• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R32 1st Leg: Olympiacos v Arsenal | Thursday, February 20 | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Hmmm...

mustafi_funny.jpg

Yes him too. Tho his good runs aren't as good as Luiz on top form. Both equally capable of brainless moments.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think this run has shown how a good manager can improve defensive ability even without new players necessarily.

Despite Emery’s reputation as a defensively solid manager we leaked goals like a sieve, now with Arteta while we’ve not created as much as we’re used to, we’ve only conceded 8 goals in 11 matches.

Obviously Luiz, Sokratis and Mustafi aren’t long term options but with a couple of additions in the middle think we’d be even more solid.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Missed the game. Great win. The mighty Arteta starting to get a grip of this mediocre squad and drill them into shape. Getting individual mistakes out of them though . . . good luck Mikel!

MikeVinna

Established Member
Glad to see Laca scoring again. Seems Arteta is set on playing Auba on the flank with Laca in the middle so we need Alex contribute with a few goals.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Everybody knows what you get with Luiz. Kos had those moments in him as well, but he left a borderline legend (not in my book and not by some way). Luiz is much the better footballer and has much more to offer in other areas. Is there that much difference when you look at the pros and cons of both?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
How was my boy Willock? Not reading a lot about him amd the sketchy highlights I saw didn't show much. Seemed like he was driving forward a few times but it didn't quite come off.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Everybody knows what you get with Luiz. Kos had those moments in him as well, but he left a borderline legend (not in my book and not by some way). Luiz is much the better footballer and has much more to offer in other areas. Is there that much difference when you look at the pros and cons of both?

Kos at his best, was one of the best man-markers I have ever seen, could completely nullify even the best forwards in the game...while Luiz is a natural leader, that makes the whole team play better when at their best.

People shouldn't underestimate a vocal leader in a team, they can have such a impact during matches...the likes of Saka have spoken about have easy Big Dave has made it for them when playing out of position, he is constantly taking charge which takes the pressure of other players and makes them play better...don't think Kos ever had this impact as good as he was, as he always played best when he had Per barking orders beside him...not a slight on Laurent, some people are just naturally quiet, you need a good mix of both in a team.

As harsh as it is to say, we probably don't have any club legends in the Emirates era...with the history/players we have had, the bar for someone to join our legends club is incredibly high imo...Kos achieved some great things here and at his peak was a great player, but compared to the likes of Tony Adams, Kos just can't be put into that same category.

I have three levels for footballers...
1. Ex Players (any footballer who has played for a club, makes it at least to this level).
2. Cult Heroes (a player makes it to this level if they have achieved something special with the club, Kos would go in here for me).
3. Club Legends (this level is reserved for players who are so linked to the club's history, that you can't think of the club and not think of the player...eg Adams, Henry etc).

Obviously everyone has their own way of grading a player's performances, and it's difficult to grade players you never watched...but as I said, with our history it takes something truly amazing to be a club legend...take Ramsey, if he played for Sp**s and achieved for them what he did here, he would be considered arguably their best ever Premiership era player...while just compared to other midfielders at Arsenal, he would be quite a way down the pecking order...that's the levels of our great club.

Last edited:

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
How was my boy Willock? Not reading a lot about him amd the sketchy highlights I saw didn't show much. Seemed like he was driving forward a few times but it didn't quite come off.

I still think he is not the player we should rely on bar some cup matches, think he will never be ready to play in the first eleven not excited by him. but ofcourse he is still young and we need to give him some doubts.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Let me tell you, this game made me appreciate Pepe and Özil a whole lot more. Save for Saka, Auba and Luiz, this lot has a first touch of a crocodile...:facepalm:

Wagwaan

Wasnt one of his best games. Brought a lot of energy but it wasnt quite coming off for him on the night. Bar a nice dink to Laca for Laca's chance in the 1st half he had a quiet night.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I still think he is not the player we should rely on bar some cup matches, think he will never be ready to play in the first eleven not excited by him. but ofcourse he is still young and we need to give him some doubts.
Wasnt one of his best games. Brought a lot of energy but it wasnt quite coming off for him on the night. Bar a nice dink to Laca for Laca's chance in the 1st half he had a quiet night.
Thanks guys.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We need to win this cup at all costs we will not make CL via EPL, hopefully everybody will be concentrating on that.

Manberg

Predator
I think it will be comfortable, and dare I say, easy at home. Olympiakos are the type of team who performs well beyond themselves in front of their own crowd. Even then, they were all huff and no substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom