• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari: 2019/2020 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Meh, he looks both slow and weak, especially for Pl. Not the profile we should be going for.

His passing looks great tbf.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Good anticipation and passing ability, his left foot also adds to his appeal. That said, I dont think he has shown enough to get him in permanently.

Like Mustafi, Sokratis, Chambers and Holding I think he needs to make way.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Meh, he looks both slow and weak, especially for Pl. Not the profile we should be going for.

His passing looks great tbf.
He'll have similar problems like Mertesacker for a slow CB in high line would be difficult i think he solid in his 2 games early to judge.

benjamin86

Established Member
I'd hope that he can only improve as he plays more. At the very least he seems a good plan b option if we can't get a top LCB and for not much money.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Looks like a good backup left-sided CB. Need to bring in a starting caliber left-sided CB for him to back up in the summer.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mari today reminded me a lot of Merts when he first joined us. His size no longer made a difference, and needed to get both smarter and stronger to survive.

Mari isn't as slow as Merts, so it'll be interesting to see how quickly he adapts.

This was a decent first EPL match.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Did well today aside from the mistake as mentioned. You won’t get many harder debuts than Michail Antonio, he’s a nightmare for any defender. Pace and power in abundance. Mari applied himself well.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We don't need anymore backup CBs ffs. We've already got 6 of those. And Saliba on the way.

Pretty soon we'll have a whole team of rash or weak CBs. What a shambles.

Eduardo_da_Silva

Once again Arsenal mania discarding players after two matches, two clean sheets and two solid displays from Mari. I see some good material in him, he will grow with time, and his passing will provide added value, especially in midfield like ours.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Did well today aside from the mistake as mentioned. You won’t get many harder debuts than Michail Antonio, he’s a nightmare for any defender. Pace and power in abundance. Mari applied himself well.

Are you for real? Aguero? Salah? Kane? Firmino dragging him out. Antonio is just a bull. Has no skill or any great technique. I would expect someone at near 2 metres to be able to deal with that type of striker all day.

It's the smaller, quicker strikers he will struggle against.

It's a worrying thing also that Haller won 8 aerials today 3 more than Luiz and Mari won together.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Are you for real? Aguero? Salah? Kane? Firmino dragging him out. Antonio is just a bull. Has no skill or any great technique. I would expect someone at near 2 metres to be able to deal with that type of striker all day.

It's the smaller, quicker strikers he will struggle against.

It's a worrying thing also that Haller won 8 aerials today 3 more than Luiz and Mari won together.
Contradicting yourself here, but nevertheless thanks for your input. I’m sure being Spanish and playing in the Brazilian League he’s well accustomed to “smaller, quicker strikers”. It’s the nature of the Prem and the physicality of players like Antonio that he won’t be used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom