• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jonathan David

Aevi

Hale End FC
20-year old forward at Gent in Belgium. Has scored 17 and assisted 8 in 24 games this season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I considered joining football index a few months back and the people on their forums were raving about him.

They said he was the superior Canadian talent to Alphonso Davies which I was a bit shocked at.

Not seen anything beyond YouTube but those numbers aren’t to be sniffed at. If we could get him for a decent ish fee I’d be behind it.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I considered joining football index a few months back and the people on their forums were raving about him.

They said he was the superior Canadian talent to Alphonso Davies which I was a bit shocked at.

Not seen anything beyond YouTube but those numbers aren’t to be sniffed at. If we could get him for a decent ish fee I’d be behind it.

What is he though? Looks like a AM, but doesn't seem to have any standout attribute apart from being fast.

Having said that 17 goals from AM and 8 assists is ridiculous. Seems like a Son type.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
False number 9 maybe?

I think we should be developing Martinelli into a centre forward.His nose for goal is in the area.

Looking at compilations and reading reports David is ambidextrous and scores goals arriving late into the box. I think you need to capitalise on his ability to carry the ball and see a pass. He could probably play as an 8 also.

Looking at Gent,its so hard to read. Their manager changes formation every game and David changes position virtually every match. He's played as a lone striker, a second striker in a two, a number 10 in a diamond, left and right wing, central midfield in a 2. Tells you he could be our 8 who scored goals from deep.

benjamin86

Established Member
I think we should be developing Martinelli into a centre forward.His nose for goal is in the area.

Looking at compilations and reading reports David is ambidextrous and scores goals arriving late into the box. I think you need to capitalise on his ability to carry the ball and see a pass. He could probably play as an 8 also.

Looking at Gent,its so hard to read. Their manager changes formation every game and David changes position virtually every match. He's played as a lone striker, a second striker in a two, a number 10 in a diamond, left and right wing, central midfield in a 2. Tells you he could be our 8 who scored goals from deep.
Seems an interesting addition in any of those positions.

Ashybashy86

He looks like he could be a Firmino for us.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Never heard of him, but great statistics and looks to be very quick in YouTube video's. The right profile also.

A versatile attacking option could allow us to not buy a LW and give Saka the opportunity, while still being able to rotate him (with David, or a similar player, and Martinelli). Would require a marquee striker, though, either retaining Auba or spending top money for the likes of Dembele/Werner.

Think it would be the end of Nketiah though (striker options would be Auba - David - Martinelli).

Zaza

Hmmm looks interesting. Think he'll be best at CF/LW/RW.
I don't think he's creative enough to play as a 10/8.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
He's got 8 assists. He can create. We aren't in a position to turn our noses up and say he isn't creative enough when our most creative player is an 18 year old winger playing left back.
You think saka Is our most Creative player? :lol:. Producing numbers and creative is different imo.

Zaza

He's got 8 assists. He can create. We aren't in a position to turn our noses up and say he isn't creative enough when our most creative player is an 18 year old winger playing left back.
Still don't think he's creative enough. Don't mind getting him but not as a 10. Rather we get a proper young playmaker i.e Szobozslai, Aouar, etc.

Is he AMC? If so, he does look like Ramsey in the sense that he seems to know where to be to hurt the opposition. Has a lot of pace. And being linked with Leicester makes you think he has a good potential.

Don't really see him as a striker though from that short video. But who knows.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You think saka Is our most Creative player? :lol:. Producing numbers and creative is different imo.

How so. Give the ball to Saka, Pepe or Martinelli and something happens. They have the bravery to create. Everyone else either doesn't have the ability to provide an assist or create something out of nothing. OR they are stats padders and we have too many of them.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Still don't think he's creative enough. Don't mind getting him but not as a 10. Rather we get a proper young playmaker i.e Szobozslai, Aouar, etc.

Aouar is good, but honestly don't rate Szobozslai as all that. I don't think he is very good off the ball at all. Aouar and David are much better from a defensive and team perspective.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom