• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kysus

Whenever pepe is not in the team my gut is turning preparing for a snoozefest.
He is the only player capable of real magic in our team.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Whenever pepe is not in the team my gut is turning preparing for a snoozefest.
He is the only player capable of real magic in our team.

Huh?

Saka, Martinelli and Aubameyang are the main 3 I’ve seen with consistently hurting our opponents this season.

Pepe either plays it too safe or overcomplicates it. There’s little in between.

He should be in our first XI though.

Kysus

We are lacking so badly in the creative department(unfortunately still) that without Pepe it is just a total grind from start to finish.
Pepe creates chaos, we need more players who can do that.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I was going to say reminds me of me before I done my ACL four times in one week. You can only sit a Man United trialist down a certain amount of times before you have to just put the ball in. If you were on the books of a Premier League club, you were just going to ****ing get it, and that’s just the way it was.
I was being semi serious ffs. :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If this is true we should sell laca and trigger that Werner clause ASAP.
Werner’s clause is only valid if you agree terms with him before April or something like that so that Leipzig have time to replace.

We’ve probably enquired but why would he even join? His current club is better than us and he’s whoring himself out for Liverpool anyway.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
I always liked Sarr. I'm sure I recall him getting slaughtered on here when we played Rennes. Couldn't understand it. But of course, he does well today and we should have got him instead of Pepe :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arsenal fans cry over this 70 mil as if we haven’t been paying Özil 300k per week after signing him for 50 mil to do naff all.
We’re also the same club who let players walk off on a free/for the low.
You guys need to grow up, this constant Pepe groaning is draining, I actually rue the day we ever signed this guy, you’d think he’s f*cked up the entire club.

No single player worth 70m is saving this club from its sh*tness so get over it.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Whoever made the decision to sell Gnabry for £4m and bring in Pepe for £70m should be fired. I know hindsight is 20/20 but that has to be one of the worst transfer decisions in recent memory and they're paid to not make those mistakes. Think Pepe is a decent player but he has a lot to do to live up to the price you paid.

I'd generally be a bit careful about spending big on Ligue 1 players, the gulf between top and bottom there is massive so many players will feast on ****e teams but struggle once the median becomes too high for them.

I think Ligue 1 -> PL/La Liga transfers has the highest percentage of "flops". Pure guesswork though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Whoever made the decision to sell Gnabry for £4m and bring in Pepe for £70m should be fired. I know hindsight is 20/20 but that has to be one of the worst transfer decisions in recent memory and they're paid to not make those mistakes. Think Pepe is a decent player but he has a lot to do to live up to the price you paid.

I'd generally be a bit careful about spending big on Ligue 1 players, the gulf between top and bottom there is massive so many players will feast on ****e teams but struggle once the median becomes too high for them.

I think Ligue 1 -> PL/La Liga transfers has the highest percentage of "flops". Pure guesswork though.

Gnabry agreed to his extend his deal but came back from holiday and went back on his word, asking to leave instead. Bayern had tapped him up it seems, we had to sell or lose for free anyway.

Agree though.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Whoever made the decision to sell Gnabry for £4m and bring in Pepe for £70m should be fired.
Gnabry was sold under Wenger’s watch and he got fired so minus Pepe you got your wish.

He was unremarkable on our right hand side putting in Iwobi type performances, injured a lot and didn’t take his loan moves seriously. Easy to forget this now that he is scoring hat tricks in CL but it is what it is, he was here long enough.

Despite all this, Wenger was desperate for him to stay but he ran down his contract and Bayern were sneaky about how they signed him. Nobody is to blame for Gnabry leaving except Gnabry really.

This 70 mil you guys are crying about isn’t all that in modern football and to be completely honest Pepe’s not even been terrible so far. I wish we had never signed him though as exiting as he could be, he’s just not been given the chance at all.

Hopefully a lesson for Arsenal hierarchy to stick to budget signings in the Martinelli mould so I don’t have to hear about the fee every match week.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

How a West Ham fan is crying about 70 mil Arsenal spent is beyond me anyways it’s ridiculous cause their club is Micky mouse.

How do I set this thread to ignore

Moah

Arsenal fans cry over this 70 mil as if we haven’t been paying Özil 300k per week after signing him for 50 mil to do naff all.
We’re also the same club who let players walk off on a free/for the low.
You guys need to grow up, this constant Pepe groaning is draining, I actually rue the day we ever signed this guy, you’d think he’s f*cked up the entire club.

No single player worth 70m is saving this club from its sh*tness so get over it.

Exactly. I don't understand why people keep crying about him as that makes a difference. He's here for the long term so you can't do anything about it.

And please do tell me if you find out how to put the thread on ignore.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
How a West Ham fan is crying about 70 mil Arsenal spent is beyond me anyways it’s ridiculous cause their club is Micky mouse.

How do I set this thread to ignore

Me: *State opinion on Pepe, nothing controversial*

You: *OMG STOP CRYING, YOU SUPPORT A DIFFERENT CLUB AND IT'S **** LOL THIS THREAD IS *****

Learn to ****ing behave like a normal person.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Gnabry agreed to his extend his deal but came back from holiday and went back on his word, asking to leave instead. Bayern had tapped him up it seems, we had to sell or lose for free anyway.

Agree though.

Fair point, wasn't aware about him getting tapped up. Just looks really ****e on the surface considering Gnabry is arguably as good as Pepe if not slightly better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom