• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
Shows that rest doesn’t prevent injury.

What’s absurd is that commentators said it was a good tackle and there was nothing wrong with it.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
The way the tackle on him was dismissed really ****ing annoyed me. The guy clattered through the back of him and left him writhing- but of course Mike Dean sees it as a fair challenge.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The way the tackle on him was dismissed really ****ing annoyed me. The guy clattered through the back of him and left him writhing- but of course Mike Dean sees it as a fair challenge.
It’s all so ****ing shameful! I am not against tackles but reckless tackles like that need to be punished. We have been mistreated by the refs for so long. Mike Dean is just one of the worse examples. That ******* ****!

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

That is the worst part of it. That tackle has been acknowledged as a fair tackle by nearly everyone not associated with our club. Which means it gives the green light for any team to rough us up by just clattering us. It is only a matter of time before Pepe suffers a similar injury if the refs keep allowing those challenges.

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
770a61aeeedc4d3e4dbf5e6701c6f261.gif

Reactions: roz

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Bolton on Torreira
McNair on Wilshere
Essien on Diaby
Taylor on Eduardo

Guess the referee in these four games and total number of cards issued for the incidents.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Smith on Diaby as well

Nah fam. Dermot Gallagher was the ref for that game. Mike Dean was the ref for the other 4. He issued only one card, for the Eduardo incident and he even looked reluctant for that one :lol:

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't really lump it in with some of the tackles mentioned like Ramsey / Diaby.

The Ramsey & Diaby ones were shocking where a break the expected outcome watching it.

Jack vs Mcnair was very unlucky... maybe a bit dirty but both going for a ball infront coming in at angles.

I cant remember the Eduardo tackle & dont really want to watch again.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Nam fam. Dermot Gallagher was the ref for that game. Mike Dean was the ref for the other 4. He issued only one card, for the Eduardo incident and he even looked reluctant for that one :lol:

Mixing up my bald referees :rofl:

Probably only brandished the red when he could see the damage done and knew he had do something

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Wouldn't really lump it in with some of the tackles mentioned like Ramsey / Diaby.

The Ramsey & Diaby ones were shocking where a break the expected outcome watching it.

Jack vs Mcnair was very unlucky... maybe a bit dirty but both going for a ball infront coming in at angles.

I cant remember the Eduardo tackle & dont really want to watch again.

Yeah Im defo not saying the challenge was as bad, just the refereeing connection. It’s open season on us when he is in charge.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Very similar type of challenge here. No foul awarded.

And the referee is....go on. Have a guess.....

Just shows the double standard. That is a red all day long. Was listening to the Football Daily podcast where Steve Bruce was lauding the red card decision against Southampton yesterday as the Southampton player was coming over the ball in the tackle. That tackle on Pepe was totally reckless, the guy is totally out of control and in the air and could easily have broken Pepe’s ankle as the tackle did Torreira’s. The double standard is just mind boggling and teams know it. They know they can always have a go at our players and that when we fans or our players complain we are just soft and whiny. The PL refs and Mike Dean are just a bunch of mega ****s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom