• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R32 2nd Leg: Arsenal (1) v Olympiacos (0) | Thursday, February 27 | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Hold on a second, there's VAR in the Europa league?

I didn't know, but I just saw the highlights from Celtic - Copenhagen and there it is, but there's a OBVIOUS hand ball in our game that they could have easily caught, I saw three replays of it after the first half it's clear as day, and VAR did **** all?

What the hell is the point, this is infuriating!

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

So devastated but it’s not like we played lights out... Auba is gone for sure. Time to get a good summer and a preseason with Arteta and the boys.

I had to sit through this at work, pretending to push paper and basically had a breakdown when that sitter was missed...... ****ing hate football

Manberg

Predator
We have to move on. Players are likely to be deflated, fans are deflated... this could easily have a knock on effect. Got to find motivation for Portsmouth.

bandaid

at the crunch, your GK gifts a goal, and your striker misses one. Tough to have a cushion for that level of rotten luck

Underhill

While the players are obviously to blame for this, i also have to say that the atmosphere at Emirates was lame as hell. Easily beaten by Olympiacos fans. Not sure what happened because it was great against Everton.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Xhaka, Özil and Bellerin were very poor.

Luzi and Mustafi fell to shambles again at another set piece for their first goal.

Pepe was our most dangerous player. Saka and Ceballos played well. PEA goal was excellent.

Arteta has to take the blame here. Nevermind Pep, Arteta seems a clone of Wenger i his final seasons with us:

- We play very good football at times
- We can't defend set pieces
- Arteta has his favourites and that he will always start and always look to sub other players off even if his favourites are playing poorly.
- We aren't getting the results to match how talented this team is.

m-due

Seeing that wonder goal from Auba only to be devastated moments later; dang! It will be tough for Arteta to keep the confidence levels up with the remaining league games. COYG. Let’s see how these players react from here on.

Last edited:

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
You’re delusional if you think Emery gets this team to the final this year. He wouldn’t have beat Newcastle at home.
Emery won the EL 3 times and got one final and your boy Arteta fell short in his first "serious" test.
We'll see how good he is next season, when he doesn't have Auba to bail him out.

Goonerozil33

Tough result. If anything it should help our league form. We have been good when we play weekly once. We don't have a team that can play well in 3 games in a week. Two things stood out.
1. Leno is looking shaky from set pieces.
2. Özil looking close to his best.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Only 7 points off 4th, and Abraham just got injured again...if they lose on Saturday it's back on imo

Mathematically it is possible, but how on earth can you still place your trust in these weak willed players?

They got knocked out by Olympiakos, there's no way we're winning at Molinuex or St. Mary's. I'd rather we finished far outside the Europa League places & just focused on trying to get back into the top 4 without any European distractions, we never do well in Europe at any rate.

Ashybashy86

Tough result. If anything it should help our league form. We have been good when we play weekly once. We don't have a team that can play well in 3 games in a week. Two things stood out.
1. Leno is looking shaky from set pieces.
2. Özil looking close to his best.
Olympiacos gave him time and space because they were not threatened by him. There was a moment in the first half at the edge of the box, he crossed a hopeless ball in, and not one player even moved to close him down. This is our playmaker.

Hindsight is a b!tch isnt it. Maybe Arteta should have rotated after all[/QUOTEIt’s not hindsight, Luiz, Özil and Lacazette have been horrendous all season. Arteta doesn’t trust the youngsters, Saka only playing because there’s no alternative. There’s no way Lacazette should start before Martinelli. Arteta keeps playing players who keep letting us down and we’ve paid the price...

Let's play Aubamawang

It's clear that the players didn't take this game seriously enough. These ties are rarely over after the first leg. But it's really a blessing in disguise. With our league position being where it is, we could do without distractions and excuses.

I just feel bad for the youngsters who will have less playing time now. And how on earth did Laca start before Gabriel? I cannot fathom that decision but it clearly backfired spectacularly. I know he's young, but drop Laca and play him instead. There's no upside with Laca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom