• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Sounds strange but Emery might have been necessary, Arteta straight after Wenger would have been too much for the players and fans I suspect.

Emery completely f*cking up the base I think put less pressure on Arteta.
Arteta personally wasn't quite ready for it I think. An extra year of experience helped him

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Feels like so far so good.
Was a bit worried that those draws might continue into a loss of momentum and good feeling.

Feels like Arteta is really making a big difference

GoonerJay24

He got the lineup wrong last night I thought, don't understand why he persists with Aubamayang outwide, we need him as striker.

I like his passion and enthusiasm so pleased with the start but still not fully convinced

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

My expectation is a completely revitalized team next season — smart and shrewd investments through the summer, full preseason and no European nights to **** up the league schedule.

hang on, we’re winning the EL so never mind :lol:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Didn't Wenger lose his first European game in charge? Against a Greek team.
Off the top of my head, I thought his first European game was defeat to Mönchengladbach... I think PAOK Salonica knocked us out the year after... Yeah, it didn’t go well early doors. And then we moved to Wembley... :facepalm:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

He got the lineup wrong last night I thought, don't understand why he persists with Aubamayang outwide, we need him as striker.

I like his passion and enthusiasm so pleased with the start but still not fully convinced

He doesn't see Auba as someone who can link up play from up front. I doubt it's his ideal lineup but it's what he thinks is best with the squad we've got

At the moment we play Auba cutting in, Saka overlapping and Xhaka filling in left back. With different players next season we won't play this way

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

I understand the decision to play with Auba outwide just because Laca is a better fit to hold up the ball well and link up with the midfielders and player on the left and right, its just like a lot of teams like to defend deep which make him a better fit.

Auba has played on the left before at St Etienne and at Borussia should not be a big deal.

The squad in general lack all balance everywhere over the pitch. A bad shopping in last 4-5 transfers window has put us into this situation.

Hopefully a better work between manager and those who buy players will be established next summer and manager wishes will be respected to good level!

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Arteta's has a tough test on 05/02 Arsenal vs. Liverpool.
If Liverpool go undefeated until then Arteta will have to engineer a W.
to honor the memory and legacy of Arsène Wenger.
I don’t venture onto Twitter often but when I do it’s usually a bloodbath. There are some so-called Arsenal fans of the opinion that Arsenal fans who want Liverpool to lose and for both our records to remain intact, are pathetic, and are somehow exactly the type of fans our owners want, because a small time mentality suits their lack of ambition... or something. I know, it mutated from just an innocent wanting another football team to lose, to those fans being somewhat cancerous and the reason why we’re sh!t. If that’s not a case of self loathing and masochism then I don’t know what is. The irony is sublime as well.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
So far, he's doing what the Mourinho fans wanted Mourinho to come here and do. So what they've got instead, is a manager actually capable of doing the job, with charm, zero cvntishness, with elite hair and looks. Eveyrone must be happy?
So true about the Mourinho stuff, he has completely fixed our defence and made us more solid and less error prone.

Hopefully he can push on attacking wise, we've seen some improvements as of late.

GoonerJay24

I understand the decision to play with Auba outwide just because Laca is a better fit to hold up the ball well and link up with the midfielders and player on the left and right, its just like a lot of teams like to defend deep which make him a better fit.

Auba has played on the left before at St Etienne and at Borussia should not be a big deal.

Teams don't necessarily need to have a striker that links play as long as their movements are clever and teammates are supporting play well

Sometimes playing with Auba out-wide is like having lesser players. It should be Pepe and Martinelli flanking Aubamayang upfront.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sounds strange but Emery might have been necessary, Arteta straight after Wenger would have been too much for the players and fans I suspect.

Emery completely f*cking up the base I think put less pressure on Arteta.

Emery was the hero we needed, rather than the hero we deserved...

...or the hero we deserved, not the hero we needed.

Either way, I am glad we have Arteta now!

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Massive difference this guy has made.

F*ckng love him

I saw a stat somewhere that since Arteta has been appointed, we've conceded the fewest shots to counter attack. Crazy if true

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom