• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Wasn't Swiss Ramble the main one peddling this 45m budget stuff?

I thought this also, I don't think anyone outside the club has any idea what we can and are willing to spend, people make educated guesses ie Swiss Ramble but they also flip flop and backtrack pretty damn quick.

The issue I have with Swiss Ramble is its taken as gospel by everyone just because of who he is, right or wrong I dont know and he knows more than I do :lol:

Iceman10

Established Member
I thought this also, I don't think anyone outside the club has any idea what we can and are willing to spend, people make educated guesses ie Swiss Ramble but they also flip flop and backtrack pretty damn quick.

The issue I have with Swiss Ramble is its taken as gospel by everyone just because of who he is, right or wrong I dont know and he knows more than I do :lol:

It was AST. They have an incentive to create a drama and whinge every summer.

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/arsenal-finances.27847/page-51#post-4873857

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Our gross spend was £46m but yes some Bell Ends claim we cant possibly afford Pepe :lol:

People make the same mistake when we sell a player, like Iwobi for £35m. Its doesn't mean we suddenly have an extra £35m to spend because like us, Everton didn't pay it all up front.
The full 35m is added to the books even if the fee is spread, that's my understanding anyway.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't think this was posted

This article suggests it's an accounting issue and our season ticket delay (CL Vs EL) until after EL final means season ticket revenue isn't included

OneAW!

We have always inflated our wage spend by adding image rights to wages which other clubs don't. Its to make it seem like we spend more than we do. So I wouldn't be surprised if the board would use other dodgy tricks to mislead the fanbase with regards to our actual financials.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Wenger kept this club afloat during the difficult years of the stadium build. He hasn't been gone two years yet and were sliding downhill badly.

Wenger finished 6th and failed to get CL, it may have been the first time for years but it was the beginning of the slide. On a positive note, Kroenke wont want to hold onto a business that is making a loss. We may have increased revenue ahead with kit sponsor etc but we are going to take another hit if we fail to get EL. We have to up our game or he sells.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Wenger finished 6th and failed to get CL, it may have been the first time for years but it was the beginning of the slide. On a positive note, Kroenke wont want to hold onto a business that is making a loss. We may have increased revenue ahead with kit sponsor etc but we are going to take another hit if we fail to get EL. We have to up our game or he sells.
Wenger only dropped out of the top 4 with the full weight of the fans against him. That's what caused the slide.

There's never been a manager or team that's sustained top 4 football with the sort of campaign against them that our fans organised after the 15/16 season.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Think we'll be selling some assets and recruiting cheaper options this summer. Nothing new for us.

Sadly we've not got Wenger to help us. Hopefully we can make some good choices.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Wenger only dropped out of the top 4 with the full weight of the fans against him. That's what caused the slide.

There's never been a manager or team that's sustained top 4 football with the sort of campaign against them that our fans organised after the 15/16 season.
It was Wenger and Gazidis who set this club to be out of the top 4 for the next 5 years. Horrible transfers and contract problems created a mess that we are still trying to fix 3 years later and it will take us a year or two more to finish it.
Wenger was lucky enough to always have one extra quality player who would keep him in the top 4 for the last decade, and once he lost Cazorla there was nobody to save him. All of his late transfer were failures which were tied to the club for 5 years.
It's absolutely mad that you are putting this **** on fans

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We have to remember that Wenger finished 4th when the top 4 was exclusive.

Now the smaller clubs have more money and are no longer feeder clubs to the big boys things have changed.

You only have to look at the gaps between 4th and 5th all those years back. Nothing like that now. Smaller clubs have gotten more competitive and Arsenal has gotten less competitive.

You could list 20 signings that the likes of Wolves and Leciester made that improved them. Those were players we were overlooking. Why? Because we thought we were above them.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Now the smaller clubs have more money and are no longer feeder clubs to the big boys things have changed.

You only have to look at the gaps between 4th and 5th all those years back. Nothing like that now. Smaller clubs have gotten more competitive and Arsenal has gotten less competitive.

You could list 20 signings that the likes of Wolves and Leciester made that improved them. Those were players we were overlooking. Why? Because we thought we were above them.

Most of the Wolves signings are due to their ownership structure allowing Mendes to flood his players in. While Leicester is mainly down to top scouting.

What has really stagnated us in recent has been poor buying and selling.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Most of the Wolves signings are due to their ownership structure allowing Mendes to flood his players in. While Leicester is mainly down to top scouting.

Yeah but wolves have been able to offer those player a platform to say. Look this club is on an upward trajectory. Go enjoy 2 or 3 years and move on after. For a young player 20/21/22 to be going to a club that is on the up with less pressure and guaranteed playing time its attractive.

Leciester scouting seems 2nd to none.

There are players out there and we need to be scouting the market that your mid table teams are scouting.

What's the point pretending to be interested in Grealish/Maddison/Upamencano. Those players are waiting to make a big step up. Like Champions league. Not to be going to a team in 9th that really is showing no signs of rising to the top all the opposite.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Buying and selling is an art, as important as any manager. Liverpool and Leicester are leading the way. We're bottom of the class.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

How was the top 4 exclusive? Between 2004 and 2013 we were bottom half of the table spenders. And 2013 2018 we climbed to 5th most expensive squad.

The top 3 United, City and Chelsea were exclusive, they spent way more than any of other teams. How we kept in there company is down to Arsène. It's laughable but a testimony to his greatness that fans expected him to actually beat them to the title.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom