• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 118,467
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's not a world class defender, but it amazes me how little others rate him, I think he is great.

Was having a shave, while listening to some AFTV on YouTube...it autoplays the next vid, I guess Robbie had a few Newcastle fans on...the Newcastle guy gave his combined 11, he didn't even consider Luiz, just picked 2 Newcastle centre backs in it.

Big Dave is a very good defender, does have some lapses in him which are annoying, but is also a real personality/leader on the pitch...European titles, league titles, has been excellent for us too now for awhile.

I guess that knobhead Neville calling him a "PlayStation player" will always stick, as he is definitely better than any Newcastle centre backs ffs :lol:

If he keeps up this form this year (and Auba leaves) would want him as captain, think he and Saliba will be a good partnership.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He's not a world class defender, but it amazes me how little others rate him, I think he is great.

Was having a shave, while listening to some AFTV on YouTube...it autoplays the next vid, I guess Robbie had a few Newcastle fans on...the Newcastle guy gave his combined 11, he didn't even consider Luiz, just picked 2 Newcastle centre backs in it.

Big Dave is a very good defender, does have some lapses in him which are annoying, but is also a real personality/leader on the pitch...European titles, league titles, has been excellent for us too now for awhile.

I guess that knobhead Neville calling him a "PlayStation player" will always stick, as he is definitely better than any Newcastle centre backs ffs :lol:

If he keeps up this form this year (and Auba leaves) would want him as captain, think he and Saliba will be a good partnership.
Nobody likes Luiz even at his time at Chelsea where he won titles with them 2 europa league and CL. Pundits created thesw things they never rate him they always call him error prone its unfair imo

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He is error prone though and he will never live that down. Especially after that Germany defeat.

Saying that, his commitment and effort has been outstanding since he got here, easy to see why he was once a chelsea favourite.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Happy to have him in the team and starting. He's a good player with structure that Arteta has brought.

Don't worry about him at all. Would also like to replace him.

progman07

Established Member
His signing is definitely a win for me. We would be less without his leadership, he built close relationship with both Martinelli and Saka, and I'm 100% sure these things matter a lot, when you are making your breakthrough - a calm and supportive senior player you can always rely on both on and off the pitch.

Maybe these two youngsters would have performed just as well without Luiz, we will never know, but the squad needs a few of his character and experience. Honestly, I even miss Lichsteiner (not his performances though), these kind of players are great for the dressing room.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We could have bought 4 Luiz for the price of Mustafi and still have change!

Don't see how anyone can complain when he adds leadership to the team as well. He's definitely upped his game since Emery went, or Arteta has upped it for him. I said soon after Arteta joined that Luiz was Captain material. He could be next season for sure!

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
His level has improved with the arrival of Arteta tbf, on the ball he always have been some kind of world class but we need to give him some credit he is performing on a good level atm.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
His through ball to Auba reminded me of a Cesc pass to Henry V Middlesborough in a 5-1 or 5-0 win. The pace on it was perfect. He sees passes like this all the time and has it in his locker to give the killer ball. The pass was most of the goal. Superb.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes! I'm fan of his passes and general ability on the ball but man he never should have become a CB.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Luiz, Mustafi, Bellerin... all shyte. Luiz at least has something to offer offensively, but you can't hope for that if he's played at CB. CB's need to defend well first. I'd get rid of all 3 asap. Can't be arsed to bump the threads.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He is to blame but not entirely to blame, all our forwards were half dead until we conceded.

We only get away with Luiz and Mustafi if the whole team is at it and let’s be honest our forwards threw the first half away tonight for no reason.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Have we ever had a CB so poor at defending set pieces? Stepanovs, Squallaci and Cygan were dreadful but not even they were this poor at defending set pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom