• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hopefully an Italian or Spanish club will bid 20M for him. Clearly not fancied by Arteta. Horrible footballer.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Very surprised he's not fancied by Arteta, has played pretty in every game he's played for him and was the standout player in Arteta's 1st game. Think he's been unfairly treated by all three managers this season. By a mile our best midfield player.

Manberg

Predator
Very surprised he's not fancied by Arteta, has played pretty in every game he's played for him and was the standout player in Arteta's 1st game. Think he's been unfairly treated by all three managers this season. By a mile our best midfield player.

Was too soon to say. In the middle of it, Torreira also had an illness.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Didn’t think I could hate Mike Dean more but here we go! Not even a yellow for that reckless and uncontrolled tackle injuring our player and basically ending his season. If that tackle had been by an Arsenal player it would have been a straight red I swear! Dean is such a ****ing **** it’s unreal!

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I thought scissor challenges had been outlawed?

Maybe not necessarily scissors challenges but tackles from behind have been banned. Scissors challenges almost always are from behind. Since 1998 when FIFA introduced the following addition to law XII: A tackle from behind which endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Did the Portsmouth defender tackle Torreira from behind? Yes. Did he endanger him? Yes.

Accidents happen in football. If a player goes into a challenge, takes the ball but momentum carries him into his opponent, fair enough that is still a fair challenge even if the opposing player suffers a bad injury. When a player comes through the back of a player then gets the ball then it isn't.

Look at these pics and somebody tell me how he could have got to the ball without scything through Toreira first.
cJHvqsM.jpg

cKu01TG.jpg

N8NynGg.jpg

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Maybe not necessarily scissors challenges but tackles from behind have been banned. Scissors challenges almost always are from behind. Since 1998 when FIFA introduced the following addition to law XII: A tackle from behind which endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Did the Portsmouth defender tackle Torreira from behind? Yes. Did he endanger him? Yes.

Accidents happen in football. If a player goes into a challenge, takes the ball but momentum carries him into his opponent, fair enough that is still a fair challenge even if the opposing player suffers a bad injury. When a player comes through the back of a player then gets the ball then it isn't.

Look at these pics and somebody tell me how he could have got to the ball without scything through Toreira first.
cJHvqsM.jpg

cKu01TG.jpg

N8NynGg.jpg

As reckless as you can get when you look at those pics yet we had people on here claiming it to be a fair challenge.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Awful challenge, awful injury.

That said, I can’t say I was a fan he’s a really bad passer and a big reason why we haven’t been good for years now. Not just him but just our central midfield in general.

I don’t think he’d have kept his place regardless.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

It we are gonna continue with Özil or someone in an Özil position (meaning) playing 4231 he just isnt the right enough guy

Xhaka Kinda isnt either even do I rate him.

But it is easier to find a Torreira replacement than a Xhaka one

IMO I say drop Özil and play a flatter 3 man central midfield.

But ive been saying that since the Jack and Ramsey days...

Kingofthebongo

Our midfield is a huge shambles. I mean, who IS favoured and a long term option?

Torreira, Özil, AMN, Guendouzi are all not fully favoured long term. Ceballos only here on loan, Xhaka isn't exactly the profile we need, had a questionable relationship with the fans - possibly out in the summer?

Last edited:

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Our midfield is the a huge shambles. I mean, who IS favoured and a long term option?

Torreira, Özil, AMN, Guendouzi are all not fully favoured long term. Ceballos only here on loan, Xhaka isn't exactly the profile we need, had a questionable relationship with the fans - possibly out in the summer?

Could be lots of change this summer. Needed given the last 3-4 years.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

cJHvqsM.jpg

cKu01TG.jpg

N8NynGg.jpg
Thanks for posting. Imagine that would have been an Arsenal player making that tackle. Mike Dean would have got his red card out quicker than you can say biased corrupt asshole!

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Thanks for posting. Imagine that would have been an Arsenal player making that tackle. Mike Dean would have got his red card out quicker than you can say biased corrupt asshole!

And yet somehow most games we seem to end up with more bookings than the opposition. Pepe in particular had to endure scissor and or tackle from behind on multiple occasions without even getting a free kick.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Awful challenge, awful injury.

That said, I can’t say I was a fan he’s a really bad passer and a big reason why we haven’t been good for years now. Not just him but just our central midfield in general.

I don’t think he’d have kept his place regardless.
Our midfield was broken before him, so if you wanna blame someone, start with Özil and Xhaka.
Torreira is doing his job well, winning the ball and keeping things simple like every other player of his type. The other two are stealing a living for far too long here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom