• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Best dribbler of the team, easily. Add creativity and incisive runs, also great pass and shoot. His decision making is questionable, but he is too much creative to be benched and can still improve. Auba is not creative, he is more a poacher, one touch scorer, tap-in master. Martinelli is very dangerous in the 1/3 of the pitch, creative there, but spend a lot of energy out of this region of the field and can't deal with stronger defenders in the moment, he is wasted in the wide position, the Brazilian is better as a mobile striker.

Ideal.

Auba ==== Martinelli =======
======CAM ===== Pepe ====

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I never had an issue with Pepe. It's clear that the team is disjointed, full of players who don't suit his style of play to link up, and he was struggling to adjust to it all (manger turmoil added onto all of this). Guys are getting healthy and Arteta has given the team guidance on how to salvage something out of this season. He looks like a very promising player to me (once the squad is fixed).

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Didn’t score a Hat trick when he was on, against a lesser side. With the time he had on the pitch, for 70m he should have scored a hattrick. Failure of a signing.
Funnily enough he got himself in a couple of high xG positions.

Off the top of my head he could have had a clean shot at goal soon after coming on if Ceballos had passed instead of shooting. Laca also had the chance to slip him in 1v1 but shot instead.

Fair enough the game was stretched at that point but he found himself in two very threatening positions in the space of 20 mins.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why are we quick to write him off?

It's obvious that this guy is oozing quality. He just needs guidance from the manager. Look at Liverpool and city. Do they give their widemen the ball when he's surrounded by 3 or 4 players and ask them to conjure up chances. That's what we do to Pepe. When he fails to dribble 3 or 4 players he's mocked and called Bebe. How often do you see mane, Sterling, Sane or Salah having to dribble multiple players to create chances. They create chances by their movement and they trust the midfield to find them in dangerous areas. If you watch us play, it's obvious that Arteta is leaving Pepe stranded on the right so as to make us more solid defensively.

Before you criticize him, remember that he has been at the heart of our best performances of the season.

By next season when we are now a settled side, Pepe will shine and he'll prove you wrong.

Mark my words @hydrofluoric acid and @BigPoppaPump

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

It's obvious that this guy is oozing quality. He just needs guidance from the manager. Look at Liverpool and city. Do they give their widemen the ball when he's surrounded by 3 or 4 players and ask them to conjure up chances. That's what we do to Pepe. When he fails to dribble 3 or 4 players he's mocked and called Bebe. How often do you see mane, Sterling, Sane or Salah having to dribble multiple players to create chances. They create chances by their movement and they trust the midfield to find them in dangerous areas. If you watch us play, it's obvious that Arteta is leaving Pepe stranded on the right so as to make us more solid defensively.

Before you criticize him, remember that he has been at the heart of our best performances of the season.

By next season when we are now a settled side, Pepe will shine and he'll prove you wrong.

Mark my words @hydrofluoric acid and @BigPoppaPump

Don't include us all in the "We" I've never doubted him and I'm sure those that do will change their minds next season.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Don't include us all in the "We" I've never doubted him and I'm sure those that do will change their minds next season.
That's why I tagged the two biggest Pepe haters on here

Last edited:

Camus

Trusted ⭐
From my perspective I'm not writing him off but he needs to go up a level than what he's currently showing this season. From your post it seems like you've seen enough in him to warrant your trust and you think it's a wider team issue and not a Pepe issue, that's not the case for me. I haven't seen enough positives from him to back him as he is now. As I said what it would take in a noticeable improvement in his performances for me to do that.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

From my perspective I'm not writing him off but he needs to go up a level than what he's currently showing this season. From your post it seems like you've seen enough in him to warrant your trust and you think it's a wider team issue and not a Pepe issue, that's not the case for me. I haven't seen enough positives from him to back him as he is now. As I said what it would take in a noticeable improvement in his performances for me to do that.
He's shown what he can do, albeit not consistently enough. But I won't heap all the blame on him. He's been played in an unsettled side all season(till Arteta came).

Sure he could do better in his decision making, but the signs are there.

If he's a bum, our opponents won't be sending out 2-3 markers after him each match.

WiscoGooner8

There were a few times he made a run and was just ignored. If Bellerin would’ve got rid of the ball sooner Pepe would’ve been through on goal. I’d like to see him run in behind more and go into the center or on the left at times.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

For whatever reason he’s always playing safe. He can do a lot more but his first touch needs to be out of his feet and I’d like to see him be more direct. He’s playing at no more than 60% of his capabilities at the moment.

Not his game today! Assist and goal is the bare minimum you expect from our most expensive player! So he is at 5 rating today!

I want to see Pepe be in more leading role! Can he do it?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Not his game today! Assist and goal is the bare minimum you expect from our most expensive player! So he is at 5 rating today!

I want to see Pepe be in more leading role! Can he do it?

tenor.gif

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Shame he doesn't play on the left, with Saka he'd look much better. I've said before that he needs to form a partnership with the RB but Bellerin has been poor this season and AMN before him wasn't ideal either. I want to see him cut in more but that's not happening because Bellerin is not getting forward. Not a great game today but still another assist.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
6 PL assists, same as the likes of Salah and Mane, more than the likes of the Silva's at Citeh and any midfielder at Yanited or Spuds and Maddison at Leicester.

The exciting thing is he'll continue to improve. He's getting the ball in a lot more dangerous areas and it shows. He has deadly pace btw- two strides and he's away.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
6 PL assists, same as the likes of Salah and Mane, more than the likes of the Silva's at Citeh and any midfielder at Yanited or Spuds and Maddison at Leicester.

The exciting thing is he'll continue to improve. He's getting the ball in a lot more dangerous areas and it shows. He has deadly pace btw- two strides and he's away.
Only goals missing from his game he'll be amazing when he start scoring

progman07

Established Member
He is building up the figures quietly. He could and will contribute more to the 90 mins, but he is regualrly involved in our biggest chances and it must be said that he does take more responsibility as time goes by.

What I'd like to see from him is drifting more centrally and helping us keep possession in difficult moments in the games - though it depends on Arteta of course, whether Pepe needs to stay out wide or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom