• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v West Ham | Saturday March 7th | KO: 15:00 GMT | Illegal Streams

What will happen in the Dokaka derby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Was surprised by how you made us look like a remotely capable team. Insisting on pressing high and cycling possession, which is fine if you're elite at doing so but it felt like you were never that safe in possession and instead created our chances for us. You created surprisingly little even though you dominated the ball. It never felt like you had 73% of the ball.

Don't think I've ever felt like being hit by a smash and grab by a team dominating possession by that amount. We certainly created more chances, but rarely through good football. Let down by poor finishing.

There's a bit of Swansea under Laudrup about you lot at the moment. Dominating the ball but doing absolutely nothing with it, which - combined with a high line - arguably makes you much more vulnerable than if you played a more conservative pressing game.

I get that Arteta is trying to impose himself and a certain way of playing on the squad, but I can't help but feel there's a somewhat significant lack of pragmatism on display. It feels like the majority of your open play goals come from deviating from the possession focused game and breaking quick and early. There is a ridiculous amount of pace in your team up top right now.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Was surprised by how you made us look like a remotely capable team. Insisting on pressing high and cycling possession, which is fine if you're elite at doing so but it felt like you were never that safe in possession and instead created our chances for us. You created surprisingly little even though you dominated the ball. It never felt like you had 73% of the ball.

Don't think I've ever felt like being hit by a smash and grab by a team dominating possession by that amount. We certainly created more chances, but rarely through good football. Let down by poor finishing.

There's a bit of Swansea under Laudrup about you lot at the moment. Dominating the ball but doing absolutely nothing with it, which - combined with a high line - arguably makes you much more vulnerable than if you played a more conservative pressing game.

I get that Arteta is trying to impose himself and a certain way of playing on the squad, but I can't help but feel there's a somewhat significant lack of pragmatism on display. It feels like the majority of your open play goals come from deviating from the possession focused game and breaking quick and early. There is a ridiculous amount of pace in your team up top right now.

It’s our midfield for me, zero physical attributes in it and not any where near enough technical ability to make up for that...makes it very easy for teams to press us, second best in too many first half’s this season especially because of that.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Just out of interest everyone, I can't find a good, proper thread to ask on so I'll just ask here, are we able to just buy tickets at the gate of the game or do we have to have pre-purchased tickets for a general PL game?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Everyone involved with our transfers since summer 2015, shouldn’t be involved with a football team...we have signed some quality players in that time, but Jesus Christ, zero effort went into actually building an actual team since then...we have so little chemistry on the pitch, joke when you think about it :lol: :frustrated:

Hopefully someone helps Arteta, by buying players that we need.
I hear you but imo, the quality of the helpers is what worries me. I think Wenger only signing Cech in 2015 was poor and down to him. After that, I can't shake the feeling that Gazidis took control and here we are. I can't remember a time when we had so many big money "flops" and that's on the men in suits. Arteta has to be strong and identify his own targets and not just accept Kia's mediocre clients.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Watched the full match twice now. There is no chemistry with Pepe and anyone else and the midfield lacks individual quality, pace, strength and technical ability. We have to muddle on until the end of the season but there's nothing we can do with that MF. Arteta has "improved" some recently maligned players but their baseline is just too poor. Happy with the win and hoping Pep will do his mate a favour next week.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I hear you but imo, the quality of the helpers is what worries me. I think Wenger only signing Cech in 2015 was poor and down to him. After that, I can't shake the feeling that Gazidis took control and here we are. I can't remember a time when we had so many big money "flops" and that's on the men in suits. Arteta has to be strong and identify his own targets and not just accept Kia's mediocre clients.

Hope Arteta has a say, but I worry he is just a coach and has little input in transfers.

Raul needs to have a great summer window.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Hope Arteta has a say, but I worry he is just a coach and has little input in transfers.

I miss us having a manager and a proper football man and fan on the board. Our scouts need to find some names. I'm scared of what Raul might have in his little black book.

GDeep™

League is very weak

How’s that possible?

How can non footballing people like Raul know the technicals of what’s required?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Honestly think West Ham are better than you give credit. Think you are moving in the right direction. I know David Moyes isn't the most inspiring coach, but in my eyes he is a solid PL coach and you could do a lot worse than him. Especially over the last 3 games you have played well. The results haven't been great but your game is improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom