• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

jato

All he needs is better decision making and team-mates who make some decent runs.

How many of our players last year actually took on players directly? barely any.

Even if the end product is not there yet, you can see the impact he has which is a lot better than I can say for some of the squad.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I wish I shared some of your optimism. I fear we've been done by Lille here. I'm not even talking about the price tag. It's everything.

Let's not pretend that this guy wasn't signed based on his numbers in front of goal because this rest of his game is Iwobi.

He does need a right back in better shape than Bellerin making overlapping runs in order to create space as he's struggling badly to do this himself against 2-3 opponents.

lazyfreak

What decision could he make?

His teamates were all blocked by defenders and pretty much standing still, No real movement: drawing the defense apart or run into the box, No going towards P for a quick wallpass
He should've put in a cross when he beat his man the first time. If not then he should've took a shot the second time he beat his man and went on the outside. Thing is, he wasn't capable of doing either because his right foot is non existent! That in itself isn't good enough!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I hope Arteta tell him to stop over dribble and just put a cross when there is opportunity to do so. Need to use him more like they did at Lille he was more as inside forward just like Alexis was with us he very dangerous when he run at defenders with pace.

Ashybashy86

What decision could he make?

His teamates were all blocked by defenders and pretty much standing still, No real movement: drawing the defense apart or run into the box, No going towards P for a quick wallpass
Just drill in a low cross. Sometimes that's what is required, and hope someone can get a touch or ricochet. There was an opening, but he's too reliant on his left foot.

Edit: There was an opening at 0:12 for him to pass with his left foot. Can't tell if his head was up or not, but that could be part of the problem.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
On the positive side, look at the ability... I don't think the problem is not knowing what to do or when to do it. I think he just backs himself to carve out a better opening.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Needs to have a right foot or he can do one as well. He's always showed onto his left, so he's useless if he can't do any damage with his right.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

So much ability, but his decision making leaves a lot to be desired..

When Pepe just kept going, I couldn't get this out of my head during this attack...

Moah

Not one of his doubters admitted he was getting better and better. One game and everyone is back banging the drum to get the "I knew he was ****" award.

Well congrats, it seems like your negativity is paying off because most of us are tired of giving you reasons to be optimistic.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

So much ability, but his decision making leaves a lot to be desired..

Yeah I mean the dribbling was fantastic, and don't get me wrong there perhaps wasn't the *perfect* chance on in the box.

But look what happened when we started peppering their box late on; their defenders started to make mistakes and looked shakier.

To me building pressure begins when you start putting the ball in the box. Pepe had two, three maybe decent opportunities in that play alone, to just lay it into a dangerous area and he should've just played it.

When the opposition is being that defensively stubborn sometimes that's the way you have to try and break them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom