• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryer

He is deceptively strong for such a small lad.

I love his calmness - above all. This masks minor weaknesses in pace (again, not slow but neither blistering fast), inexperience, height. He seems to always make all the right decisions as if he had a top-down view like the fans do.

Don't wanna jinx this but wow.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Would rather he play for Nigeria tbf.

Nigeria could have some team but a lot of guys choose the country they’ve grown up in then don’t really get that many caps. Saka will be competing against Sancho, Rashford, Sterling and who knows who else if he is a LW and goes for England.

Tammy is another one who should have chosen Nigeria too, he’s probably going to be second fiddle to Rashford and Kane for his entire international career now.
My thoughts exactly. Wish they wouldn’t always choose england/France/etc but the benefits that come with the cap are too hard to pass up.

Zaha had to learn the hard way.

Afro Mugo

I love his calmness - above all. This masks minor weaknesses in pace (again, not slow but neither blistering fast), inexperience, height. He seems to always make all the right decisions as if he had a top-down view like the fans do.

Saka's pace is very deceiving. It doesn't look it sometimes on TV because he likes the ball closer to his feet and he knows he's good at dribbling at a standing start so he kinda deliberately slows it down but Saka is quick especially when running with the ball at his feet. It's probably he has slower acceleration in that it would take him longer to reach his full speed.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

In these situations it seems even if there is a sniff England want you, the player will turn down Nigeria etc. There hasn’t been a time where a player has gone on to play for an African country when he was in demand from England.

I’ll guess people connected to England will be telling Saka that his future lies with them.
All about how much you back yourself I guess. The African circuit isn’t as glamorous as the European one.

If I backed myself to start for England then I would probably choose them.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Easy to say from my sofa but I’d definitely pick Ghana where my parents are from. Never in a million years would play for England. Especially how football fans are, no chance.

I’ve grown up in the real world though, growing up in the football bubble, I can see why you’d pick England. However, I just look at what Sterling, Balotelli, French squad have gone through (from their own fans) and think f*ck that.

There won’t be much patience for Saka if he has a bad game or two if he does pick England and manages to get caps.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Is it a minor weakness though? I think its just his running style. He has very good acceleration. He can beat players from a standing start for fun.

Put it this way. How many times have you seen someone catch up to him and tackle him without fouling him?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I hate this take of the situation. Gunnerblog talking about AMN needing to sacrifice for the team. How many years is he meant to sacrifice? He has been shifted around left back and right back for years watching players put in far more mediocre performances all over the pitch in their preferred position.

AMN is better than Guendouzi and we will probably see it when he moves to Crystal Palace and put Guendouzi in his pocket.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I hate this take of the situation. Gunnerblog talking about AMN needing to sacrifice for the team. How many years is he meant to sacrifice? He has been shifted around left back and right back for years watching players put in far more mediocre performances all over the pitch in their preferred position.

AMN is better than Guendouzi and we will probably see it when he moves to Crystal Palace and put Guendouzi in his pocket.
But 3 different managers, who saw him in training every day, used him almost only as a fullback. This reminds me of Welbeck telling that he wanted to play a centre-forward

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
But 3 different managers, who saw him in training every day, used him almost only as a fullback. This reminds me of Welbeck telling that he wanted to play a centre-forward

Three different managers didn't have a fullback had to use him there. What is even stranger is that Arteta's own words have him stating that:

-he can play fb really well
-he is fast, technically gifted and a good passer.
- he can play an am, cm or dm.

It's simply down to training. He isn't training hard enough and it doesn't matter if you are completely mediocre, as long as you train hard enough you will play. It doesnt matter if you have a bust up with the coach, you will play if you train hard. It doesnt matter if you tell the fans to **** off, you will play if you train hard enough. It doesnt matter if you virtually want to give up and end your loan spell as long as you train like an animal you will play. If doesnt matter if you display complete consistency and train hard like Torreira, you will get dropped for Guendouzi. It doesnt matter if you give goals away and get your team mates sent off, you will play every game at CB like Mustafi.

I'm all for the meritocracy but some things just don't make sense to me and the major one is Guendouzi.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Nigeria have a lot of talented players coming up and as an Arsenal fan, I'd want him to choose them. Very likely to qualify for world cups, amongst the favourites for ACN and away from the UK media hype and expected backlash should he ever dare to make a mistake on or off the pitch.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If he carries on like this he could win PoS. He never has a bad game at LB, well not so far. What a talent!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Saka won't be playing LB from start next season i think we'll even use him as LW this season it happen to him because Tierney unlucky injury and Kola not dependable as LB but you have to say it making him a better player and improving him.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Hopefully fans will have the patience and memory of these good spells and teams become more savyy of his presence in the final third, so that he can continue to grow.

He has what Nelson and Eddie have been lacking, which is end product.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Moreover, this is one of the few things I'll give Raul and co. credit for. The club had to force Emery's hands into playing more of the youngsters.

You could still make a case for Iwobi in this team with Arteta, but he funded the Pepe deal, so there ain't much we can complain there.

Goonger

Be interesting if he can replicate his good form when playing as the LW. If Arteta is all about creating overloads & combination then Tierney / Saka with Auba favouring peeling left might set up a tasty left side.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Guess its alot easier playing out of position at 18 & searching for first real pay day.

AMN has been there & done that (under Wenger at LB!) but now 22 should look out for himself. In his position I would be looking at the move this summer.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Guess its alot easier playing out of position at 18 & searching for first real pay day.

AMN has been there & done that (under Wenger at LB!) but now 22 should look out for himself. In his position I would be looking at the move this summer.

???? To where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom