• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You maybe hasn't noticed yet, but we have a wannabe Pep at the wheel, and Pep always prefers ballers over athletes.

You don't know what Arteta wants. We can only guess and we will find out by who he buys. The profile of Papa Gueye says a lot.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
He is a very good passer, does add some important physical qualities to their team in the middle...reminds me of Gilberto for us, who had the tactical nous to know where to be on counter attacks against us, rather than Vieira who would just use his power to streamroll through teams...but the likes of Silva and Fernandinho are both very gifted physically too, which is key to the English league.
Thanks for not including Gilberto Silva YT compilations in your post.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Fernandinho seems to be hugely underrated on here as a footballer. I also find the assumption that Arteta wants to mirror Pep disrespectful. Just because both have Barca DNA doesn't mean they want to set out their teams identically. They were quite different as players.

Last edited:

Impact

Established Member
With Xhaka and Guendouzi already at the club, we should pass on signing Ceballos. We need a more athletic/defensively capable player at the base of our midfield. But I hope he can continue his good form into the end of the season.

truth_hurts

Ceballos is our best cm. Him and Torreria are the only two with world class potential in my opinion. We should be pulling out all of the stops to bring him here permanently.

This idea of powerhouses in midfield is quite ignorant. None of the last 3 champions (I'm counting Liverpool as winners) had brutes in midfield. Is Ceballos markedly slower or less aggressive than a Wijnaldum, Cesc or David Silva?

Whilst I agree Xhaka, Ceballos, Özil is too slow and easily bossed physically. It would be Ceballos that I'd keep!

truth_hurts

With Xhaka and Guendouzi already at the club, we should pass on signing Ceballos. We need a more athletic/defensively capable player at the base of our midfield. But I hope he can continue his good form into the end of the season.

I'd play Torreria and Ceballos in there and add a dynamic midfielder to them. Aaron Ramsey would have been bloody perfect.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Ceballos is our best cm. Him and Torreria are the only two with world class potential in my opinion. We should be pulling out all of the stops to bring him here permanently.

This idea of powerhouses in midfield is quite ignorant.

None of the last 3 champions (I'm counting Liverpool as winners) had brutes in midfield.

Is Ceballos markedly slower or less aggressive than a Wijnaldum, Cesc or David Silva?

Whilst I agree Xhaka, Ceballos, Özil is too slow and easily bossed physically. It would be Ceballos that I'd keep!

Wijnaldum is def a better athlete than Ceballos. Cesc and Silva are tiers above Ceballos in terms of ability. At their best they also score and provide assists.

We have too many midfielders in the team with no cutting edge.

Not creative and then they can't even provide consistent cover for the defense.

Slow, weak and lacking ideas in the attacking third.

Not a good combo. Until we get rid of players like Xhaka, Mustafi, Özil and Ceballos we are not gonna move forward.

Özil and Ceballos will always need the perfect formation and opposition to play well.

They don't adapt and can't raise their level when things get tough.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Ceballos has started 7 games and came on as a sub in 4, while playing in a team with zero structure, under Emery and people are adamant that he won't adapt. Lol. If any midfielder needs to be sold its Xhaka. At least Ceballos has some tricks to get by some tackles. Cazorla wasn't lightning fast but was our best midfielder so i dont see why Ceballos can't grow in the same mold.

truth_hurts

Wijnaldum is def a better athlete than Ceballos. Cesc and Silva are tiers above Ceballos in terms of ability. At their best they also score and provide assists.

We have too many midfielders in the team with no cutting edge.

Not creative and then they can't even provide consistent cover for the defense.

Slow, weak and lacking ideas in the attacking third.

Not a good combo. Until we get rid of players like Xhaka, Mustafi, Özil and Ceballos we are not gonna move forward.

Özil and Ceballos will always need the perfect formation and opposition to play well.

They don't adapt and can't raise their level when things get tough.

I in no way shape or form was comparing Ceballos ability wise to Cesc or Silva. I find it bewildering how fans think a player deemed good enough to start for Spain is not good enough to start for or be signed by us!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I in no way shape or form was comparing Ceballos ability wise to Cesc or Silva. I find it bewildering how fans think a player deemed good enough to start for Spain is not good enough to start for or be signed by us!

Didn't Aspas start for Spain? It doesn't matter whether he plays for Spain or not. He isn't good enough and never will be because he can't run.

I'm sick of teams running through our midfield because we have slow players. He also takes so many touches on the ball and will get found out in any tough game.

truth_hurts

Didn't Aspas start for Spain? It doesn't matter whether he plays for Spain or not. He isn't good enough and never will be because he can't run.

I'm sick of teams running through our midfield because we have slow players. He also takes so many touches on the ball and will get found out in any tough game.

No, I do not believe Aspas did or does frequently start for Spain, definitely not in his early 20s. He'd probably offer us more than Lacazette at the moment though.

Time will tell, but Ceballos looks very talented and whilst I agree with you that he struggled to adapt early on and looked shell shocked vs Liverpool, I don't see why he can't adapt? He seemed to be moving the ball more quickly on Sunday.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Also in response to the criticism of him taking too many touches - that’s only a problem if he’s taking those touches due to poor ball control.

That wasn’t the case for Ceballos. It was over-confidence and that can easily be changed by a good old kick up the backside, judging from his last game it’s already happened. He was crisp with his distribution.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If he keep preforming like thos you have to get him in summer look how many times we started attack from Ceballos from deep. He is very talented player if used correctly of course his body could be weak for PL but that will surely improve

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Was really physical today, which was surprising. He's still very slow but he was well positioned today. I thought he was a bit ropey on the ball early on but he got much better. I don't think he will stay beyond this season but I'm impressed with him since returning to the lineup.

WiscoGooner8

I wouldn’t mind buying him permanently, will be better than Xhaka and Guendouzi. Him next to a more athletic DM would be ideal. Don’t think he will stay, though.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He was good today. Not sure though when he and Xhaka kept switching sides. Not sure that helped team structure. It looked like it caused more confusion on our side than on Everton’s.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Got really stuck in today which was great to see. Won a lot 0f tackles and tracked a lot of Everton runners. He made a few loose passes in the first half, but he tightened up and played a beauty into Auba at one point.

Really pleased with him since his return from injury. Think there's another gear in him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom