• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Last legacy of the Gazidis era this contract. Him bottling it and giving him the extension despite Wenger’s advice has left us right in the sh*t.

Now we have to try and scrub top four this year and buy someone like Grealish who has a 45M release clause.

Özil is our most creative player right now and he’s well below par, if he really doesn’t want to leave London then loan him to West Ham or Palace.
Based on what?

He's on 2 assists, and only had 3 in total last season. That's dreadful.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
New contract? I read that as agent saying he thinks Özil will easily walk into another top club in 2021 rather than MLS everyone expects him to move to. Probably serie A. Inter or Juve. Wage will probably have to be a lot less than what he's been earning here but he won't starve.
None of juve and inter would buy Özil he been under preformed since 2017 he will be 33 years old.

say yes

forum master baiter
He’s our only midfielder comfortable playing in advanced positions.

He’s been trash but who else is there in the squad?
Being the only natural number 10 in the squad doesn't mean he's our most creative player though.

May as well stick with him given how comfortable he is in possession, but he's an absolute shadow of a top player at this point. Offers about as much penetration as an ice-cream dildo, as fabo was apt to say.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Being the only natural number 10 in the squad doesn't mean he's our most creative player though.

May as well stick with him given how comfortable he is in possession, but he's an absolute shadow of a top player at this point. Offers about as much penetration as an ice-cream dildo, as fabo was apt to say.

Don’t think we’re actually disagreeing :lol:

For now we’re forced into playing him but the club should be looking at two players to replace him in the summer imo.

He’s done.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He’s our only midfielder comfortable playing in advanced positions.

He’s been trash but who else is there in the squad?
Yeah, this.

ESR is on loan and needs the fitness and confidence. Willock has hit a bit of a wall and isn't quite as comfortable higher up. Ceballos is better in deeper positions. Nelson is a potentially good candidate but he's obviously not thought of as an option there. There's literally nobody else unless we scrap the #10 and go for a 3-man midfield - which comes with it's own problems IMO as the options we consider for that type of midfield lacks the dynamism to help the attack (for this, Willock arguably would be a good option but Arteta insists he's a #10).

So yeah, we only really have Özil to play there. If I was Arteta, I'd seriously consider Nelson as an alternative but I really don't think he will.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Looking through some clips from his Real days. No doubt about it, he was elite in his position back in the days.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

That's disgusting. His agent trying to rub it in even more by sprouting **** like us giving Özil a new contract. Like **** off. I'd rather sell Aubameyang to fund a new CAM than give Özil a new contract.

Lost even more respect for him after this. Gives a pathetic performance in a must win game and then gets his agent to release some bs like that. Almost as bad as RVP telling us to just accept that he is going to Man Utd.

Özil will never be a legend at this club. He will be just another Arshavin.
Legend at our club? He will be remembered as the piece of lazy leeching **** he has turned into.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He is a personal fav amongst many gunners,feels like he would get away with murder sometimes
When we bought him he was a player with stature and we hadn’t bought a player like that in a long time. He was well known and played for the world’s biggest club.

His luck was that we got Alexis in, who really elevated our attack. Think many still lean on that memory failing to see that much of his relative success at Arsenal was due to Alexis.

Now Özil has faded into nothing. He is real poverty if we are honest. A bit of jogging, sideways and backwards passes. Think we simply have to leave it to some to continue to live in a dream that really never was.

bandaid

When we bought him he was a player with stature and we hadn’t bought a player like that in a long time. He was well known and played for the world’s biggest club.

His luck was that we got Alexis in, who really elevated our attack. Think many still lean on that memory failing to see that much of his relative success at Arsenal was due to Alexis.

Now Özil has faded into nothing. He is real poverty if we are honest. A bit of jogging, sideways and backwards passes. Think we simply have to leave it to some to continue to live in a dream that really never was.
:rofl: someone ate the bitter yellow snow while sitting in it.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is the level we've plummeted to. We're now making excuses for Özil while rips us off. This is arguably the greatest con of all time.

I've never seen a player give 3 assist per season and still be on 350kpw. I don't really blame the guy though. It's not his fault.

It was that bald feck, Ivan who fecked us.

It's not like clubs were queuing up to sign him back in 2017. No sane club would have paid him that insane wage.

It was a terrible decision, more so in hindsight. Yet with the benefit of hindsight, some Arsenal fans are still defending him.

Banter stuff

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

This is the level we've plummeted to. We're now making excuses for Özil while rips us off. This is arguably the greatest con of all time.

I've never seen a player give 3 assist per season and still be on 350kpw. I don't really blame the guy though. It's not his fault.

It's not like clubs were queuing up to sign him back in 2017. No sane club would have paid him that insane wage.

It was a terrible decision, more so in hindsight. Yet with the benefit of hindsight, some Arsenal fans are still defending him.

Banter stuff
Guess to a certain extent it is better to just make ones peace with the ****ty situation we have been put in with Özil. Personally I always struggle with that though. Like an irritating itch you cannot scratch. But it’s only roughly 16 months to go and then this risible piece of **** of a player is finally gone, we can lock this thread and finally move on. Hopefully that will also take some of his deluded fan boys with it. Doubt many of them actually support Arsenal deep down, but more like to engage in forum trolling and self pleasing. Hopefully there will be some second rate Turkish club forum they can enjoy.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II

Banter stuff
He had that period just before he was offered a deal where he was very good to fantastic for about 7 games. I must admit at that point I said **** it, as long as he is producing something near this long term, who cares about the extra 100k a week. I was open to him getting 350k, even if there’s no way he’d ever truly earn it because what footballers bar prime messi and cr7 does? You could add some players on hot streaks like salah and mane, but that’s it. He had unbelievable leverage at the time and his people took advantage of the situation.

it’s a bit like the Pepe deal. What was he worth to a club far less desperate? Not £72m, most probably. But us? We had to get it over the line, get him producing and forget about it.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He had that period just before he was offered a deal where he was very good to fantastic for about 7 games. I must admit at that point I said **** it, as long as he is producing something near this long term, who cares about the extra 100k a week. I was open to him getting 350k, even if there’s no way he’d ever truly earn it because what footballers bar prime messi and cr7 does? You could add some players on hot streaks like salah and mane, but that’s it. He had unbelievable leverage at the time and his people took advantage of the situation.

it’s a bit like the Pepe deal. What was he worth to a club far less desperate? Not £72m, most probably. But us? We had to get it over the line, get him producing and forget about it.
Stupid Ivan allowed Sogut to take him to the cleaners.

I wasn't really elated when he signed that contract. I was a bit indifferent.

People are giving him way too much credit for that period of form before him signing that contract. It was during the typical Wenger late season form where we usually had title winning form.

He was average for most of the season, but due to playing well in 7-8 games, he was offered that contract.

We need to force him out whatever it takes this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom