• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

La Liga Thread

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Real 2-1. Hazard was going nowhere there, looked like he was just going to run the ball out. Bit of a rash decision from the keeper. Quality pen from Ramos though

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
La liga is possibly the most corrupt league ever.
Serie A would like to have a word. Also, the league in my country was so corrupt in the last decade that one of the owners of a team went after a bus with a suitcase filled with money to give the players as an incentive to not lose the game against a direct title rival in the last game and he was caught on tape.
There was 0 shame or any attempt to try and hide it.

Keplaz

Serie A would like to have a word. Also, the league in my country was so corrupt in the last decade that one of the owners of a team went after a bus with a suitcase filled with money to give the players as an incentive to not lose the game against a direct title rival in the last game and he was caught on tape.
There was 0 shame or any attempt to try and hide it.
Serie A is pretty bad, you're right. But La Liga is so biased towards the big clubs.

Which country are you in? That sounds awful.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Which country are you in? That sounds awful.
Romania. A lot of people involved in football here went to prison because of money laundering and corruption, including Gheorghe Popescu, who some of you might remember from the 90's because he played for Spuds and then joined Barca and became their captain.

Keplaz

I don't know how the game can get so dirty. Was the owner with the suitcase of money arrested or fined?
I thought you were in South America. I know places like Colombia are ridiculously corrupt. I didn't know Romania was that bad. Anyone old enough to remember the guy who was killed for scoring own goals at the World Cup?

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I don't know how the game can get so dirty. Was the owner with the suitcase of money arrested or fined?
I thought you were in South America. I know places like Colombia are ridiculously corrupt. I didn't know Romania was that bad. Anyone old enough to remember the guy who was killed for scoring own goals at the World Cup?
He did go to prison, but in 2013 and not because of football:

George Becali was sentenced to 3 years in prison on 20 May 2013. According to the prosecutors, between 1996 and 1999, in the role of administrator of the state's public property land in the Voluntari area, the Ministry of National Defense performed two land swaps with George Becali. The total area of the two traded plots was 0.2889 square kilometers of land. This trade resulted in 892,758 USD of damage to the Romanian state.

We played against his team, Steaua Bucharest, in the CL during the 2007-2008 campaign. Now the team is called FCSB because of some shenanigans between the army and trademark ownership.

If you read about the guy on Wiki, he's absolutely mental, but even with all the wrongdoings and controversial opinions, he still did more for the country than the government, which is incredibly corrupt.

This country is a joke when it comes to the law. The politicians changed it to get immunity so they don't get charged with anything and granted mass pardons to convicted criminals including rapists and killers. You literally can't invent the **** that goes on here. :lol::facepalm:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom