and LW need a quality upgrade.

Something along the lines of:
CB: Aké (alternatives: Martinez, Zagadou, Dias)
CM: Aouar (alternatives: Golovin, vdBeek, Foden? if Aouar goes to City)
LW: Graelish (alternatives: Mahrez? honestly don't know can only think of RW's but we have Pepe)

Probably about €50m each.

Then we could do with some talented purchases for depth at RB, DM and possibly ST (depending on whether Nketiah is considered as back-up striker). Probably should get a cheap GK in as back-up for Leno. I'm thinking Gueye (like the look of him, other options like Camavinga and Soumare will be significantly more expensive, perhaps Phillips of Leeds) and Bogle. Possibly Edouard, again depending on Nketiah.

To fund all this: Lacazette (€40m, £180k), Mkhitaryan (€10m, £140k) Özil (€5m, £350k) Guendouzi (€40m, £40k) Elneny (€10m, £50k) Chambers (€25m, £50k) Mavropanos (€5m, £25k) Mustafi (€10m, £90k) Sokratis (€10m, £90k) Soares (free) Ceballos (free) Xhaka (€40m, £100k)
= €195m, ~£1.1 million/week.

In: Grealish (€50m, £90k) Aouar (€50m, £120k) Ake (€50m, £100k) Edouard (€30m, £50k) Gueye (€6m, £25k) Bogle (€10m, £25k) GK (€5m, £25k) + £50k raise for Auba
= €201m, ~£485k/week

Grealish - Aubameyang - Pepe
Saka - Edouard / Martinelli - Nelson

Aouar - Torreira - Willock
Smith-Rowe - Gueye - Maitland-Niles

Tierney - Aké - Saliba - Bellerin
Kolasinac - Mari - Luiz / Holding - Bogle

Leno
GK

Think this is somewhat realistic. I can see Xhaka staying and occupy Willock's spot though. In that case perhaps we can't afford Edouard. Might even have some more funds available to upgrade Gueye to Camavinga / Soumare.

Ideally, I would also replace Kolasinac (he's on high wages and defensively suspect) with a talented player in the mold of Jamal Lewis or another talented player. Perhaps also replace Holding with Ben White if he doesn't show signs of returning to his old level. Seems like I'm already stretching what's realistic though, so perhaps that's too much. Still saving about £25 million/year on wages without the replacement of Kolasinac.

HaffBR

Out: Laca, Xhaka, Sokratis, Mustafi, Özil, Chambers, Mkhitaryan, Auba, AMN = hope for 180 Million.

In: Grealish (65), Golovin (45), Pape Gueye (6), Arthur Melo (65), Cavani, Marí (4?), Cedric = 185 million.

Grealish ----- Cavani ----- Pepe
--------- Golovin - Arthur -------
-------------- Torreira ------------
Tierney - Luiz - Saliba - Bellerin
---------------- Leno --------------

Saka ---- Martinelli ---- Nelson
----- Willock -- Guendouzi -----
------------- Gueye ---------------
Kola --- Marí -- Holding - Soares
------------ Martinez -------------

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
In: Koulibailly, Dacoure, Ceballos, Gueye, Sancho. 250m
Out: Mustafi, El Nenny, Kolasinac, Sokratis, Xhaka, Özil, Mkhi, Lacazette. 140m

--------------------------Leno-------------------------
---‐-------Koulibaly----Salibah/Luiz----------
--Bellerin------------------------------Tierney--
---------------Torreria--Dacoure---------------
----Sancho------------------------------Saka-----
-------------------Pepe-------------------------------
------------‐----------Aubameyang

HaffBR

Unpopular opinion here (I forced to do it)

Sancho is a bit overrated and certainly overpriced (not even close to Pepe tho), but nowadays Grealish and Maddison are better than him and he just slight ahead the ones of Pulisic, CHO, Willian.

Impact

Established Member
Sancho is streets ahead of all the players you've mentioned. The closest currently to him is Willian and he is at the end of his career. Potential-wise, CHO can get close but the others?

I actually think Grealish and Maddison are currently overrated due to Premier League bias. Both are good players but neither are elite at this moment in the careers. Sancho on the other hand is.

HaffBR

Sancho is streets ahead of all the players you've mentioned. The closest currently to him is Willian and he is at the end of his career. Potential-wise, CHO can get close but the others?

I actually think Grealish and Maddison are currently overrated due to Premier League bias. Both are good players but neither are elite at this moment in the careers. Sancho on the other hand is.

PL is a different league. Bundesliga is way more open and soft.

If we go by ratings (whoscored)
Grealish as a forward (FWL) is averaging 7.82 (12 matches in the PL) while Aston Villa 6.69. Sancho as a forward is averaging 8.07 (19 matches in the Bundesliga) while Dortmund 7.
Grealish according smarterscout is being more productive in terms of offensive contribution (PL stardand), ball retention and he is better dribbler than Sancho. Sancho can be more productive than Grealish, but I'm not sure for now.

Maddison is a elite CM, one of the best in terms of offensive contribution in his position. He is a likely a better dribbler than Sancho too.

I would say Sancho is not much better if something than CHO and WIllian.

I prefer buy Grealish + Maddison or Grealish + Golovin with his money.

oh to be a goon

In: Aouar, Upamecano, Pape Gueye, Mari
Out: Aubameyang, Sokratis, Mustafi, Mavropanos (loan)

I have a feeling Chaka will still be here at the start of next season. He is too well liked by the players and a leader in the squad. We have a lot of young players and need experienced leaders.
Özil is a question mark. If he stays I would like ESR to go back to Huddersfield. Özil should be back up to Aouar, while ESR is already Huddersfield's main attacking player. A full season of being a key player who all attacks go through would be massive for him. Eventually takes Ozils backup spot.

I really only see one of Auba or Laca leaving and Laca is the one that seems to be more of the CF that Artetas style demands. We have other speedy finishers, but no other hold up target men. If both leave we will need a new first team CF, and I can't think of any experienced, affordable options considering the other purchases we need.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Sancho on the other hand is.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Sancho came here and turned out to play at around the same level Maddison and Grealish are at.

The bundesliga is a joke sometimes.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just saw the Eduoard guy you’re all talking about miss from like 2 yards out. Laca could never x

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I havent always been on the Grealish train possibly due to what he done on Ireland and favoured McGinn (a very good player who I would like here) but I'll tell you what Grealish is a baller. I've watched him a lot in recent weeks and he is the type of player who seems like they will play well in any system and not just a system. This is where in my mind he differs from Madisson.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Just saw the Eduoard guy you’re all talking about miss from like 2 yards out. Laca could never x
I saw it also. He has had two bad misses in his last two games but also played major parts in the two goals today.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom