• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Fair points. As a forward, your runs will always be missed though. The key is to keep making them.

I like him, I just think he’d be more dangerous if he ran in behind a bit more.

Ashybashy86

He's obviously not worth the money we paid, and that's not his fault, but the idiots who decided he was. He's also not a bad player, just not one that suits us. We move the ball too slowly, and teams just sit back. That's not his game. You only need to watch his YouTube compilation playing for Lille.

chessygoal

I will never blame him for trying different things and losing the ball more than other players because he takes mor risks.
But his attitude and lack of intensity is killing me. How many times does he casually jog back after losing the ball? How many easy pass missed because he wasn't focused enough?
And he has absolutely 0 chemistry with Bellerin both offensively and defensively.
Pepe and Arteta have a ton of work to do.

WiscoGooner8

He's obviously not worth the money we paid, and that's not his fault, but the idiots who decided he was. He's also not a bad player, just not one that suits us. We move the ball too slowly, and teams just sit back. That's not his game. You only need to watch his YouTube compilation playing for Lille.
Agreed. I don’t think I’ve seen him use his croquetta move once for us. We are way too slow in attack for him to flourish. His strengths as a dribbler are when he’s at speed. We rarely attack with speed.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Needs to develop his right foot to do something useful. Over reliant on his stronger foot and it is costing us chances.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
His biggest issue and the area he needs to improve for me is releasing the ball and recognising when the dribble isn't on.

He should be passing and making runs in behind when he's not in the final third.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The biggest issue I see is our flat attack that doesn't move at all, that's mainly Laca. A player like him needs movement and someone who will play one-twos on the edge of the box, but Laca is just too static for something like that.
Looks like our only source of creativity atm which is not nearly enough and it even makes things harder for him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Think we saw all his strengths and weaknesses in one game today, just needs some refinement.

I know the system calls for him to stay back but Bellerin really should have went for the overlap a few times. It made it very easy for them to nullify him.

Also Lacazette just stood and watched him a few times. **** knows what’s happened to Lacazette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom