• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Effect of Coronavirus on Arsenal

Uncle Good-Advice

It's definitely time to react and prevent but I fear it's too late. Whole Europe is taking precautions, matches without fans or cancelled, yet Premier League was acting like nothing is happening. It's gonna be a difficult time, we'll see how the authorithies will react to an inevitable virus spread but I'm not very optimistic. Hopefully there would be only few months without football ahead of us...

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Imagine if they voided the season, reverted to last years standings to determine European spots and we get CL football because City are banned. Liverpool not winning the league being the cherry on top.
Love dat thinking. Best thing about it is I think it’s fair as well. Worst thing about it is things never work out ‘fair’ if it’s in our favour. VAR would probably somehow intervene and deny us.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Don’t understand how West Ham players aren't being isolated?

I think at this point they should just void the season and cancel it. Is it really worth it at this point?

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Love dat thinking. Best thing about it is I think it’s fair as well. Worst thing about it is things never work out ‘fair’ if it’s in our favour. VAR would probably somehow intervene and deny us.
Fair is having the standing as is lol.

How would last seasons table be fair?

Zazu

The guardian saying that players are self isolating for 14 days, but that the Brighton game is going ahead. How does that work?

Will we have to play a youth squad??

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The UK is being reactive rather than proactive in regards to this virus.

All events involving over a certain number of people should be cancelled. Instead they’ll wait until the infected are in the 1000s before action.

Clowns.
I think pretty much all European countries have the same problem with governments too slow to act. Here in the Netherlands already people can’t get tested because they don’t have enough capacity. I’ve counted 4 instances where a hospital had to (partly) close down because they had people working that had the virus and they didn’t know. Honestly its a clown show around whole of Europe.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The UK is being reactive rather than proactive in regards to this virus.

All events involving over a certain number of people should be cancelled. Instead they’ll wait until the infected are in the 1000s before action.

Clowns.

The junior health secretary tested positive last night, can imagine things getting taken a lot more seriously now.

Because if the competitions that are yet to be decided are void, it’s all you can do. I’m not saying City should be champions again.

In Chile when they cancelled a season, they just cancelled any league winners and promoted teams in automatic places then just relegated two more teams than usual the next year.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

They won't, too much money involved

They can’t guarantee the safety of the players anymore really.

Forcing them to play games when many have elderly relatives is dangerous ground imo. Also clubs are losing truckloads of money with empty stadiums.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The obvious action should be:

Cancel the league for a month.
Move the Euros to 2021.
Finish the season after that month.
If things are still bad, they’ve tried and should then cancel football until Arsenal have had enough transfer windows to get a good team again.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The obvious action should be:

Cancel the league for a month.
Move the Euros to 2021.
Finish the season after that month.
If things are still bad, they’ve tried and should then cancel football until Arsenal have had enough transfer windows to get a good team again.
Can’t break our unbeaten streak if we don’t play.

giphy.gif

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think at this point they should just void the season and cancel it. Is it really worth it at this point?

Too much money involved, not to mention political prestige. Keep calm and carry on getting infected is more the mantra.

Top Bottom